Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@1pinhigh if you happen to go by KC in the next few days, keep a look out for my Plaid (Blue/Black/6/20). KC called me today to tell me that it's ready. We are scheduled to pick up on 5/7. May try to pull it in (it's our schedule, not Tesla's they want to deliver ASAP) but still trying to figure that out.
I'll run by today to take a look and let you know! Excited for you...

Couple of things...the Wallbox (which I have admittedly zero experience with) has a J1772 connector, but the Tesla Wall Connector has the proprietary Tesla connector. So if you want to charge the R1T with a Wall Connector you'll need a Tesla-to-J1772 adapter (Tesla doesn't make one but there are some third-party ones available). Also, the X can do its own charge scheduling even if the charging equipment doesn't (don't know about the R1T).

I agree the Wall Connector is pretty tempting at that price.

Bruce.
Great take, Wall connector is a game changer and just makes everything so much easier / more professional. Seems like a no brainer at the new price. I just leave the mobile connector in the frunk and use it on trips.

Also, delivery is May 12th for my 5 seat LR. Hopefully no further delays.

Yes, they prioritize orders from the 27th and after. The ones before that date they owe $2,000 to, so they choose to only rarely deliver one of those. Bunch of short sighted tight asses. It will cost them much more than $2,000 down the road. In business, you want to make decisions like you are a company of a 1,000 years. Tesla makes decisions like a company of 36 months
I’m not sure what all goes into their delivery decisions but I suspect the 2k is not part of the equation. There does seem to be geography, the west coast definitely get end of quarter deliveries. It could also be that they allocate to other geographic regions or their service centers in a way that makes the order date of an individual car not the primary factor. They have also stated occasionally that FSD cars might get priority, and clearly Plaids get priority.

There are people who ordered the same configuration as me, after my order date, that are getting cars before me, but they are not in my region. It might be that for some of them it’s their second or third Tesla, that might be another factor.

I have wondered if they are feathering in recent and old orders to raise the profit per car to an average of the old and new price, but the current price is significantly higher than January 21. The extra 2k on the pre-refresh orders does not seem like enough for them to put in the algorithm, but who knows.

I hope you get your car soon ! Seems like there is progress and even with all the above, you’ve got to be close.

Day 432 of waiting. I email my SA about once every 6 weeks and ask if they have any new info. It’s always “you’re on the priority list, I’ll speak to my manager” blah blah blah

One would think an early SoCal order would be easy to deliver.
I'm at day 432 as well. I got a call last week when my data range appeared. They said my car was in progress. Then the date went back to August and when I texted regarding status... It was like nothing ever happened. At least my family is entertained with all the Tesla Shenanigans. haha.

Most inventory on cars is so bad right now... I looked at a 2022 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S hybrid which was really nice. Decent daily driver EV miles of 30 range and enough power in the TT V8 to pull my trailer... but dealers want ~$20K markup, no thanks... Looked at the diesel Escalade also and it was really nice with plenty of tow power and excellent range... but again no inventory and dealers want $10, 20, 30, 40, 50K markups LMAO and people out there are paying this?!?!?!

I got another EDD from Tesla 4/30 - 5/16... see if this holds true :-| At least the price of wall connectors went down by $95 to $400 now. Nice to see prices dropping for a change.

Hello So i have finally become a VVinner :7SAXCDE51NF3XXXXX and I am very excited. Its for a Blue Model X, White, 22", FSD to Colorado, EDD May 9th to 13th. Its been quite the interesting ride, with the usual delays that many of the group has experienced. In particular, the recent months have been a roller coaster with 3 times moving from 3-3-22 -3-21-22 then back to July, or 3-21 to 4-18 then back to July, etc. I personally have just been on mode: it will arrive when it arrives, and I will still not believe it until a car is in front of me. I think that Tesla sure has a lot of work to do on customer communication and service, having all of these employees who pretty much know nothing, works for now when they have a competitive advantage, but there were many $100k cars that I almost bought instead and probably would have been treated much better in the ordering/buying process. I am praying my car arrives with minimal quality issues, but who knows it probably will have some, and I plan on doing a fairly thorough check of the car and hope they will be fixed when they can.

A few questions, I am pretty sure this is a 2022 VIN, is that right? Also does this car include a mobile connector? I have the wall connector installed and ready to go, but a backup mobile connector would be nice.

Good luck to everyone else!

Attachments

• Tesla Delivery.png
    Tesla Delivery.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 112
If that's the case, where is the mid-west???
Between the East and West Coast. Where it has always been. ;)

And even on the West Coast there is the West Coast and the Bay Area. In the Bay Area they are pushing delivers up until 11:59PM at the factory on the last day of the quarter. My car was originally slated for this timeframe.

Last edited:
I thought most people have a July estimate? Has yours been August for a while?
They are in Canada. August is Canada's July.
A few questions, I am pretty sure this is a 2022 VIN, is that right? Also does this car include a mobile connector? I have the wall connector installed and ready to go, but a backup mobile connector would be nice.
Yes, it is a 2022 VIN. Assuming you ordered before 17 April, 2022 your car will come with a mobile connector, though probably only a 5-15 (regular 120V wall outlet) plug.

Reactions: ductordoc
Hello So i have finally become a VVinner :7SAXCDE51NF3XXXXX and I .........................................

A few questions, I am pretty sure this is a 2022 VIN, is that right? Also does this car include a mobile connector? I have the wall connector installed and ready to go, but a backup mobile connector would be nice. ...................................................................

The N indicates it is a 2022 VIN (M would be 2021).
All orders placed before 4/28/22 will get the mobile connector per this statement at the Tesla shop.
"Note: Vehicle orders placed on or after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery."

Last edited:
@1pinhigh if you happen to go by KC in the next few days, keep a look out for my Plaid (Blue/Black/6/20). KC called me today to tell me that it's ready. We are scheduled to pick up on 5/7. May try to pull it in (it's our schedule, not Tesla's they want to deliver ASAP) but still trying to figure that out.
Here you go. I took a quick look around, primarily at panel gaps as well as anything very obvious. Couldn't really see anything with paint as we had storms this morning and the car was wet. The first two pictures are the top of the FWD's looking toward the back of the vehicle. I wanted to show those because it looks like they might be slightly out of alignment. Overall looked pretty good from what I could tell.

One item to note, there were only two refreshed MX's on the lot, your's and another Plaid in white. Hoping that they start seeing some "old orders" delivered for Blue MXLR's...
IMG_0365.jpeg
IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0361.jpeg

Good luck with your delivery. Hope it's as good as it seems!
IMG_0362.jpeg
IMG_0364.jpeg

Any 7 seater EDDs? Sorry if I missed anything!
There were two people who got the VIN for 7 seater.

Last edited:
Reactions: lexus26 and lsds