Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you heard anything from your SA in FLL? I heard nothing from my SA since February.
Not really. I inquired about seeing a Model S in person just to see the interior and was told that they aren't kept in the lot. They're brought over from a holding when the delivery is scheduled. This was a few weeks ago when the bruhaha about the delivery hold on the Ss was occurring. My order still says September but I don't believe it. I'm in a lease and I know I can extend up to 6 months but if they continue to push I may have to just get a Y for now and lease it and when that lease is up switch over to an X.

FWIW, I have a powerwall system that I placed an order on with Tesla back In October of last year. At the time I was told it should take 2-3 months to get it setup. I even got a contract and other paperwork that i signed on it back in January. After I signed the contract I was told i would have someone reach out to discuss installation in a couple weeks. Since then, absolutely NOTHING. I have called and spoken to my SA who, like all other SAs with Tesla, had no clue when it would be delivered. My SA has also now switched several times during the last few months. I stopped calling about 3 months ago because i was tired of the same empty response.

I ended up ordering my MX the day after they announced the refresh back in January. I actually had high hopes that they would make the original April delivery date because it was just a simple refresh. I should have known from my experience with the powerwall that this was never going to happen. I own a Model 3 that I love, but I honestly would quickly and easily drop my MX and powerwall orders with Tesla if there was something even remotely comparable on the market. Ive always loved Tesla since i got my M3 and have always recommended them to friends and family, but my loyalty and love for the brand is severely tarnished. Now when people ask me if i would recommend a tesla to them, I tell them only if they enjoy long, painful delays and can deal with absolutely no customer service.

Reactions: lauraut and jbrowdy
I’m starting to wonder which will come first. Model X deliveries, the FSD button or starship orbital launch? I would put my money on Starship going orbital first. 😊

I ordered in February when the website said May - June. My account then updated March, then back to May - June, and it has been October for the last three months. I’ve been holding out seeing if I could avoid buying a new set of tires for my Model 3 with 35,000 miles, but I think I’m gonna have to bite the bullet this month. My Model 3 wait was only six months in 2018, that clearly set unrealistic expectations. My dad ordered a Model S long range in June, he got the delay email yesterday and now has October - November on his account. Previously was just October. I’ve been trying to set low expectations for him getting it this year. Hopefully we all are proven wrong.

FWIW, I have been getting monthly calls from Tesla checking in and asking if they can answer any questions or do anything to help. I always tell them “the one question I have is the one you can’t answer, but thanks for checking in.”

Reactions: studioloft
The above messages are unfortunate for Tesla. It is is true that there is nothing comparable yet on the market, but that is changing. The biggest Tesla difference has been the supercharger network and that is still the case (perhaps that change is coming). There are at least a few multiples of a million dollars worth of orders just in this thread, and the lack of service of any kind is baffling. If we are willing to spend our 100K+ on this car, actionable information should not be so challenging. If there were an alternative for me today, I'd take it. Whenever one becomes available, I owe it to myself to try it. A company that is aiming to become the most valuable in the world, with a CEO who is already wealthier than others just has to do better.

Reactions: CDT and JTWIRE
The above messages are unfortunate for Tesla. It is is true that there is nothing comparable yet on the market, but that is changing. The biggest Tesla difference has been the supercharger network and that is still the case (perhaps that change is coming). There are at least a few multiples of a million dollars worth of orders just in this thread, and the lack of service of any kind is baffling. If we are willing to spend our 100K+ on this car, actionable information should not be so challenging. If there were an alternative for me today, I'd take it. Whenever one becomes available, I owe it to myself to try it. A company that is aiming to become the most valuable in the world, with a CEO who is already wealthier than others just has to do better.
Agree with all of your sentiments. I have been with Tesla since the beginning and although I have an order on a model X, which is what I prefer, I also have an order on a Rivian. They are also plagued by supply chain issues and delays, but they at least make halfhearted attempts to communicate. You should take a look…

Reactions: CDT
I placed my Model X order figuring that I wouldn’t have it until first quarter of next year. The chip shortage issues are obviously very severe. Tesla has needed to work on their customer service for years. At the same time it would take a lot for me to switch to another car maker at this point as part of the reason I bought a Model 3 and now preordering a new Model X is to avoid giving a single dollar to the other car manufacturers who did everything they could to make electric cars fail for as long as they could. That being said the longer the poor communication and customer service goes on it will eventually catch up to Tesla.

