Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my order and wanting some thoughts. I got text and scheduled delivery. Not sure if I want it. the car is 337 and not sure if I should pass on this. My plan is to look at it and go over a checklist while at Fremont delivery center. The car has 37 miles on it, which is more than my last two Tesla with closer to 15-20 Miles.
37 is not that high IMO (I’ve seen much much higher). I think they’ve had to move the cars around a bit more recently due to the supposed trucking situation. Almost definitely worth checking out at least.

I’m a VINNER! LR, 5 seat, FSD, 22”, MSM with white interiors, ordered 4/15/2021. I plan to apply for financing, do you all think I should start applying now? Even if the date gets pushed back a bit, I think the financing approval is typically for 30 days, correct?
8A3D7678-2634-4D91-80B3-2FD448548151.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m a VINNER! LR, 5 seat, FSD, 22”, MSM with white interiors, ordered 4/15/2022. I plan to apply for financing, do you all think I should start applying now? Even if the date gets pushed back a bit, I think the financing approval is typically for 30 days, correct?
View attachment 802489
Yes. You can apply now that you have a VIN.

Update on my order and wanting some thoughts. I got text and scheduled delivery. Not sure if I want it. the car is 337 and not sure if I should pass on this. My plan is to look at it and go over a checklist while at Fremont delivery center. The car has 37 miles on it, which is more than my last two Tesla with closer to 15-20 Miles.
The mileage number on the site may not reflect the actual mileage. Mine said 30 something and had 5 or 6 miles when I picked it up at the factory delivery center.

Reactions: yayarearunner
I’m a VINNER! LR, 5 seat, FSD, 22”, MSM with white interiors, ordered 4/15/2021. I plan to apply for financing, do you all think I should start applying now? Even if the date gets pushed back a bit, I think the financing approval is typically for 30 days, correct?

Our cars must be traveling together, I received a VIN Sunday - 7SAXCBE60NF341***, same delivery date range.
Just got the text to schedule a delivery after finalizing financing. I'm located in Indianapolis, IN.

Can you provide some information on the delivery schedule? Prior to receiving your VIN what was the month they said you could expect delivery? I am a July 2021 order that went from a December 2021 delivery to January then February then March and now July 2022.
Not unusual for the Estimated Delivery Date to move around a lot. Mine went from Oct 2021, to Nov 2021, Jan 2022, Mar 2022, July 2022.

Then in the span of a few days from pick up today at 4PM and here is your VIN. Too bad your at 200 miles away. Then Model X on hold... To finally picked it up Thursday at 3 PM, not wait, 2 PM. And it turns out it does not matter what time of day you pick up cars at the factory. They are all sitting in 3 or 4 long rows of cars at the factory and delivery can be as contactless as you want.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I'm a Jan 27, 21 order and I finally figured out how to update my signature lol. I've had two babies since placing my order so the car is desperately needed.. Quick question, I rented a 2018 6 seat X on turo to try it out and I was immediately worried about cargo (strollers, etc) coming from the back and hitting the two babies in the 2nd row if there was an accident. What do you guys use as a cargo net or wall to keep the kiddos safe from cargo shifts? Thanks!

Well that's one way to pass the time while you wait for Model X delivery.

... and we finally have our first non-generic EDD: 5/23-6/11. Has been holding steady at October for the past 2+ months. Fingers crossed this holds!

Hoping for swivel, matrix, massaging seats, extra screen for the 3rd row, USB-L charging, and more!

Order deets in my signature.
Like others have said, I hate to be "that guy", but how the *sugar* is this possible?? I initially ordered my MXP in January, 2021 (and re-ordered in May when my SA cancelled my order); I am very close to Chicago and someone who ordered two months ago is taking delivery while I still see "July".

So perplexing and frustrating. @shoveler, not your fault - just venting, which I tend to do every few hundred pages!

Couple of articles about it

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Like others have said, I hate to be "that guy", but how the *sugar* is this possible?? I initially ordered my MXP in January, 2021 (and re-ordered in May when my SA cancelled my order); I am very close to Chicago and someone who ordered two months ago is taking delivery while I still see "July".

So perplexing and frustrating. @shoveler, not your fault - just venting, which I tend to do every few hundred pages!
Oh, I get it for sure. No offense taken.

Fwiw I do not have a VIN. As they say, it isn’t over until the oversized individual sings… 😬

View attachment 802489
Wait to 2 weeks, which , the rate might go up, I did. Apple same day 4/15 getting delivery on 5 22 , no change in rate