Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don’t know where to put this, so since I’m waiting for my Model X, here’s a nugget just to those who haven’t owned a Tesla already.

It is like nothing else. I like it more over time (Model Y, currently). My commute is literally the highlight of my day (other than being with my family obviously. So the best is being with my family in the Tesla).

I noticed that I look forward to the drive home. It is even better with autopilot. And I want to drive more.

Don’t cancel your order. You will not realize what you’ve missed.

Edit: there is no other car (brand) I would buy.

Not related but this photo of the Y with 4680s was leaked on Twitter. It may support the theory that the delay was because of tesla decided to go with 4680. This is exciting because new shiny stuff but if the X doesn’t get 4680 I’m worried it will happen shortly (6 month to 1 year) after taking delivery.
View attachment 719596
Keep dreaming. Maybe your X will come with a unicorn in the frunk too.

I really don’t know where to put this, so since I’m waiting for my Model X, here’s a nugget just to those who haven’t owned a Tesla already.

It is like nothing else. I like it more over time (Model Y, currently). My commute is literally the highlight of my day (other than being with my family obviously. So the best is being with my family in the Tesla).

I noticed that I look forward to the drive home. It is even better with autopilot. And I want to drive more.

Don’t cancel your order. You will not realize what you’ve missed.

Edit: there is no other car (brand) I would buy.
I get this. I never minded running errands when I had my MX. Sold in January in anticipation of the refresh. Regret it every day. Now driving a Yukon Denali and feel like driving is literally a workout.

Agree. Plaid + was the only indication for 4680
and that has definitely been scrapped. These cells are meant for semi, MY and CT.
Exactly.
The only chance we have of getting the 4680 batteries in our new X is in a decade when the battery needs to be replaced and Tesla retrofits it with the newer 2032 year model battery pack.

The shareholders meeting addressed 4680 as it related to the Texas Gigafactory specifically. I am paraphrasing: The Y will begin production with the old pack and is expected to ramp production of the new pack in the second half of 2022. For any of us watching the Texas Giga flyover videos on Youtube they only just broke ground on the battery cathode plant (which is going to be a separate building on the Tesla campus).

Especially considering we are seeing pre-production Model Xs on the road now and given first deliveries are likely within the next three months I believe it is 99% safe to say we can put the 4680 hopes and dreams to rest. 😓

Exactly.
The only chance we have of getting the 4680 batteries in our new X is in a decade when the battery needs to be replaced and Tesla retrofits it with the newer 2032 year model battery pack.

The shareholders meeting addressed 4680 as it related to the Texas Gigafactory specifically. I am paraphrasing: The Y will begin production with the old pack and is expected to ramp production of the new pack in the second half of 2022. For any of us watching the Texas Giga flyover videos on Youtube they only just broke ground on the battery cathode plant (which is going to be a separate building on the Tesla campus).

Especially considering we are seeing pre-production Model Xs on the road now and given first deliveries are likely within the next three months I believe it is 99% safe to say we can put the 4680 hopes and dreams to rest. 😓
It's ok.... I will start a dream folder for my MX of 2024++... Innovation is not going to stop here.

It's ok.... I will start a dream folder for my MX of 2024++... Innovation is not going to stop here.
My 202X++ Tesla is a minivan with 4680 structural pack with 200 cubic feet of interior volume, 8 tons of towing capacity, 0-60 in 3 seconds, and 8 seats. Although, by that time, my kids will be grown and in college and I won't need a minivan anymore.

Maybe a roadster instead.

My 202X++ Tesla is a minivan with 4680 structural pack with 200 cubic feet of interior volume, 8 tons of towing capacity, 0-60 in 3 seconds, and 8 seats. Although, by that time, my kids will be grown and in college and I won't need a minivan anymore.

Nah, you'll still need them for the grandkids by the time it releases.

Hmm..sounds like the CyberTruck with the camper bed - that way you can stay with your kids at college.