Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Outstanding and much-needed video, thanks @Joseph Torbati!

Bruce.
Agree. It makes me want my new X as soon as possible. But not enough to pay to move from the 5 seater to 6 seater.

Also curious about the passenger side screen they mention. I wonder what that is for. Maybe to let parents watch the kids in the back? Or maybe for Tesla to watch everyone in the car?

Agree. It makes me want my new X as soon as possible. But not enough to pay to move from the 5 seater to 6 seater.

Also curious about the passenger side screen they mention. I wonder what that is for. Maybe to let parents watch the kids in the back? Or maybe for Tesla to watch everyone in the car?
hoping it is something like in this Ferrari
fba555a20ad58c8d7c88fca6e3c24b2b.jpg

Yeah that's not how it works, the noise cancellation only filters out constant background/ambient noises that are present and recorded by the microphones, such as road noise, wind, maybe the humm from the AC/vents. Just like a noise cancelling headset it sends out a "sound" in the opposite "wavelength" to cancel out the presence of the ambient noises. It won't cancel out voices, music and other loud unpredictable sounds.

I read somewhere the ANC could only be activated when someone was not present in the backseat. This might change once its out in a software update

I truly hope there will be option to pair bluetooth headsets or use wired headsets to use with the rear screen, if not it will be useless/pointless

Maybe I misunderstood. I took his post as humor. But, who knows. Many people have way too much faith in tech!

Reactions: TJPDX and TWENT2
let me know how that goes i’ll be in the same boat
"And the 2k request is in process with our team at headquarters already, and they should be able to complete this request closer to the appointment day.

We can hold Saturday 11/6 pick up as tentative if that works well for you. And then can confirm by day prior as it will be tentative based on vehicle being produced and transported down next week as anticipated.

Thank you, and look forward to getting behind the wheel of the new X !"

Reply I got back on the 2K. I'll keep you updated (and this forum as I believe there are a few others in the same boat)