Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like he is misinformed and not aware of what the mothership is doing. I guess you’ll have to hope Tesla gives you a call with the right offer that others are getting
if you reconfigure now, do you use the current pricing? LR increased by what 5-10k? I wouldve picked LR but Plaid didn't have a price increase...i actually sold my Plaid S and getting into a Plaid X.

For clarification, if you change to 6 seater now, you pay only the difference from 5 to 7 seats. It does not revert to current pricing like ordering a new vehicle. So if you don't mind the small bump, go for it. I want to stay with 7 seater for the family needs, but it would be only $3K if I switched and my pricing is pre-first increase before Jan. 27. I would retain that.

I could also change color or wheels now too without the re-pricing like current orders which was a nice offer but Mrs. and I decided to hold tight.
So if anyone paid $5500 for black wheels, you may be able to change to 20" and save that $5500 and use it for 6 seats. ;)

Okay here we go! So the notable absence of any mention of the model X on shareholder meeting was on purpose. There will be some kind of announcement during the earnings call on Oct 20 saying production has started and first customers will be taking delivery before Rivian delivers a single customer R1T. 6 seat plaids will come first with LRs following shortly thereafter (after Thanksgiving).

For clarification, if you change to 6 seater now, you pay only the difference from 5 to 7 seats. It does not revert to current pricing like ordering a new vehicle. So if you don't mind the small bump, go for it. I want to stay with 7 seater for the family needs, but it would be only $3K if I switched and my pricing is pre-first increase before Jan. 27. I would retain that.

I could also change color or wheels now too without the re-pricing like current orders which was a nice offer but Mrs. and I decided to hold tight.
So if anyone paid $5500 for black wheels, you may be able to change to 20" and save that $5500 and use it for 6 seats. ;)
are you sure about that. Right now the Plaid pricing is the same as before so there wouldnt be any change there. But I think if you earl LR guys changed your config, it may change your LR to current pricing

Reactions: honeyfist301
The things in most looking forward to about switching my current X for the new one is no longer having a white interior and getting 5 seats instead of my current 6.. this is tough.. getting 6 seats again wouldn’t be the end of the world I guess

Okay here we go! So the notable absence of any mention of the model X on shareholder meeting was on purpose. There will be some kind of announcement during the earnings call on Oct 20 saying production has started and first customers will be taking delivery before Rivian delivers a single customer R1T. 6 seat plaids will come first with LRs following shortly thereafter (after Thanksgiving).
100% agree