Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a VIN NF3620..Model X LR Gray/White 20" FSD 6 Seater. EDD Sept-27th-Oct. 1st. Originally reserved June 2021. Can I tell them I'm not ready and release the VIN? I prefer to wait for end of the year delivery.
You should tell them ASAP.
Look at your Order Agreement and see how long can you delay without them cancelling your order or have you pay for the destination charge ($1200) once the car reached the delivery location.

• Informative
Reactions: stok1232
You should tell them ASAP.
Look at your Order Agreement and see how long can you delay without them cancelling your order or have you pay for the destination charge ($1200) once the car reached the delivery location.
Generally you get to push off for 30 days if you get another VIN and don't take delivery your order will be cancelled and you will go to the back of the line at new pricing if you order again.

Did you get the text that your car is being delivered in September?
Actually no, I didn’t. just the trade in txt a couple of weeks ago, and if I’m Paying in full vs. other payment method txt like a week ago. From reading previous accounts, I doubt though they’ll be delivering anything that first week and a half in Oct…and to the west coast at that. Still hoping for Sep delivery.

My recent texts to tesla, I did let them know that financing was set and I was ready have car delivered as soon as they have it. They acknowledged, “Thanks, we will let you know”…so maybe the “delivered in sep” txt that some got doesn’t make sense in this context.

Ugh, just got pushed, slightly, 9/14-10/5 to 9/18 - 10/9. Happened on day 2 within my edd period.
Our orders have had the same delivery range for a while. For this week, I think we were both at the top of the list to receive cars, depending on what specific cars were made each day. I was lucky enough they matched a car produced yesterday to me. I think you are still at the top of the list, they will match a newly made car to you soon.

I used to believe Tesla planned production by the week, but now I have a sense they really plan it day to day. No use over planning because things will be different tomorrow type mentality.

Reactions: Legaleye3000
OH YAY! WTG K9K!
Thank you!!!
When you guys get vins, are you checking the app and see it first or do you get an email first? Thanks.
Got a txt, then checked the App and website and both showed VIN. No email. I could have sworn I checked the app like 5 mins before the txt also and there was no VIN at that time. So txt, app/website updated seem simultaneously seemed like.

Reactions: Hebert
I just got a VIN NF3620..Model X LR Gray/White 20" FSD 6 Seater. EDD Sept-27th-Oct. 1st. Originally reserved June 2021. Can I tell them I'm not ready and release the VIN? I prefer to wait for end of the year delivery.
Just say "Hi Tesla, I know I've been waiting about 480 days at this point, and I've been having so much fun that I think I'd like to wait some more actually!" 😂