Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really a bad customer service decision by Tesla. Somebody wants to upgrade to a more expensive spec that brings you more profit and you won’t let them. Costs the company money and creates bad blood with the customer. Lose/Lose. Even if it wasn't more expensive it would all come out in the wash for Tesla. There are so few options with Tesla, they only build a few configurations anyway and just match those to orders that come in, then make adjustments as demand for certain models/options ebb and flow. As long as you ordered before the price increase, they should let you change to whatever you want before your car is built and loaded on a truck for your destination. They really need to get their s**t together as the competition is coming.
Ordered in 2020. I emailed my SA to ask about changing black > white interior yesterday, and was told I would incur the $5k increase for any changes.

Really a bad customer service decision by Tesla. Somebody wants to upgrade to a more expensive spec that brings you more profit and you won’t let them. Costs the company money and creates bad blood with the customer. Lose/Lose. Even if it wasn't more expensive it would all come out in the wash for Tesla. There are so few options with Tesla, they only build a few configurations anyway and just match those to orders that come in, then make adjustments as demand for certain models/options ebb and flow. As long as you ordered before the price increase, they should let you change to whatever you want before your car is built and loaded on a truck for your destination. They really need to get their s**t together as the competition is coming.
It's not like they've built any production refresh Xs to date. I could understand it IF 1) there were far more options available, 2) the car was either in the process of being built or had rolled off the assembly - neither occurred in this case.

This is strictly a low cash grab. I agree Tesla has to get their act together now before the competition heats up.

Reactions: lauraut
This is strictly a low cash grab. I agree Tesla has to get their act together now before the competition heats up.
Really? What competition is that?

In particular, which competition has a six+ seat vehicle with high performance, OTA updates, good real-world charging time, and something equivalent to the supercharger network? That’s not hardly the only good features of an X, so it should be a pretty low bar for all that competition to clear, right?

(Not to say I'm loving the price hike; I just don’t buy this reason to object.)

This could be bad
If current cars don’t have ears they are not FSD compatible. Wish there was a PR dept to clarify.

Attachments

• D0A58CC2-0E47-4302-A3B8-EF7AB1FC2BAF.jpeg
    D0A58CC2-0E47-4302-A3B8-EF7AB1FC2BAF.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker

In particular, which competition has a six+ seat vehicle with high performance, OTA updates, good real-world charging time, and something equivalent to the supercharger network? That’s not hardly the only good features of an X, so it should be a pretty low bar for all that competition to clear, right?

Cadillac Lyriq looks very nice. 300+ mile range, Orders start in Sept. @TrevTremaine wrote before competition heats up and that time is now. I used to work for Motorola when they had over 80% market share. We used to say what competition and then a paper company Nokia killed us. It happens fast.

Oh, and F150 Lightning will be shipping before Cybertruck. As a Tesla shareholder I am getting nervous. Still have burn marks from my past when the blinders were on.

Reactions: Wooly1
Noise canceling models maybe, but is any mic going to hear a siren in time over the stereo turned up to 11?
Before dropping $10,000 on FSD I want to know for sure.
As someone who bought FSD in 2019, I wouldn't recommend buying FSD anyways. I feel cheated even though I paid half as much. Now I am trying to move on to a new Model X and just about all I got was a bad smart summon party trick that I never use because it's *sugar*.

Cadillac Lyriq looks very nice. 300+ mile range, Orders start in Sept. @TrevTremaine wrote before competition heats up and that time is now. I used to work for Motorola when they had over 80% market share. We used to say what competition and then a paper company Nokia killed us. It happens fast.

Oh, and F150 Lightning will be shipping before Cybertruck. As a Tesla shareholder I am getting nervous. Still have burn marks from my past when the blinders were on.
Watch the number though. Tesla will make 10x as many as competitors. A little competition keeps the monopoly police at bay.

If it was delivered in June, that would have been great. But now I’m going to hold off on accepting delivery until… A) I know that there’s a steering wheel option. I’ve been noticing how I drive, and I can’t deal with a yoke. B) The inevitable first-run Tesla bugs are wrung out. C) I get to see the Rivian. I reserved one in April, and I just received a printed portrait of the one I configured. As leases have expired and new Model X’s are delayed, Tesla should be bending over backwards to accommodate their loyal early adopter customers who spent six figures on one of their first vehicles. The nerve of them charging an extra $5k. Tesla is incredibly disorganized and doesn’t seem to give a damn.

