Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I wanna say is What an amazing Vehicle, this is replacing a 2017 P100D for me and build quality is even better than even the last year plaid S I took delivery off.

Only one Main issue I found is the door handle on one side is not properly aligned, I doubt it tesla can do much to fix it.. But will see. I took the delivery still since I don't care much as rest of the vehicle is in pretty great condition :) However Hopefully in future all these would get ironed out too for future builds.

One thing I noticed yesterday seems like they just added Seat Pockets on the website mine was built on Aug 19th 2022. So I do NOT have it hope you guys get it.
What a sweet ride! We are also getting a white/white/FSD/20 MXP and our EDD is getting smaller! Cannot wait and glad to hear you think the build quality is getting better.

• Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
My delivery is scheduled for 4pm but it would've been great to have our deliveries side by side! BTW- let me know if you had any trouble finding the delivery center. I drove by the Fremont factory yesterday and had a a hard time finding where actual deliveries were taking place.
Ah, i thought you were in Seattle.

Tesla must hate me. My day one order estimate just moved back another month. After all the Teslas I’ve had, I think this’ll be my last ever, if I ever get it.
Someone else just had that happen and then the EDD moved back up, so hopefully it is a temporary change.

I took delivery in Seattle this morning. They didn't try to rush and get us out of there at all so I ended up spending an hour there, although most of the time was going over everything with my wife since this will be her primary car. Unfortunately for the first time in what feels like 500 days it rained here last night, which meant the car has quite a bit of dusty water spots on it, but overall was fairly clean. There are small panel gap mismatches here and there but nothing serious. The only real paint issue I noticed was the rear bumper cover was slightly different color than the rest of the car, but i hear this is a pretty typical problem with white. I'm not sure if SC would do anything about it, since this is relatively subtle.

IMG_20220827_095817.jpg

I did run into an issue once I got home where I couldn't close the passenger FWD. It would just beep like there was an obstruction. I had to force it close by holding the button and then after that it has open and closed fine. I am able to fully open the FWD in my garage which is a nice surprise, although I notice even though I set the car to fully open the doors it seems to only open 90-95%

IMG_20220827_170758.jpg

I'll have to do a more thorough inspection and go through the delivery check list tomorrow. Oh, and I guess go for a joy ride. I still haven't driven it :)

I took delivery in Seattle this morning. They didn't try to rush and get us out of there at all so I ended up spending an hour there, although most of the time was going over everything with my wife since this will be her primary car. Unfortunately for the first time in what feels like 500 days it rained here last night, which meant the car has quite a bit of dusty water spots on it, but overall was fairly clean. There are small panel gap mismatches here and there but nothing serious. The only real paint issue I noticed was the rear bumper cover was slightly different color than the rest of the car, but i hear this is a pretty typical problem with white. I'm not sure if SC would do anything about it, since this is relatively subtle.

View attachment 846045

I did run into an issue once I got home where I couldn't close the passenger FWD. It would just beep like there was an obstruction. I had to force it close by holding the button and then after that it has open and closed fine. I am able to fully open the FWD in my garage which is a nice surprise, although I notice even though I set the car to fully open the doors it seems to only open 90-95%

View attachment 846044

I'll have to do a more thorough inspection and go through the delivery check list tomorrow. Oh, and I guess go for a joy ride. I still haven't driven it :)
Nice! At least one of us got his car today. How was your FWD alignment?

Nice! At least one of us got his car today. How was your FWD alignment?
Pretty good. Very slight misalignment of the handles, but hard to notice except at certain angles. No rubbing that I could see. One thing I notice is that the black trim on the bottom of the doors is not attached very firmly. It is relatively easy to push it in a little, and on one side it even feels like there is some double sided tape behind it.

Got an email on 7/21: Action Required: Confirm Your Model X Order

At the time my EDD was Sept. I logged in and hit accept the second I saw the email come through
Correction: ordered August 2021
Sigh. Super jelly. Congrats! I got the same email as you to confirm order but then my dates pushed out.
Where in CA are you located? I’m So Cal (Los Angeles), 7 seater and ordered June 2021 and my EDD pushed to Oct 4 - Nov 15.

Hi @1pinhigh and @Bradlmas ,

I have the bad luck of flat tires in odd places where Roadside Assistance does not work...

I got the complete kit for Model X from Modernspare.com

It comes with the jack, wrench, spacer (to accomodate different offset between front and rear wheels)
and lug nuts and a carrying bag...

It is very good insurance - I have not had a flat since purchasing it.

Good Luck,

Shawn
thank you

Got an email on 7/21: Action Required: Confirm Your Model X Order

At the time my EDD was Sept. I logged in and hit accept the second I saw the email come through

Sigh. Super jelly. Congrats! I got the same email as you to confirm order but then my dates pushed out.
Where in CA are you located? I’m So Cal (Los Angeles), 7 seater and ordered June 2021 and my EDD pushed to Oct 4 - Nov 15.
My EDD was Mid August-Sept when I got that "hold, action required" email.

I'm located in Cerritos, which is part of LA county area.
My pick up will be at the newly opened Long Beach SC. I definitely plan on doing a thorough walk through with the delivery checklist.

I wouldn't take too much stock into all these EDD changes, going through similar frustrations.
In hindsight, things started getting more real after they contacted me about a possible trade-in (which I am not doing). Soon after, my date range narrowed to 3 weeks. Then about 2 weeks after that (which felt like a century), I got my VIN. Just my experience at least.

Hang in there! It'll happen soon!

Reactions: Kelryin and Houpty
Quick question for the group. Since there's not an onboard spare and I don't see a repair kit or inflator, what's the plan if you experience a flat? I've had other cars with no spare, however, those all had simple repair kits and inflator.
I received the tire repair kit from Tesla at delivery.

I also carry a jack, jack pads, pump and a plug kit. But I’ve carried that stuff in every car since I started driving.

So doing my trade-in with our old MX75D, if I do a trade-in quote on Tesla.com it gives me a range from $66,400 - $72,700 as of August 28th. But Tesla just gave me an offer of $55,800 on my order page. So weird. KBB shows between $70-75k as fair trade in value.

Anyone else experienced the same? I feel like its not accounting for FSD or something
47174679-3398-47BC-9844-8528D1357277.jpeg

So doing my trade-in with our old MX75D, if I do a trade-in quote on Tesla.com it gives me a range from $66,400 - $72,700 as of August 28th. But Tesla just gave me an offer of $55,800 on my order page. So weird. KBB shows between $70-75k as fair trade in value.

Anyone else experienced the same? I feel like its not accounting for FSD or somethingView attachment 846181
You need to price it out somewhere else, like Carvana or Carmax, to see how the offer is from Tesla. I feel like the KBB values are often higher than reality.