Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been 4 days since delivery and holy *sugar* am I ever happy with my Plaid. The 14 month wait was greeted with one of the most unique experiences I’ve had with a car. The yoke is awesome and it takes no time at all to get used to it. After a couple of days, a steering wheel now seems archaic. The screens are sooo smooth and crisp and blend nicely with the interior. Auto shift works flawlessly and has turned me into a lazy ass. And launch mode - wow! Why Plaid+ was ever even considered is baffling - it’s too fast as is.

To all those waiting, I know it’s hard but I promise you the payoff will be worth the wait. Everything about the car is perfect. And my god, the falcon wings…they make such a statement. Anyway, I wish everyone a speedy delivery and hope you love it as much as I do!

It’s been 4 days since delivery and holy *sugar* am I ever happy with my Plaid. The 14 month wait was greeted with one of the most unique experiences I’ve had with a car. The yoke is awesome and it takes no time at all to get used to it. After a couple of days, a steering wheel now seems archaic. The screens are sooo smooth and crisp and blend nicely with the interior. Auto shift works flawlessly and has turned me into a lazy ass. And launch mode - wow! Why Plaid+ was ever even considered is baffling - it’s too fast as is.

To all those waiting, I know it’s hard but I promise you the payoff will be worth the wait. Everything about the car is perfect. And my god, the falcon wings…they make such a statement. Anyway, I wish everyone a speedy delivery and hope you love it as much as I do!
I think car makers should emulate Tesla. Let people wait for 14 months (or more) for their order because they will all be elated after receiving it. (Unlike some ungrateful customer who receieved it a month after their order).

• Funny
Reactions: timberlights
You also don't need tint if you drive only at night.

On a serious note, though, wraps are unnecessary, paint reseller touch-up is cheaper and they do it for you when you resell your car to a dealer.
If we’re talking unnecessary, Teslas (the MX in particular) are unnecessary lol yet here we all are. The thing with wraps is they’ve gotten more trendy than anything, I feel. Just a few years ago, it was almost unheard of and now, just in this waiting room alone, seems 2/3 cars are getting wraps. And tints are needed in sunnier climates I suppose, but too dark tints look ghetto imo, as in limo dark😬

So, did we ever get any answers regarding the Tesmanian floor mats? We had one member claiming he had received them early to test them out, but he never ended up posting his 'findings' that I know of. I'm still in need of second and third row mats. The front row Tesla ones work fantastic.
I’m in the same boat. Love the front tesla mats. Hope they release the second and third row.

Reactions: Stro and Kitt9000
Why is it the customer's fault that they got it in one month? Why are they ungrateful??
Exactly. It is a financial transaction. We pay for a high quality and reliable car, Tesla is expected to deliver it. If the car quality is crappy, it does not matter if one got it a day after ordering or a year, it is still crappy.
Not sure why one needs to be grateful to Tesla gods. They are not doing us any personal favors. I like driving Tesla cars but I try to stay objective observers of their faults.

At least 4 large or extra large suitcases typically. And a cooler for drinks/snacks but that normally goes in the car.
Still waiting on my x but I’ll chime in since the reason I’m getting the x is storage space equal to my 25 yr old minivan. What I’ve observed on various videos is the use of duffel bags and other soft sided bags rather than hard sided suitcases so that the various shaped cubbies can be stuffed with things like shoes, overnight supplies, etc. There is space, and it appears some will handle a regular suitcase, but you’ll want something flexible to use it all.

Looks like I finally VINned. 7SAXCBE60NFxxxxxx. Date jumped from Aug to Feb to March to Aug to April and now VINned.

Just arrived today, it was dirty since it just got off from the transport. Came with Continentals. You can see in a couple images below, there is a slight misalignment on the FWDs. Think it is adjustable? Let me know if you guys sees anything else. Also, 4/13 written on the window there, is that the build date?

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    692.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 87
Just arrived today, it was dirty since it just got off from the transport. Came with Continentals. You can see in a couple images below, there is a slight misalignment on the FWDs. Think it is adjustable? Let me know if you guys sees anything else. Also, 4/13 written on the window there, is that the build date?
Did you take delivery, or just checking the delivery lot?

💯

"When you get to be my age", it's nice to stop, plug in the car, use the restroom, get a snack or beverage, and walk around for a few minutes to stretch. Far better than the typical gas station pit stop where you feel the need to get back on the highway in under 5 minutes.
In addition to this I found that the stops helped when I was getting sleepy, I drove a long stretch at night and staring at a road passing by for hours starts to make you drowsy…. Stopping and getting out of the car for a few minutes while charging provided a nice change of pace and wake up.

Again I am comparing it an ICE road trip. Enjoying great restaurants along the way is one of the gear perks of these long trips. Eating packed meals or grocery store meals is not a great substitute for foodies.
Good thing we’re not really foodies in our family lol…. We don’t really eat much so skipping a few SC’s without eating and just drinking is fine. And when we do eat we grab something quick, small and sensible…worst feeling in the world is sitting down for a long drive after a whole restaurant meal. Feels so uncomfortable

Reactions: sukhi
Still waiting on my x but I’ll chime in since the reason I’m getting the x is storage space equal to my 25 yr old minivan. What I’ve observed on various videos is the use of duffel bags and other soft sided bags rather than hard sided suitcases so that the various shaped cubbies can be stuffed with things like shoes, overnight supplies, etc. There is space, and it appears some will handle a regular suitcase, but you’ll want something flexible to use it all.
That’s brilliant! We actually have some of those already from various moves - not so great for air travel but would be perfect for driving. Will search but if you can share one of the videos would appreciate it.