Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope - the airbag issue is still not resolved. Apparently nothing being delivered, which is why this forum has gone into topics like snacks at super chargers and tinting on different windows in different parts of North America.

Need to shake the VIN machine.
Oh wow, airbag issue? Last time I was in, it was an unknown issue that was allegedly delaying deliveries. So we got more clarity, good to know.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Nope - the airbag issue is still not resolved. Apparently nothing being delivered, which is why this forum has gone into topics like snacks at super chargers and tinting on different windows in different parts of North America.

Need to shake the VIN machine.

My guess is why there has been no movement since being VINned on 4/12/22. I ask and it still says stuck at airbag. Lame thing is that my MS plaid has had airbag issues in the passenger seat since 3 months after picking up the car in June of 2021. Been in twice to fix, and still no permanent fix.

Reactions: daftskunk
Oof. That may be a little too much. You have the frunk space which doesn’t fit a large bag and in the trunk cubby, you can’t fit a large one either. So my guess is 2 large max? Possibly only 1 depending how “large” is defined.

I did 70% on front windshield and it made a heck of a difference. You’re correct that it goes unnoticed and it’s oh so worth it. Just not cheap. I got Spectra Photosync 70% and I think for front windshield alone it was $1200. I did all windows except the little ones above the FWDs.
He may have to use the well in between the middle row to stack the two largest suitcases. It'll make in/out harder for 3rd row though and less room for long legs into the middle section from the 3rd row. Stack two more in the back behind the 3rd row. Frunk is still free. The under-area below 2nd row is still available and many don't use this space. A side note: I do like that Oscar & Hamish suitcase set thats tailored to fit the frunk for my stuff, when we're trying to cram more suitcases/bodies. Tesla Model X - 4 piece Frunk

My guess is why there has been no movement since being VINned on 4/12/22. I ask and it still says stuck at airbag. Lame thing is that my MS plaid has had airbag issues in the passenger seat since 3 months after picking up the car in June of 2021. Been in twice to fix, and still no permanent fix.
Yes it is the pesky airbag issue. It would seem that the supposed fix (replacement) did not work. My delivery that was canceled an hour before the scheduled time on April 23rd has now been pushed to May 7th and that is just an estimate. This is after their initial assessment on delivery day when they thought that they could resolve it in a few hours!!

Reactions: daftskunk
No way. S is like 4x thicker than X and the windshield is low slung.

I've never had an issue and I can even rotate my visor in my S to cover the window too

Now my leaf was even better still but S works great.

X is just... Unique...
I've found that I've had to plan for the windshield glare, in addition to the supercharging. If I know I'm heading into the sun, like before sunset or into the sunrise, I'll toss the sunshade up there before leaving. Done. Comfortable.

I will say though, having a heavier tint cuts down on the immense view of the countryside out of that mammoth MX windshield. And I'm a view guy, so I took the shackles of that heavy tint off, that the previous owner put on the windshield, and put a very light one on, and it was like instant freedom for my eyes and those California mountain views. Dark tint may look better from the outside, but kills my joy from the inside. And autopilot plus gargantuan windshield really makes gorgeous road trips even more gorgeous.

Last edited:
Oh wow, airbag issue? Last time I was in, it was an unknown issue that was allegedly delaying deliveries. So we got more clarity, good to know.
It's a bummer too, that few deliveries means they're not burning thru the old headlights as fast. I want those old headlight stockpiles to be vanquished. Gone. Done and done.

He may have to use the well in between the middle row to stack the two largest suitcases. It'll make in/out harder for 3rd row though and less room for long legs into the middle section from the 3rd row. Stack two more in the back behind the 3rd row. Frunk is still free. The under-area below 2nd row is still available and many don't use this space. A side note: I do like that Oscar & Hamish suitcase set thats tailored to fit the frunk for my stuff, when we're trying to cram more suitcases/bodies. Tesla Model X - 4 piece Frunk
This four piece set is new to me. Interesting.

In all seriousness, it does get hot in the sun and it gets too hot when parked without tint.
Seattle drivers:

6dxrnn.jpg

So, did we ever get any answers regarding the Tesmanian floor mats? We had one member claiming he had received them early to test them out, but he never ended up posting his 'findings' that I know of. I'm still in need of second and third row mats. The front row Tesla ones work fantastic.

So, did we ever get any answers regarding the Tesmanian floor mats? We had one member claiming he had received them early to test them out, but he never ended up posting his 'findings' that I know of. I'm still in need of second and third row mats. The front row Tesla ones work fantastic.
I ordered the full kit for the 6-seater. Haven't heard a peep. But I'm expecting them to be better than the WeatherTechs based on comparisons I've seen with other Tesla models.