Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone happen to have any actual knowledge about how long it takes in minutes or hours to produce a Model X? Would be curious to come up with some estimates of how long it will take to fulfill orders, once production starts.
Take a look at delivery announcement. Model s numbers are stated and then rough math will get you there. The lines aren’t fully ramped plus there are days where lines are shut down so the number will never be exact but can give you a rough estimate

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Just got a call from Tesla corporate asking if I am willing to change to a 6 seat config for quick delivery! Agent stated that production is starting end of this/beginning of next week, and that only 6 seater plaids will be built/delivered. Jan ‘20 order. plaid, 7 seater.

Attachments

• 3D6D8D60-B074-475C-9250-BA36E11A1584.png
    3D6D8D60-B074-475C-9250-BA36E11A1584.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 89
Just got a call from Tesla corporate asking if I am willing to change to a 6 seat config for quick delivery! Agent stated that production is starting end of this/beginning of next week, and that only 6 seater plaids will be built/delivered. Jan ‘20 order. plaid, 7 seater.
Exciting!
What did you say? If you change to a six seater, what is the price increase?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Would be curious to come up with some estimates of how long it will take to fulfill orders, once production starts.

Six months? What other conclusion is there to draw from new orders arriving in May/June?

Note the the first quarter of refresh Model S production came to 1900 deliveries and the second quarter a further 9300, so we’re not talking about a massive ramp. Maybe X ramps faster if is uses a lot of the same parts/procedures as S, but the max stated capacity is 25k/quarter for X and S combined, so I wouldn’t expect more than 5k/month of X even once ramped — and that’s assuming no more white interior parts shortages and etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbrowdy
I have heard LR, 6 seats, Black exterior and cream interior will be delivered first.

• Informative
Reactions: lauraut
You saved a random call as Tesla? I like to believe you as this is very exciting and i have a 6 seat order since Nov but I dont want to be disappointed again.

what about people like me who have a 6 seater long range on order since 2020

I honestly don’t think I would switch from 5 to 6 just to get the car in the next few weeks… I currently have 6 and the fact that the captains chairs in the second row don’t fold down is super annoying… on a side note doesn’t the 7 seat configuration essentially make the rear screen impossible to see from the 3rd row?