Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered June 2021 6 Seater LR white/white with FSD (WA State), third Telsla. Had the usual bumps Dec 21 to Jan - april 22, then July 22 and then Sept-Dec 22. My dates have finally narrowed but now its a specific date in late Oct to Early December 2022!! Really feeling upset that this car keeps getting pushed out while others who ordered much later are getting theirs much sooner, even those with less expensive configurations
I also have an LR 6 seater order. I ordered one month after you and have had the same EDD roller coaster. My current EDD window is one month after yours (Nov - Jan) . I’m inclined to believe it…

Last edited:
Ordered June 2021 6 Seater LR white/white with FSD (WA State), third Telsla. Had the usual bumps Dec 21 to Jan - april 22, then July 22 and then Sept-Dec 22. My dates have finally narrowed but now its a specific date in late Oct to Early December 2022!!

Really feeling upset that this car keeps getting pushed out while others who ordered much later are getting theirs much sooner, even those with less expensive configurations!
Also WA state ordered in May 21 with a date range of Sep 26- Nov 21. Really hope it’s wrong cause this is getting ridiculous

Reactions: DeadCham7
picked up in the decatur sc today. vin 345xxx. MXP. showed up with a chrome trim piece on the front…

good thing is most everything else looked good. they had informed me this piece was mismatched and i could wait or pick up and then have it replaced as they already ordered the replacement piece.

but the SA was just as confused as to how this made it out of the factory.

View attachment 821978
How in the hell.

• Funny
Reactions: focher
picked up in the decatur sc today. vin 345xxx. MXP. showed up with a chrome trim piece on the front…

good thing is most everything else looked good. they had informed me this piece was mismatched and i could wait or pick up and then have it replaced as they already ordered the replacement piece.

but the SA was just as confused as to how this made it out of the factory.

View attachment 821978
Thought for sure this was one of those white transport films (commonly seen on the black handles and other trim parts) and you were joking. Doesn’t make any sense they would manufacture a chrome strip and paint it black unless these are old parts they are painting. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Did it recently change to this or is it roughly what it's been since they gave more realistic dates? May 21 order still showing July-Sept getting worried seeing all these May orders w much later dates.
July, Dec-Jan, Sep 21-Nov 30, Sep 28-Nov 6, and now the current one. So yeah, roughly the same since the more realistic dates. Like others have said though these dates hardly ever stick. I’ve seen a recent order with Sep-Nov dates get vin and delivery date

Last edited:
So a quick report on how this all ended. With a latest EDD date of September 6 to November 1, I got a text last Friday afternoon saying a VIN had been assigned, schedule Delivery and final tasks in the app. I scheduled in the app for pick up today (Monday) at 10:30am at Carlsbad, California. I financed it with Bank of America. 72 months at 3.34%. I had to text Tesla and have them add the amount financed and Bank of America to the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. That document, by the way, shows up in your documents section of your account. It was about 4 or 5 down the document list. I did the application on Saturday. By Monday morning Bank of America had the loan documents over to me to sign electronically (the 3 hour time difference helped as they are on Eastern Time). Pretty seamless. They told me that Tesla would just want to see those documents to pick up the car. I brought an extra nitpicky friend along with me to help me pick the car up. He's had 2 Teslas and was determined to find even the slightest thing wrong with it. The staff at Tesla were friendly enough. Nothing special, but not like some of the bad experiences people on here have talked about. They didn't seem to know much about the car. How the doors or the tow hitch worked. But they were friendly enough.

They had just pulled the car out front as we arrived. My picky friend kept walking around the outside of the car , and poking around the inside of the car. He said that never had he had a Tesla at delivery as perfect as this one. He struggled to find an issue with the paint or panel gaps, but was unable to find any. Inside the car he looked as hard as he could and found a little bit of trim around above the rear right door a little bit shoved in and slightly not right , and a tiny, and I mean a speck, of glue residue on one. Which the service advisor told us to report in the service section of the app, which I did. The service was to be a mobile service appointment on Thursday. He said they'd probably pull the trim off to clean it and reinstall it 100% perfectly. In fact, the issue was so picky and trivial, I cancelled the appointment. The service advisor told us early on our visit that Tesla is so confident about the panels and doors, that they don't accept any requests to adjust them anymore. I dunno. That's just what he said. And none needed any either. The FWD's work perfectly. All the doors and hatches perfect.

