Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don’t think I would switch from 5 to 6 just to get the car in the next few weeks… I currently have 6 and the fact that the captains chairs in the second row don’t fold down is super annoying… on a side note doesn’t the 7 seat configuration essentially make the rear screen impossible to see from the 3rd row?
Yes. I have a 7 and nobody back there sees much. Even if you have line of sight probably limited by screen size and vision though.

I got a call from Fremont a few hours ago. I ordered Blue/Cream/7seater/20" wheels/LR early January 2020. .

Rep stated production begins next week. If I agree to 6 seater, pay $3K more, I would most likely get delivery late October/early November. I asked, are these 2021 or 2022 VINs. He did not know for sure and stated, nothing is 2022 in any model so estimating 2021 VINs.

I declined to change to 6 seat and pay the difference. I am happy to wait, get a 2022 VIN, and frankly not get first group of vehicles off the line. Its cool to be first but this is a $100K purchase so I can wait another month or two.

He got back to me saying a change to 6 seater to get sooner would also increase price by 10k (since we ordered pre price increase) so obviously not worth it. Will continue twiddling my thumbs.
Looks like he is misinformed and not aware of what the mothership is doing. I guess you’ll have to hope Tesla gives you a call with the right offer that others are getting