Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the video (~7:20) he said there is an small (unused) screen on the front passenger side... Is that true?
I saw a video one time that in some countries, I think in Asia somewhere, they legally require a screen on the front passenger side for parking purposes. I wonder if it’s related to that and it was just in the initial batch, but will be deleted in future batches. Just a guess.

Just got off the phone with a great Tesla sales rep, I asked if he could check the back end of my account and he said "Tesla sales reps are not able to check the back end anymore because they were getting to many calls to check that and Tesla does not want to disclose that information anymore, all he is able to check is the end of the account that I see". Next I asked what is going on with the January EDD, he said "That is basically just a placeholder until the EDD for this year is assigned".
Further evidence that our #TMC MX Waiting room has the power to change Tesla policies.

Now... I wonder if we can bend them to our will.... (wrings hands then twirls moustache)

I watched the OCDetailing video. Outside of the items updated on the refresh S, not much has changed on the car. Here are a few things I noticed -
  • Right side of car has a FWD misalignment with rear fender
  • 2nd/3rd row seats seem exactly the same as pre-refresh.
  • Model X logo is back at top of FWD trim (both sides). This was on earlier model X cars, but Tesla removed it in 2018 or 2019.
  • USB-C below 2nd row cup holders and ports between 3rd row seats
  • Speaker in roof between 2nd row seats
  • Rear Fogs - This was a toggle on the pre-refresh Model X cars as well. Not new.

In the video (~7:20) he said there is an small (unused) screen on the front passenger side... Is that true?

Yes, Model S has this too, but someone took out the MCU and found that nothing was plugged into the front passenger screen port. Likely early S cars won't have this enabled, but who knows about X.

I watched the OCDetailing video. Outside of the items updated on the refresh S, not much has changed on the car. Here are a few things I noticed -
  • Right side of car has a FWD misalignment with rear fender
  • 2nd/3rd row seats seem exactly the same as pre-refresh.
  • Model X logo is back at top of FWD trim (both sides). This was on earlier model X cars, but Tesla removed it in 2018 or 2019.
  • USB-C below 2nd row cup holders and ports between 3rd row seats
  • Speaker in roof between 2nd row seats
  • Rear Fogs - This was a toggle on the pre-refresh Model X cars as well. Not new.

Yes, Model S has this too, but someone took out the MCU and found that nothing was plugged into the front passenger screen port. Likely early S cars won't have this enabled, but who knows about X.
I wonder why in the screen is not being used? it would be super cool to have it display speed and g-forse

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
The thing I cannot wrap my head around is, Tesla typically honors the prices locked in at order. If they know they are going to raise the prices, why don't they already? Or are they going to lower S prices once the X is out? Specifically, X used to sell more, historically.

Now we know, the X is body seems to have nothing new:

If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.

Live out in the Mojave desert area NNE of LA. I'm not even sure where I am taking delivery, there are about 6+ delivery/service centers about equal distance in time from me.
I wonder why in the screen is not being used? it would be super cool to have it display speed and g-forse
Unless your wife is constantly trying to monitor your speed from the passenger seat haha.

I had to disable that feature from the Waze app because it was too easy for her to glance up and see my speed in relation to the speed limit.

Yeah that's not how it works, the noise cancellation only filters out constant background/ambient noises that are present and recorded by the microphones, such as road noise, wind, maybe the humm from the AC/vents. Just like a noise cancelling headset it sends out a "sound" in the opposite "wavelength" to cancel out the presence of the ambient noises. It won't cancel out voices, music and other loud unpredictable sounds.

I read somewhere the ANC could only be activated when someone was not present in the backseat. This might change once its out in a software update

I truly hope there will be option to pair bluetooth headsets or use wired headsets to use with the rear screen, if not it will be useless/pointless
Does that mean they will cancel out the constant background noise from granddaughters who won't sit quietly? :) Please tell me yes...