Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You've essentially hit the nail on the head - "IF you don't need the extra cargo space...". More often than not I need the flexibility of the cargo space but also want to be able to carry more than 5 people. The 6 seater's middle row doesn't fold and the 7's bench doesn't have an option for longer objects such as skis.

2 design changes would make a world of difference:
  • for the 6 seater - make the middle row captain's chairs foldable.
  • for the 7 seater - give the middle row a fold down center (a la model S rear seat) as both a pass-through and giving it a middle row console.
That would make it a harder choice for myself but better overall functionality, especially when it comes to versatility of cargo space. I have to say that's where the likes of the Dodge Caravan wins hands down in versatility.
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I don’t remember how the middle row works (it’s been so damn long since I sold it - January!). I seem to recall those seats folding forward partially, but not flat. That said, I could be misremembering. Maybe it’s the third row folding down that I’m thinking of.

Anyone else concerned about what the national hold on all Model S’s might mean for our timeline? Hopefully the issues with the MS will help smooth the rollout of the MX but it’s looking less and less likely that we will see a MX in August at this point

As I stated earlier, I'm in no rush to take delivery and I want them to fully test the new shared stuff, perfect the clearly buggy software, and evaluate failure modes and hopefully have revised parts in place by the time I consider delivery.

The national hold likely has to do with the battery pack and, reportedly, the charging port but Tesla isn't saying which is maybe worse for delayed customers.

Reactions: Smoot
My MB GLS is notoriously complicated with thousands of turbo gas engine, and electric motor assisted tranny parts endlessly rubbing against each other and needing pricey maintenance and carbon fuel all too frequently.
Yeah I've thought that but then again, Tesla is constantly iterating on their cars. You gonna have to commit sometime. My old MX the door seals on FWD are ragged and crumbly. Somehow the bushings gave out and I got this terrible stability, traction control, emergency braking disabled warning which also disabled Autopilot. It took going to the service center 3 times and the last time they kept the car for 5 days to get everything fixed. So, whatever the issues, I'm ready.

Is there any more info on this? Can’t find much on Google.

Why I really want to know is… am I going to be stuck here refreshing this thread every day from now until January? Not that I don’t love y’all, but…. :)

I recall a number of weeks stuck in the Model 3 thread with @dmurphy … but only for a number of weeks. Ah, the good ol’ days.

Hey brother!! Similar arc. Started with the 3, added an X last year. Given the delay; I’m happy we didn’t wait for a refresh.
Do you belong to the Del Valley owners’ club? If so - stop by one of our events and say hi!!

Maybe on Monday 26th, during the earning call, Elon will give a greenlight or more update? Once can only hope.
I am among those waiting the longest for this since Nov 2020 so if anything, I hope to be among the first to get one in Aug.

My SA send an update yesterday that my Aug date seems to hold.

Reactions: kp2021
Maybe on Monday 26th, during the earning call, Elon will give a greenlight or more update? Once can only hope.
I am among those waiting the longest for this since Nov 2020 so if anything, I hope to be among the first to get one in Aug.

My SA send an update yesterday that my Aug date seems to hold.
Thats good that your August hasnt changed. Hopefully it stays. Please update if there is any news ;)

Why not give 5 seaters a fold down center for two passengers in the back seat? It would give them an arm rest and a place to put stuff. I'm not happy that MS gets the back seat fold down center and the MX doesn't.
I'm in complete agreement. Since the 5 and 7 seaters use the same bench, surely they could make it work. I understand that the width of the 3rd back most row makes it impossible to put a middle fold down, but that middle row could easily be changed.

Reactions: honeyfist301