Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like Tesla is taking care of that for you.
Tesla via text confirmed a new VIN would be assigned at some point (thank goodness)….no matter how good they repair the previous VIN, I don’t think I would ever be fully comfortable with a car that from factory that required “extensive repairs”. This is a $173,000 vehicle….and they already have my money…..sigh

I received a VIN today! I went in to update the order tracker, and someone marked me canceled. Anyone know how to fix that? It won't let me edit the sheet.

Update: I just had to change it from canceled. All good.
That was probably me. I've been trying to remove orders that were out of date and that I couldn't find a way to contact via the forum . Glad you figured it out. Congrats on the VIN!

Graduation Day!!! Couple minor issues passenger fw door 95% aligned, scratch on same door handle, trim piece for tailight keeps falling off was just sitting in trunk space. Otherwise no issues and drives like a dream! Definitely worth the 471 day wait.
20220826_103944.jpg
20220826_104115.jpg
20220826_164911.jpg
20220826_103933.jpg
20220826_105242.jpg
20220826_112137.jpg

I’m sure the answer is somewhere in this forum but…do mobile adapters come with the vehicle when we pick it up? Just trying to determine what we need to have on hand. Any additional suggestions welcome.
The answer has evolved over time. Here's my best attempt at an overview.
  • Orders before a certain date (I think before April 28, 2022) were still supposed to get the mobile adapter and with your May 2021 order you would easily qualify...BUT
  • Then they changed policy and said for build dates after August 15th it would be a $200 voucher rather than getting the adapter (which would be better for someone who already has one from a previous vehicle)

• Informative
Reactions: JBTMX
last year when We took delivery of Plaid S it use to be 100 mile or 3 days which ever comes first to report any cosmetic issues. Now it is 1 day or 100 mile which ever comes first
so that means that 100 miles doesn’t even get me Into my home state, where Tesla isn’t allowed to sell, and only 350+ miles to home. Hence I intend to sit in the SC parking lot for hours going through every check list on the web and taking pictures of every little thing I have any question about, then drive around a block or so and listen for any strange noises, rattles, or vibrations. Tesla is nuts, as a company.

I'm curious what people think here... On another TMC forum here about AI and FSD, there's a couple of predictions of an announcement that all cars coming off the line have HW4 when AI Day 2 happens on Sept 30th. The reasons for this are: 1) The jump in FSD price is very coincidental and just version 10.69 doesn't warrant that alone, 2) Elon said HW4 would roll out late 2022 (and while he said HW4 originally would debut at same time as CT, it was not stated to be exclusive to CT), 3) the same type of announcement happened with HW3 at AI Day 1, 4) code referencing HW4 was spotted this Spring in software updates. Do you think this is likely/unlikely? Any reason to delay delivery until after Sept 30th for those with a late Sept EDD?

so that means that 100 miles doesn’t even get me Into my home state, where Tesla isn’t allowed to sell, and only 350+ miles to home. Hence I intend to sit in the SC parking lot for hours going through every check list on the web and taking pictures of every little thing I have any question about, then drive around a block or so and listen for any strange noises, rattles, or vibrations. Tesla is nuts, as a company.
I would imagine noise / vibration can be reported even after the 100 miles still its just the cosmetic / fit finish issues

car still has warranty

Reactions: Tz00
so I ordered my model X on may 14 2021 (7 seater silver with cream interior and FSD from Cali) my EDD changes so many times from but early this month it was showing aug 8th to aug 30th and the Tesla rep called me and told me to get my ready that I would get it soon. then aug 7th I check the app and they delayed me aug 17 sept 7th the on aug 16th it changed again to now showing aug 29th to sept 17th and I'm afraid there going to delay on the 28th again. my question is when should I get a vin number?

so I ordered my model X on may 14 2021 (7 seater silver with cream interior and FSD from Cali) my EDD changes so many times from but early this month it was showing aug 8th to aug 30th and the Tesla rep called me and told me to get my ready that I would get it soon. then aug 7th I check the app and they delayed me aug 17 sept 7th the on aug 16th it changed again to now showing aug 29th to sept 17th and I'm afraid there going to delay on the 28th again. my question is when should I get a vin number?
You are in California, so Sept deliveries are very likely.

I'm curious what people think here... On another TMC forum here about AI and FSD, there's a couple of predictions of an announcement that all cars coming off the line have HW4 when AI Day 2 happens on Sept 30th. The reasons for this are: 1) The jump in FSD price is very coincidental and just version 10.69 doesn't warrant that alone, 2) Elon said HW4 would roll out late 2022 (and while he said HW4 originally would debut at same time as CT, it was not stated to be exclusive to CT), 3) the same type of announcement happened with HW3 at AI Day 1, 4) code referencing HW4 was spotted this Spring in software updates. Do you think this is likely/unlikely? Any reason to delay delivery until after Sept 30th for those with a late Sept EDD?
Unless you buy FSD, it doesn't matter much, and if you do buy FSD then I suspect the upgrade would be included, so still doesn't matter much.

Also, I'm pretty sure HW3 was announced way before AI day 1, so I'm not sure who is saying that. AI day was primarily a recruiting event, and this one is probably similar.
1661566494236.png

1661566593212.png

So HW3 was ~2.5 years before AI day 1...

Edit: "Musk first announced “Hardware 3” during an August 2018 earnings call"

The answer has evolved over time. Here's my best attempt at an overview.
  • Orders before a certain date (I think before April 28, 2022) were still supposed to get the mobile adapter and with your May 2021 order you would easily qualify...BUT
  • Then they changed policy and said for build dates after August 15th it would be a $200 voucher rather than getting the adapter (which would be better for someone who already has one from a previous vehicle)
Thank you. Husband is flying to pick up Thursday. He does have one route home with a supercharger but it’s an hour an a half longer route. We live in a remote area so we will need adapters if we are to travel any distances. Of course the adapter set is back ordered. Figures.

Reactions: Prairie
Thank you. Husband is flying to pick up Thursday. He does have one route home with a supercharger but it’s an hour an a half longer route. We live in a remote area so we will need adapters if we are to travel any distances. Of course the adapter set is back ordered. Figures.
I believe the car is supposed to come with a J1772 adapter, so at least if he can find J1772 chargers he should still be able to charge. However, going 30 minutes out of a way to hit a supercharger is probably still way faster than trying to use a L2 charger.

Reactions: n.one.one
I've been thinking roughly the same thing about HW4 rollout.
I won't delay delivery but have recently added FSD for 10k.
I added FSD for the upcoming HW4 physical hardware upgrades that I expect to have installed when available.
Hardware upgrades including the New High Res Radar, and the New Cameras.

Lol I haven’t been around here lately but I had to stop by because today is 555 days since I placed my order. My delivery estimate has narrowed to September 9-29. For the first time, I have some remote hope of actually getting my car soon.

Also today was the day I got my Model 3 out of the repair shop, where I dropped it off on June 20. It has been a L O N G. S U M M E R.