Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster after following along for quite a while. LR5 seat black on black 20” no FSD. Original order date was 3/3/21. I’ve been within days of my EDD a couple of times before being bumped back to the generic placeholders. This time I had June 2 - June 24 for a week plus and then today was bumped to December 2022 to April 2023. The waiting is starting to get to me, so that sent me to the app to check my order agreement again. I noticed the order date on my agreement is showing as 7/27/2021 for some reason. Has anyone else seen this? Was that some sort of mass update? Worth trying to work out with my SA? I know there are other year plus wait timers out there, but the more I’ve read on here the more I get worried I’m caught in some weird profile glitch thing.

How did you guys figure out that you have vin? Email? Text? Or just check account regularly?
I noticed in the app first this time. I noticed my EDD had changed (narrowed), then looked up and saw the VIN under my RN number.

Previously I was first texted my VIN along with a congratulations, and a request to confirm I was ready to take a VIN. Then looked and saw it in the app.

I noticed in the app first this time. I noticed my EDD had changed (narrowed), then looked up and saw the VIN under my RN number.

Previously I was first texted my VIN along with a congratulations, and a request to confirm I was ready to take a VIN. Then looked and saw it in the app.
I noticed the EDD had changed in the app while randomly checking it Saturday morning. I then received a text from Tesla the next morning asking to schedule my delivery.

“Hi xxx, congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model X for delivery.

Select your tentative appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN1148758xx

Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection of your Model X. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model X arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.”

I wonder if Tesla has started shipping west coast cars by rail. My car which is supposed to be at Seattle-Renton is now at a logistics lot near Seattle SODO. I remember that they used to ship cars directly from the factory to the delivery center.
How'd you find out about the logistics lot? Where is said lot? I'd love to try and take a look at my MYP before I take delivery this Friday at the Sodo location. ;)

How did you guys figure out that you have vin? Email? Text? Or just check account regularly?
My date range narrowed and I got a request in the app to update my insurance. After swiping around the app, I saw the VIN in some language. A little while later, the VIN was in the upper left corner of the app. No text or email!

And, despite the fact that my EDD is next Monday to the following Monday, still no text or communication. Crickets…