Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after 449 days of craziness, anxiety, confusion and everything else, today is my day!! Got vinned 7SAXCBE64NF346xxx. MXP blue/cream 20’, fsd. Any idea if this is a old or new vin with all the added features?
Probably late May or early June which is very new. Congrats!
It should have the swivel screen and everything that came before that. I haven't seen any confirmed reports of MX matrix headlights yet.

Reactions: aagarwa5 and JBTMX
I didn't see that they had the MX advertised as a Plaid! Very confusing, probably based on ignorance rather than deceit.

As for the iX, I only drove the one they had, which isn't the M version, obviously. It was still very fast and smooth. Since I've not driven an electric more than a few miles, I really have no reference point. I did see a recent article, not sure by with magazine, that tested the iXM60 and their "conclusion" was that it wasn't worth the +$20K for .2-.3 seconds faster to 60 than the normal iX. Just one publications opinion.

Since my MXLR order is a 5 seater, the iX seating would be just fine. We don't really need more than 5 seats, otherwise, we'd have ordered a different configuration on our X. As for the grill, I'm in agreement with you, that I'm not a huge fan of the monster grill. It's kind of grown on me and would be considered an acceptable compromise. I had an X3M Competition that I sold based on just one of the many EDD's from Tesla, that was VERY fun to drive. In fact, it was faster than my 2014 911 4S. Didn't handle as well, but was extremely fast! The exhaust sounds were incredible when mashing the go pedal.

If both were delivered the same day, I'd lean toward the iX, primarily because of a couple of reasons. First, I've been able to drive the iX and have not been able to do a test drive in the MXLR. The other reason for leaning toward the iX is that BMW has been building cars a very long time and based on what I've seen in these forums over the last year, my expectation is that they will deliver a more "consistent" quality product as compared to Tesla, especially if taking delivery at the end of the quarter pushes. There are MANY examples of poor quality in the mad dash at the end of the quarter.

I also realize though, that BMW isn't perfect and they too could deliver a vehicle with problems. I'm not picking on Tesla at all, just parroting what I've seen in the forums since joining last year. The one big benefit to the MXLR is that it's already appreciated almost $25K since I ordered it. Not sure where you can go to get a 25% return on a depreciating asset! ;)
Where are the aerodynamics on these non-Tesla trucks? Range, range, range. We are not all urban wanna-be cowboys. got to haul in winter.

The iXM60 is interesting. Not a big fan of the monster front grills, but that is the way BMW has chosen to go. (I drove a 2014 550i and a 2018 M550i before my Y) Is the iX a real competitor to the X? Is it a 3-row? If your X and iX get delivered same day which would you prefer?
iX is a 5 seat. The only soon-ish 3 row SUVs that I am aware of are the MB EQS SUV and Rivian R1S.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Just get water wipes off amazon: WaterWipes Biodegradable Original Baby Wipes, 99.9% Water Based Wipes, Unscented & Hypoallergenic for Sensitive Skin, 180 Count (3 packs), Packaging May Vary https://a.co/6z8xyLy

Use them whenever you see any issues they supposedly work amazing according to other white interior owners.

I’m not ceramic coating the seats but my exterior is being done right now. It stinks going back to an ICE after driving the X for a week!
Yes I agree! I will give up our X one day after delivery to get ceramic and tint finished. Thanks for the info. We usually use baby wipes that work very well. It’s only one area on the driver side seats discolored by dye from dark blue jeans on the white. It’s barely even noticeable. We’re just very particular. Trying to avoid this from happening on a new one. For four year old car, our M3 white seats have help up remarkably well.

My Model X arrived! :D
93195024874913380916.jpg

Okay, just kidding. My 3 is in service, the AC blend door has to be replaced. They gave me the option between an S or an X as a loaner, neither of which I've driven before. Figured I should get my butt in the X just to see if I can live with it before the Plaid shows up.

It's a '17 100D. Took a bit of a learning curve to figure out where to push on the door handles and all that jazz. I can see why these cars are so off putting to people who don't own them and how they have to awkwardly figure out how to use it. I had to resort to YouTube to figure out how to lower the driver head rest. For the life of me I couldn't find a heated steering wheel button on the wheel or on the center stack so I had to resort to a voice command to turn it off.

She's a bit boaty for sure. 4.4s 0-60 and doesn't have an adaptive suspension so the weight transfer to the rear when flooring it is pretty severe, I felt like I was on a teeter totter. This interior, I'm sorry, but yeah, it's just, I guess I'll just say I'm looking forward to getting into a refresh.

I really dig the higher seating position and man, that WINDSHIELD! I was giggling like a little school boy in the service bay before I left. I asked the service tech if all people act like it's Christmas in summer when they leave here. He just kinda nodded and smiled, lol. I'm such a dork. 🤪

Ok, so a got the front seat door windows tinted to match the back, and I had the front windshield tinted too.
Now… it’s been 2 weeks since install, can I safely put a GoPro suction cup mount on them or will it ruin the tint?

Curious how much did you pay to get this done? I am thinking of doing the same before my trip down to florida this summer.

I ordered MX-LR on June 2, 2021 (Black / Cream / 6 Seat / 22 / FSD). My EDD is currently "July 24 - September 04." If I were to ask about changing to a Plaid (in order to get the car sooner) would I have to pay today's price or the price of the Plaid on my order date? I am presently locked in at a price that is pre-multiple price increases. My amount due, including Title and Tax, is $123,821.87. If I ordered the same MX-LR configuration today the amount due would be $152,441.87.
If you are in the US you get the pricing from the day you ordered, not todays price.