If it was delivered in June, that would have been great. But now I’m going to hold off on accepting delivery until… A) I know that there’s a steering wheel option. I’ve been noticing how I drive, and I can’t deal with a yoke. B) The inevitable first-run Tesla bugs are wrung out. C) I get to see the Rivian. I reserved one in April, and I just received a printed portrait of the one I configured. As leases have expired and new Model X’s are delayed, Tesla should be bending over backwards to accommodate their loyal early adopter customers who spent six figures on one of their first vehicles. The nerve of them charging an extra $5k. Tesla is incredibly disorganized and doesn’t seem to give a damn.
I think it’s been pretty clear for a long time that Tesla / Elon doesn’t care much about S/X owners. The goal was always 3/Y, and that seems to be all they care about now. The fact that they have yet to delivery a single X, and after pushing it back several months, still have yet to announce when they might start, is pretty awful. Sadly, I don’t think they have much competition now, nor will they any time soon. Probably explains why I’m pretty pissed with many decisions that Tesla has made, and continues to make, but still have my X on order and can’t wait for delivery! And I’m well aware that others like me are why they keep getting away with their BS. As long as other car companies keep their heads firmly planted up their asses, this will likely continue. Tesla has already given them the formula, and it would be laughably easy to provide better customer service than Tesla, but no one wants to do it for some reason.

Right now? None. The point is, however, competition doesn't necessarily need all of that if they: 1) are more consistent with deliveries, 2) have better customer service/relationships, 3) deliver something that is perceived to be an equal to consumers.

Tesla has been lowering the bar through inconsistencies and generally treating customers and potential customers like *sugar*. There are those who have been waiting rather patiently since last year for deliveries only to see some people new orders get delivered right away simply because of configuration, being doused with higher prices for simple configuration changes, along with delivery timelines that have been thrown out time and time again. Now, I do understand that there are supply issues because of COVID and that the production issues had to be worked through but again communication has been terrible and inept.

Reactions: Stro and golferguy
Right now? None. The point is, however, competition doesn't necessarily need all of that if they: 1) are more consistent with deliveries, 2) have better customer service/relationships, 3) deliver something that is perceived to be an equal to consumers.

Tesla has been lowering the bar through inconsistencies and generally treating customers and potential customers like *sugar*. There are those who have been waiting rather patiently since last year for deliveries only to see some people new orders get delivered right away simply because of configuration, being doused with higher prices for simple configuration changes, along with delivery timelines that have been thrown out time and time again. Now, I do understand that there are supply issues because of COVID and that the production issues had to be worked through but again communication has been terrible and inept.
Agree...Tesla has about 18-24 months before competitors are running full throttle. Hopefully in that time they get the message to improve customer service. It's no fun getting cars back from service dirtier than when you dropped it off and having to clean loaners when Tesla first gives them you.

Agree...Tesla has about 18-24 months before competitors are running full throttle. Hopefully in that time they get the message to improve customer service. It's no fun getting cars back from service dirtier than when you dropped it off and having to clean loaners when Tesla first gives them you.
It’s interesting that so many people on any Car Forum complain about Service, the Vehicles themselves etc etc. Justified in many cases. If you read the RIVIAN Forum people have numerous complaints about the Company, late deliveries and other misc items and they have not even delivered one Vehicle. However, Consumer reports gives Tesla the highest rating in Customer satisfaction. I had a RIVIAN and BMW iX reserved but ended up with the MX. Why because of the new Design, Range and ease of Charging. I think that if the majority of Consumers received terrible customer service from Tesla you would not see them selling record numbers of Vehicles. Are they perfect no. Are they any different than AudI or Mercedes not really. Meanwhile I just hope they start production on the MX in the next few months.

Reactions: focher
It's not like they've built any production refresh Xs to date. I could understand it IF 1) there were far more options available, 2) the car was either in the process of being built or had rolled off the assembly - neither occurred in this case.

I don't believe that Tesla is worried about THE COMPETITION. Because what they need to expand is an expanded customer pool. For that, they need Ford to introduce their large customer base to EVs, this is something that Tesla couldn't do by itself easily. Remember, not everyone is like us... We're currently at the innovation equivalent in time as the iPhone 3G. Revolutionary, but not mass market. It would take Motorola's DROID and Blackberry's whatever to get more folks on the touchscreen only interface.
The competition is going to make some money and sell a bunch of cars, but don't forget that Tesla open sourced it's patents 7 years ago. Tesla is positioning itself to provide a better product for people who want a better EV...but first,they need to want an EV.