Reactions: TallBill and Elixir
Agree with all of your sentiments. I have been with Tesla since the beginning and although I have an order on a model X, which is what I prefer, I also have an order on a Rivian. They are also plagued by supply chain issues and delays, but they at least make halfhearted attempts to communicate. You should take a look…
I am in the exact same boat. Mechanically my 3 is great but the fit finish is sub par and is a rattle trap after 35k. My wife order an X in January after totaling her S going 5 mph in our driveway. She is sick of waiting and we drove two EV’s from other manufacturers today. Tesla is going to have big problems if they keep this up when more options are available.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
My wife order an X in January after totaling her S going 5 mph in our driveway.
How'd that happen?
I think we need to start becoming more vocal about all the non communication. Did you guys see that letter a bunch of S orderers sent over to Tesla? Maybe us X orderers should do the same? It's time to start pressing for real answers. This *sugar* is going on for too long now!
I agree; there's too much weird stuff going on and too much speculation. As a first-time Tesla buyer, this is quite stressful.

I think we need to start becoming more vocal about all the non communication. Did you guys see that letter a bunch of S orderers sent over to Tesla? Maybe us X orderers should do the same? It's time to start pressing for real answers. This *sugar* is going on for too long now!
If that brings solace, you should do it. If you believe that will accelerate anything, you are going to be seriously disappointed. No one is going to get their X faster because they know the date.

If you need a vehicle and must plan for that need, you should absolutely make alternative arrangements. For those that have been through this process before, anything more than waiting is just tilting at windmills. Tesla already has all the incentive possible to deliver the cars as soon as possible. A letter to them won't provide more incentive, nor will an email from Tesla about status be at all believable.

I would sign this. I don’t expect it to expedite any deliveries, why would it? BUT, with any luck, Tesla will go from zero communication, to something, anything.

I placed my order online and got a text follow-up from a CA number. No idea what the person’s job title is. When we texted again today she said:

The new Model X's will start being delivered in September. When you ordered, I believe the website said January-February. Model S production has really ramped up recently which is a good sign for the upcoming Model X production.​
I can’t say whether this person has any special insight, but it’s better than nothing. :)

I placed my order online and got a text follow-up from a CA number. No idea what the person’s job title is. When we texted again today she said:

The new Model X's will start being delivered in September. When you ordered, I believe the website said January-February. Model S production has really ramped up recently which is a good sign for the upcoming Model X production.​
I can’t say whether this person has any special insight, but it’s better than nothing. :)
I do not and will not trust anything they say until I see real deliveries happening. Otherwise, until then I will look elsewhere but know I will have to wait because there is nothing that compares.

Reactions: MxTaycan and focher
I do think that we're just being affected by so many parts shortages. Tesla has been clear that they are being affected like other manufacturers, maybe downplaying the impact a bit.

Reactions: Elixir
Her next message said they started assigning VINs for Model S with 19” wheels 2 days ago… which of course is not directly X related, but hopefully means they’re working through some of the supply chain issues. (I think all the deliveries so far have had the larger wheels, so it seems 19” supply was maybe a problem.)

Again, nothing solid, but hints that things are moving in the right direction… so long as your reservation doesn’t say ‘August’.

Last edited:
Her next message said they started assigning VINs for Model S with 19” wheels 2 days ago… which of course is not directly X related, but hopefully means they’re working through some of the supply chain issues. (I think all the deliveries so far have had the larger wheels, so it seems 19” supply was maybe a problem.)

Again, nothing solid, but hints that things are moving in the right direction… so long as your reservation doesn’t say ‘August’.
My reservation says August, what does that mean?