Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for a NIO ES8 here in Norway and loving it. Got delivery in 4 weeks after ordering. A different world all together both the wait and the ownership experience. I am still holding on to my model x order and hoping for further price hike and then sell it with a huge profit. My first check in here after almost 2 weeks, from checking for updates every hour. I suddenly have a lot of free time :)

How much is the ES8? From what I have seen it looks like a great vehicle in this size segment. I like how the buckets seats fold flat also. Unfortunately I don't think you can buy them in the States and not sure what their plans are with that.

I will need to replace my wife's telluride with an equivalent size EV eventually and right now our only option is the Model X. Unfortunately, at over $100k its a tough sell right now. Plus we want buckets seats but ideally need them to fold flat for when we need the extra storage space.

I was just watching an Out of Spec video on youtube where he is driving around Norway with a model Y.... I was blown away by how far ahead of us you guys are with EV integration. It's amazing, you guys have so many chargers all over the place and in every garage, plus so many people drive EVs... it is really amazing to see..... The U.S. is still so far away from where you guys are.
That is true. Anything other than an EV doesn’t make sense here. Tesla still leads the way here both in sales ( thanks to 3s and Ys) and charging infrastructure but with NIO the “battery as a subscription “ plus all the benefits attached to it got me intrigued.

And If you see the Refresh MS Europe deliveries
discussion forum, it gets all the more depressing. They are talking 2023 for any first EU deliveries of the refresh MS even.

At this point not sure what to expect anymore from our MX order. Strange that though ~6 months of US & even Canada MS deliveries, nothing to improve the messaging or even clarify the delay to waiting EU customers.
If the deliveries sliped to 2023, i will probably cancel my Model X reservation if I find something interesting, but let's wait and see.

Reactions: c_v_h
I understand that buyers want constant update on the progess of their ordered vehicles. Reality is that if Tesla can build 1 Million cars a year shortly, that will mean about 5 Million phone calls to be answered and researched to estimate ETA. Then another couple million calling back in to see why "their" car is not being scheduled on the exact date that Tesla previously estimated.
Pretty much Tesla production has so many variables that fixing a firm delivery date is next to impossible for every individual car. Makes sense for them to just go Radio Silence until the car has actually been produced and in route to the delivery center to reach out to the buyer to schedule and arrange delivery.

Reminds me of us kids sitting in the back seat constantly asking Dad..."Are we there yet". Usually the answer comes back with an unsatisfactory "soon".

I understand that buyers want constant update on the progess of their ordered vehicles. Reality is that if Tesla can build 1 Million cars a year shortly, that will mean about 5 Million phone calls to be answered and researched to estimate ETA. Then another couple million calling back in to see why "their" car is not being scheduled on the exact date that Tesla previously estimated.
Pretty much Tesla production has so many variables that fixing a firm delivery date is next to impossible for every individual car. Makes sense for them to just go Radio Silence until the car has actually been produced and in route to the delivery center to reach out to the buyer to schedule and arrange delivery.

Reminds me of us kids sitting in the back seat constantly asking Dad..."Are we there yet". Usually the answer comes back with an unsatisfactory "soon".
Yes and no. I understand the uncertainty behind being able to properly predict when the vehicles will be made/shipped, however, there are issues that are hindering the process and nothing is being communicated to the buyers. For a lot of us, this isn't our first rodeo with Tesla. We've had MUCH better communication in the past (at least I have). It has now become nonexistent for the most part.

Looks like that lot that was empty a few days ago full again they probably got in more parts and are able to finish and start shipping them
If they had gotten the parts that lot would be empty not full. The fact that it is full means they are coming off the line but still missing the part/parts and are getting put in the holding area. 😟

Other companies that we are switching from have already figured this out.

Check out that link to see what BMW does. This is exactly what I want to be able to do with Tesla. These are all of the events that you can see when you order a BMW:

1. Order received
  2. Scheduled for production
  3. Production begins
  4. Exterior body assembly begins
  5. In the paint color booth
  6. Entering assembly line
  7. Assembly in progress at production plant
  8. Quality check
  9. Final assembly and finish production
  10. Ready for delivery transport for shipping companies
  11. Awaiting carrier assignment for shipping schedules
  12. Dispatched from factory for delivery (transit to port)
  13. At the major port for a long ride from the East Coast
  14. In transit to the West Coast to the port of destination
  15. At the dealership (without additional delays)
  16. Vehicle Delivery

If I was months late, neither my child or my wife would just be saying are we there yet 😆

Other companies that we are switching from have already figured this out.

Check out that link to see what BMW does. This is exactly what I want to be able to do with Tesla. These are all of the events that you can see when you order a BMW:

1. Order received
  2. Scheduled for production
  3. Production begins
  4. Exterior body assembly begins
  5. In the paint color booth
  6. Entering assembly line
  7. Assembly in progress at production plant
  8. Quality check
  9. Final assembly and finish production
  10. Ready for delivery transport for shipping companies
  11. Awaiting carrier assignment for shipping schedules
  12. Dispatched from factory for delivery (transit to port)
  13. At the major port for a long ride from the East Coast
  14. In transit to the West Coast to the port of destination
  15. At the dealership (without additional delays)
  16. Vehicle Delivery
I NEVER had this. It was always "It's coming, we'll call you when it's in." - for upwards of 6 months for bespoke orders.

Well, to be fair the last (and final time) I bought a BMW was 2008. A lot has evolved since then, except the middling durability which made me dump them as a manufacturer option. Of course, it truly is night and day difference in terms of the way BMW vs Tesla deals with it's customers with BMW far ahead.

BMW treats customers like they are spending a lot of money on a high end luxury item.... Tesla treats customers like they are buying a used Ford Pinto.