Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, there is a difference between putting an order on hold and rejecting. You are allowed to put your order on hold for 30 days at any point. If you wait until a VIN was assigned (as I did), they will reassign that VIN to someone and you will go back into the queue.

A rejection is if you show up to the delivery and refuse the car due to condition. I don't know if Tesla will cancel your order after you do that twice but they certainly can.
Right. I didn't reject the first one, just asked for a later delivery date
339? Who? I was just VINed yesterday with a 337. I also don't see any other 337s, 338s, or 339s in the spreadsheet, though it does tell people to block the last 5 of the VIN. I'm hoping my car is a Q2 build and not Q1.
I just got a 339 vin for white 6 seat plaid

I went back and forth so much on this.. Money wasn't an issue but I still chose the LR for the added range and because I just thought the speed on a 6 passenger SUV was overkill.... But after seeing the YouTube videos and the plaid launches I kind of regret it lol.. I love my LR don't get me wrong.. But if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten the plaid. Especially since I would have gotten it at the original price, before all of the increases..... Maybe in a year or two I'll swap out and get a plaid... I should probably place an order now before another price increase actually.

For the price difference between LR and Plaid, one could rent a Plaid for many days on Turo.

Well folks, my model x journey ends here, picked up my car today, hassle free, blemish free, all panels align perfectly. Super nice crew, and they were super relaxed with the eoq behind them

Thanks for all the support here, dropping the 2021 vin and waiting for the 2022 vin was the right thing to do

12C5A703-F6EB-476B-AE00-F1EA05E1170F.jpeg

Just chiming in for all those wondering about the computer overheating issue. It seems 2022.12.1 has made significant headway. I only have a sample size of 1 but I received no errors, no reboots, my outside temp display never faltered, had a normal charging curve from 45% to 90%. I know it’s a small sample size but at least two of these issues have occurred 100% of the time previously. I will try a deeper charge this weekend and reply to this post.

I know this isn’t the thread for this but this issue is mentioned a lot here so I wanted to add my experience.

Well folks, my model x journey ends here, picked up my car today, hassle free, blemish free, all panels align perfectly. Super nice crew, and they were super relaxed with the eoq behind them

Thanks for all the support here, dropping the 2021 vin and waiting for the 2022 vin was the right thing to do

View attachment 793082
Your waiting journey ends here. The model X journey is hopefully only starting now 🤣

Team,
Another day and another shift in the delivery window. This would be 17th such in pretty much as many days. Texting Tesla just returns the usual canned message about "we will inform you when your car is ready for delivery". It has been a very frustrating experience and causing a lot of disruption with the family plans (just a single car). I am right here in SF Bay Area so it is should be easiest of the deliveries. Has anyone else seen this happen?

The ordering and delivery process has to be the worst car buying experience (for cars in this price segment at least). I love driving Teslas but when it comes to interacting with the company itself, it is never a great experience (sales or service). Just a few weeks ago I had a chance to experience buying a BMW with a local dealer and I must say that it was an absolute pleasure to have a responsive, transparent and timely delivery process (including pricing). There was a minor hitch that delayed the delivery by 48 hours but they gave me a loaner with apologies.

Reactions: lexus26 and neo1738