Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want what? A unicorn. We loved the X and really want one but this is ridiculous.
I would certainly wait on buying a lucid dream or an eqs or a Rivian until you know what issues are out there. The media functions in a vacuum of convenience and continually points out negative production marks on Tesla (some definitely valid!) while ignoring the fact that legacy OEM putting out their first EV as well as the new kids on the block players will all have any number of production issues that comes with bringing a new EV to market at volume production. Prototypes are easy, production is hard. #inmuskwetrust

the EQS and X are completely different...both have their pros and cons. Benz have their own production issues. There are only 10 new benz vehicles at my local dealer most of which have significant markups
Local Mercedes-Benz dealer usually has 300 units in stock. Now only ONE! Selling him my Mercedes for big bucks and hoping my X gets here quick and sharing my wife’s MY and renting a golf cart will somehow work out. Come on Elon. Make the new X happen and be GREAT!

Just got a new update! The order page has completely changed! This is a good sign!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-213652_Samsung Internet.png
    Screenshot_20211008-213652_Samsung Internet.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 100
I would certainly wait on buying a lucid dream or an eqs or a Rivian until you know what issues are out there. The media functions in a vacuum of convenience and continually points out negative production marks on Tesla (some definitely valid!) while ignoring the fact that legacy OEM putting out their first EV as well as the new kids on the block players will all have any number of production issues that comes with bringing a new EV to market at volume production. Prototypes are easy, production is hard. #inmuskwetrust
Regarding the ev race in Elon’s words: It’s game over

Ordered in January, pre-refresh EDD blank for a couple months now. Have a MYP and a MY on order as a temporary replacement for the X. Actually got a VIN for the MYP on 9/15 but earliest delivery was 9/20 and I was leaving the country for three weeks on that day so I had to give up the car and put the order on hold until I returned. I would really prefer to not take a MYP and then have to sell it a month later when the X comes in. Problem is, I have no car and am only sharing my wife’s Newly delivered MYP at the moment. Can’t really wait until 2022 for the X but don’t want two Y's either. Just don’t know what to do as it looks like they may be starting X production this quarter and I should be one of the early batches. Frustrating after nine months of waiting to have no idea 😩

Reactions: CDT
Ordered in January, pre-refresh EDD blank for a couple months now. Have a MYP and a MY on order as a temporary replacement for the X. Actually got a VIN for the MYP on 9/15 but earliest delivery was 9/20 and I was leaving the country for three weeks on that day so I had to give up the car and put the order on hold until I returned. I would really prefer to not take a MYP and then have to sell it a month later when the X comes in. Problem is, I have no car and am only sharing my wife’s Newly delivered MYP at the moment. Can’t really wait until 2022 for the X but don’t want two Y's either. Just don’t know what to do as it looks like they may be starting X production this quarter and I should be one of the early batches. Frustrating after nine months of waiting to have no idea 😩
Rent a car on a monthly basis from rental car company (e.g., Avis)

Reactions: c_v_h and Vitaman
Local Mercedes-Benz dealer usually has 300 units in stock. Now only ONE! Selling him my Mercedes for big bucks and hoping my X gets here quick and sharing my wife’s MY and renting a golf cart will somehow work out. Come on Elon. Make the new X happen and be GREAT!
Yep. The chip shortage affects every car maker. But, Tesla has been able to hit its highest units sold despite the shortage by redesigning features.

A neighbor had a Ford small van on order. The van arrived but the dealer held it hostage. Demanded $12,000 over the quoted price. My neighbor said no you must legally sell that van to me at the price on our quote. Other people were willing to pay way over asking. The dealer sold it someone for $20,000 over my neighbor's quoted prices.

Supply and demand in action.

I agree with you. Don’t trust your EDD until your VIN is assigned.
Correct. The Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) is just that, an estimate. Estimates change. Especially with chips and other components running short. We are getting our 3rd Tesla and the other two were 4-6 weeks off the original EDD. With things the way they are now I expect the new X to be 3-6 months off the original EDD of January.

Reactions: Elixir