The only disappointment had nothing to do with the car. My electric meter at home was running backwards mid-day from the solar, so I hoped plugging the car in would either just slow the meter down or stop it. However, it flipped the meter to running forwards. I'm going to need more solar panels up there. I'll charge midnight to 6am in the meantime.

The car drives great. No rattles or anything. The active noise cancelling is very effective. My picky friend says he's now completely dissatisfied with his model Y now that he's driven in this thing. I also was afraid it would feel like you are driving a big boaty, bulky thing. But it does not at all, to me. While I'm completely dissatisfied that my Boeing at work has a yoke instead of a side stick; I really like the clean, open, and uncluttered feel with the yoke in this car. Once I figured it out, the tilt screen is really a lot nicer feature than I was expecting.

Attachments

• IMG_2528.jpeg
    IMG_2528.jpeg
    569 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2531.jpeg
    IMG_2531.jpeg
    587.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2530.jpeg
    IMG_2530.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2533.jpeg
    IMG_2533.jpeg
    573.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2535.jpeg
    IMG_2535.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2536.jpeg
    IMG_2536.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2537.jpeg
    IMG_2537.jpeg
    735.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2527.jpeg
    IMG_2527.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Did it recently change to this or is it roughly what it's been since they gave more realistic dates? May 21 order still showing July-Sept getting worried seeing all these May orders w much later dates.
My order, 5/2/2021 order date, CREAM interior, just got pushed back to July 28th to Sept 8th. Yesterday, I was inside of my EDD range. NEVER put too much faith in the EDD dates, when we get the VIN, then things get real. Any information provided prior to that is just a guess by Tesla. Also, WA for what it is worth.

Reactions: Elixir
I am scheduled to pick up my car today at 5:00pm. I just received an email that seemed generic about asking if I want to get my car today and to do that I should finalize my payment and upload the checks in the app or it may delay my pick up or even unmatch my VIN. I was planning to bring both checks with me to the appointment, but should I worried?

Thought for sure this was one of those white transport films (commonly seen on the black handles and other trim parts) and you were joking. Doesn’t make any sense they would manufacture a chrome strip and paint it black unless these are old parts they are painting. Correct me if I’m wrong.
the SA guessed they were out of that trim that specific day so they slapped an old trim on to make transport timeline for delivery for end of quarter push but yeah pretty ridiculous

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I am scheduled to pick up my car today at 5:00pm. I just received an email that seemed generic about asking if I want to get my car today and to do that I should finalize my payment and upload the checks in the app or it may delay my pick up or even unmatch my VIN. I was planning to bring both checks with me to the appointment, but should I worried?
Based on my experience picking up 5 different Teslas, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. I always paid at the end after the inspection either by cashier checks or plaid system

Reactions: lexus26
My app said the same thing but I’ve taken delivery of previous Teslas with cashiers check at delivery with no issue. I would call your delivery center and confirm with an intern just to be sure. I’m in SoCal. Congrats! D day has finally come!!

Yup. MXP May order (5/28) was pushed back as well. Here was the EDD history:

- Sept 1 to Oct 31
- June 27 to July 18
- Dec 7 to Mar 1

I'm in the Bay Area, as this would've been a local delivery.

This is comical.
For an MXP? I ordered after you and am seeing 8/14-9/25. Tesla’s site currently says Aug-Oct for new orders.

I will cancel my order if it pushes into 2023 (for tax reasons). Until your post I didn’t think that was a possibility.

I had delivery yesterday at 4 pm. Had received a similar text and responded that I was bringing a cashier’s check. I tendered the check after inspection of the car and then accepted delivery in the app. All very easy.

My app said the same thing but I’ve taken delivery of previous Teslas with cashiers check at delivery with no issue. I would call your delivery center and confirm with an intern just to be sure. I’m in SoCal. Congrats! D day has finally come!!
Thank you! Your response and @eng8 and @goldenage definitely took the stress off. I actually was able to reach Tesla yesterday after half an hour wait and confirmed about bringing both checks with me to the pick up, so was caught off guard with the email this morning.