Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it’s all bullshit EDDs i’ve been waiting since Nov 2020 and it’s January.. June people have Jan highly doubt everything gets it in Jan. We’ll see real EDD’s once production starts
Haven't posted here yet, but I'm from Nov 2020 as well, and I've been blank since refresh happened. Check weekly and my date has never updated to anything, just blank, forever. 6 seat, white, black interior, LR, located in California.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Ordered in January, pre-refresh EDD blank for a couple months now. Have a MYP and a MY on order as a temporary replacement for the X. Actually got a VIN for the MYP on 9/15 but earliest delivery was 9/20 and I was leaving the country for three weeks on that day so I had to give up the car and put the order on hold until I returned. I would really prefer to not take a MYP and then have to sell it a month later when the X comes in. Problem is, I have no car and am only sharing my wife’s Newly delivered MYP at the moment. Can’t really wait until 2022 for the X but don’t want two Y's either. Just don’t know what to do as it looks like they may be starting X production this quarter and I should be one of the early batches. Frustrating after nine months of waiting to have no idea 😩
Same! I bet a lot of MYs ordered by people giving up waiting for the X..

Wife would really prefer we get the cheaper Y that totally fits our needs (no kids, just badly need more ground clearance for vacation house driveway and higher tow hitch than our M3 for eMTBs) - but I want all the new goodies. But if my MYP gets here first...I think we'll just wait on the MXP for awhile. Too much hassle/cost to swap so soon.

Reactions: CDT
Production 100% will start this quarter along with deliveries.. your forgetting that all plaid orders are still blank.. they’re I’ll get updated with before end of year delivery.. they will push them all out before this quarter ends

Reactions: jbrowdy
Production 100% will start this quarter along with deliveries.. your forgetting that all plaid orders are still blank.. they’re I’ll get updated with before end of year delivery.. they will push them all out before this quarter ends
I think I will get mine this year because I ordered in December 2020 and have a blank EDD

I'm a December 2020 order for a LR... Still blank. I have a feeling they'll push as many pre refresh orders out as they can whether they're plaid or LR before the new year

Not related but this photo of the Y with 4680s was leaked on Twitter. It may support the theory that the delay was because of tesla decided to go with 4680. This is exciting because new shiny stuff but if the X doesn’t get 4680 I’m worried it will happen shortly (6 month to 1 year) after taking delivery.
1633806393643.png

Not related but this photo of the Y with 4680s was leaked on Twitter. It may support the theory that the delay was because of tesla decided to go with 4680. This is exciting because new shiny stuff but if the X doesn’t get 4680 I’m worried it will happen shortly (6 month to 1 year) after taking delivery.
View attachment 719596
I bought a 2020 M3P in may 2020 maybe July the newer M3P had more range AND came with power trunk. 2 months later

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I understand the benefits of 4680 cells to Tesla, but what are the benefits to the car owners?
Not sure of any - the specs shown are per unit volume (per cubic foot, not per battery)... so, Tesla could use batteries to make the cars more powerful or go further or just make the battery pack smaller and still achieve current performance specifications.

Reactions: bhzmark and bitmap
Canadian here - picking up from Saskatchewan. ordered in May, Long Range, cream interior, 5 seat.
My EDD got changed to January, but i got some emails from my SA. Just some forms to fill out because I’m ordering from Manitoba. The forms were regarding PST exemptions and some insurance stuff.

View attachment 719596
This is huge on three levels.
1) supercharging up to maybe who knows, 500kW
2) range increase
3) likely battery longevity benefits

Interesting that this is clearly set up to show non-Tesla workers.