Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Itā€™s the same 0-60 as the LR but top down, shifting gears and sitting low is what I look for when going fast. Just a different experience
šŸ‘šŸ¼ It might have come across wrong. I was genuinely curious.

Agreed, love Teslas but Manual shifting has its own bliss. Always had at least one manual car at home until I Moved to Teslas(have 2 litre bikes now)

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
Auto loan rates have increased. DCU is now at 2.5% with all the discounts and Tesla is currently at 3.24%. DCU said I missed the lowest rate by three days because even though I was approved for 45 days, the rate does not lock until it is funded, and it couldnā€™t be funded until you have a VIN. DCU indicated that their rates would continue to increase this year.

Auto loan rates have increased. DCU is now at 2.5% with all the discounts and Tesla is currently at 3.24%. DCU said I missed the lowest rate by three days because even though I was approved for 45 days, the rate does not lock until it is funded, and it couldnā€™t be funded until you have a VIN. DCU indicated that their rates would continue to increase this year.
The longer we have to wait, the more we have to pay in rates. How lovely šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

How about just: they need to get their quality control *sugar* together?šŸ˜
These "doors" will always be a PITA...IMHO. Just count all sensor issues that people are reporting. Half-openings, eventual misalignments, etc. Integrity and engineering itself is not there. It's cool to have them, but if you plan to keep opening them - in the name of all that is holy, good luck!

Hey not sure if this has been mentioned or already talked about. But since the screen tilt is now working. Whatā€™s gonna happen to the people who already got the cars in dec and Jan that donā€™t tilt? Did tesla mention anything?

Thanks everyone!

Tesla operates slightly different from other car manufacturers. Unlike others who release features with a year model, Tesla begins to implement subtle changes on vehicles the moment the change is available. For instance, since the MX refresh was released there is already an updated charge port door and updated tail lights.

The only time to my knowledge Tesla has offered retrofits/upgrades was when they released the MCU 2. (infotainment computer). However there is much speculation to that they did this for safety reasons. Subsequent chips on MCU 1 were eventually recalled.

Tesla operates slightly different from other car manufacturers. Unlike others who release features with a year model, Tesla begins to implement subtle changes on vehicles the moment the change is available. For instance, since the MX refresh was released there is already an updated charge port door and updated tail lights.

The only time to my knowledge Tesla has offered retrofits/upgrades was when they released the MCU 2. (infotainment computer). However there is much speculation to that they did this for safety reasons. Subsequent chips on MCU 1 were eventually recalled.

Nah, they've retrofitted supercharging capabilities for S40. Power side mirrors. Parking ultrasonics. P90DL to P100DL. HW2 plus cameras to HW3 spec. Bioweapons defense mode retrofit. Maybe more.

I believe you can upgrade seats from Gen2 to Gen3 and rear facing seats was a retrofit option for a while.

Reactions: KrenGrl

This situation is quite different, as they advertised the tilt feature from the beginning. Plenty of us ordered before they removed it from the website.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Nah, they've retrofitted supercharging capabilities for S40. Power side mirrors. Parking ultrasonics. P90DL to P100DL. HW2 plus cameras to HW3 spec. Bioweapons defense mode retrofit. Maybe more.

I believe you can upgrade seats from Gen2 to Gen3 and rear facing seats was a retrofit option for a while.
Also Pedestrian warning speaker retrofit for 3/Y if the harness allows so.

Reactions: croman