Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another data point, ours was a 08/21 order MX LR 7 seater. Our EDD got move from 9/13-10/4 to 11/2-12/14 today. This is the forth (yes, forth!!!) time we got moved from being inside an EDD window starting in June when we received the trade-in text from Tesla. Exactly once a month so far ...

The bottom line is you can't really trust anything Tesla is telling you until you have your hands on the yoke >.<||||
Just got a VIN an hour ago (NF3590**)!! What a roller coaster ride!

But the VIN does look a bit older than folks that were getting them in the past few days. Does that mean this can just be one that was assigned to another reservation earlier?

Just got a VIN an hour ago (NF3590**)!! What a roller coaster ride!

But the VIN does look a bit older than folks that were getting them in the past few days. Does that mean this can just be one that was assigned to another reservation earlier?
It is not that old. The difference is literally a couple of weeks. It very well could just be someone who couldn't get financed for example.

Picked up my white on white MX plaid with 22s on Tuesday from Tesla Camarillo.

The car is amazing! Well worth the wait. Panel gaps are amazing….car drove amazing and quiet and perfect in every way….nothing I could find to complain about except one tiny blemish on the passenger dash that I’ll let go and the driver side FW door is off ever so slightly. My question to everyone is….should I have that adjusted or leave it be….I’ve heard messing with them can cause disasters and everything is working so well but it does irk me. Attached some pics and any insight from my Tesla brothers and sisters would be most appreciated! Cheers. C3070BAD-631E-4BA3-BE29-2FA8DD3BD306.jpeg992FDE5E-6AB0-4B72-880E-A97EF47B3B08.jpeg79B98D7C-6C36-4197-BDEA-AEBD040BCA3F.jpeg7D5ACE58-EA8A-464C-8173-BD4D9C7D50F2.jpeg

EDD is just what it says...an estimate. Owners will really only know when the get a VIN, and are contacted by a delivery advisor as to when to come in to pick up your car. Even that has some wiggle room, as the Delivery Center will do a final check over and prep prior to delivery. If they find anything amiss, they will reach out to you to reschedule. Only after final inspection will you know pretty much for sure when to schedule delivery. Then that will be on short notice, so try to remain flexible till the last moment.
I thought the “E” stood for “Exact”!

/s

Almost hit my EDD and then changed to this for the last 10 days. Really surprised it hasn’t updated to anything. This is getting old and the window for EOQ 3 is shrinking fast…
I had same almost two weeks ago and then a few days after that had a vin and now delivery on Saturday coming up. Even after vin was initially assigned it STILL said estimated dec-apr. Their system is such bullshit.

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
Reactions: daftskunk
Picked up my white on white MX plaid with 22s on Tuesday from Tesla Camarillo.

The car is amazing! Well worth the wait. Panel gaps are amazing….car drove amazing and quiet and perfect in every way….nothing I could find to complain about except one tiny blemish on the passenger dash that I’ll let go and the driver side FW door is off ever so slightly. My question to everyone is….should I have that adjusted or leave it be….I’ve heard messing with them can cause disasters and everything is working so well but it does irk me. Attached some pics and any insight from my Tesla brothers and sisters would be most appreciated! Cheers.View attachment 852950View attachment 852951View attachment 852952View attachment 852953
Looks very nice we also got white on white, Build We got is from August.

The door handle was pretty misaligned but Tesla SC was able to fix it so far no issues with the door after the fix.

However I had one issue from the delivery where the passenger side Falcon wing door was not opening fully always almost detecting an object near from day 1. SC was able to diagnose the issue to Something with the sensor in the door and they replaced it under warranty.

Love the refresh X it replaced an older Model X for us.

After Q3 2022 my guess is that therw will be somewhere some month gap in deliveries of MX and MS to US and Canada caused on building a batch for Europe and there will be as backup those inventory cwrs for sale. Tesla seems to build this more like batches than fifo order so when to shift over to EU spec car, they do some biģger batch same way
Europe.
“Model S/X production has been slowly increasing since restarting production last year with Tesla producing …….. 14,218 units in Q1 2022, and 16,411 last quarter.

Tesla is aiming to ramp back up to around 25,000 Model S/X vehicles per quarter once it delivers to all its markets” / Electrek.

How much will Model S/X Plaid deliveries to Europe affect delivery speed in US/Canada?
Maybe the plan is that ramp up production will give that existing is not changed in US/Canada. Let’s hope that so Tesla continue with deliveries to Europe December 2022.
The number of old and new Plaid orders in Europe is also unknown.