Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And then in January Elon tweets “we decided the Model S is all anyone needs”.

That, at least, won’t happen. Model S isn’t a realistic 7-seater and X was outselling S before the refresh… in a world with performance cars turning into SUVs because that’s what people buy — the Mustang Mach E and Lamborghini Urus and the like — Tesla would be crazy to pick only the sedan out of the two. Even with its nutty 0-60 time.

Reactions: niogyn and jkhanesq
As much as I love reading this forum, I feel like it's mostly either:
1) There was a sighting of a Model X refresh in Florida, but not sure if it's a test vehicle or a delivery
2) My Plaid still has an October date so it must be the LR that's getting delayed
3) The 22" wheels is the cause for the delay
4) The white interior is on backorder so if you ordered that you'll get yours after the rest of us
5) Someone tweeted a text from a bot that said I'm ready for delivery

Ultimately, like the SA's, none of us have ANY idea when our Xs will be delivered, I believe there is no rhyme or reason. I will not believe or trust anything until I see someone credible post an image with a VIN. The rest is PURE speculation and not for anybody to hang their hats on.

As much as I love reading this forum, I feel like it's mostly either:
1) There was a sighting of a Model X refresh in Florida, but not sure if it's a test vehicle or a delivery
2) My Plaid still has an October date so it must be the LR that's getting delayed
3) The 22" wheels is the cause for the delay
4) The white interior is on backorder so if you ordered that you'll get yours after the rest of us
5) Someone tweeted a text from a bot that said I'm ready for delivery

Ultimately, like the SA's, none of us have ANY idea when our Xs will be delivered, I believe there is no rhyme or reason. I will not believe or trust anything until I see someone credible post an image with a VIN. The rest is PURE speculation and not for anybody to hang their hats on.
Yup. And on this August day of 2021, zero is the only relevant number. But, the opacity behind that zero is the unfortunate item.

Reactions: CDT
IA day is today, any chance that musk will say any thing about the X?
I’d say it’s a very very close to zero chance after having followed Tesla from almost the beginning.

I personally think MX production could start ‘soon’ but that might mean December the way things are going. Elon clearly said during the last earnings call that Tesla could have ~17 models but it wouldn’t matter because of the chip shortage. Producing another model right now probably just doesn’t make sense with various parts shortages. Especially with the complexity of MX.

Reactions: jboy210
The latest flyover of Fremont is...discouraging. No clear sign of any Model X production - just the same mules. The only notable thing seen is that there is an X with a trailer that they're pulling out stuff from - possibly for AI day? I think I counted 12 Model X mules in the testing area. At least there's signs of Model S' heading to the logistics yard for shipping. TONS of castings in a couple of lots toward the end of the video. Video should be out later today.

Last edited:
The latest flyover of Fremont is...discouraging. No clear sign of any Model X production - just the same mules. The only notable thing seen is that there is an X with a trailer that they're pulling out stuff from - possibly for AI day? I think I counted 12 Model X mules in the testing area. At least there's signs of Model S' heading to the logistics yard for shipping. TONS of castings in a couple of lots toward the end of the video. Video should be out later today.
Is it Gabe? I went to his YouTube account, but the latest showing is August 4th 🤷

My wife ordered an X with the
seven seat configuration and her EDD is still September as of this morning.
My EDD is still sitting at November.

They just started construction on the new Service Center 5 mins from me a few weeks ago. That should be done by October. Hoping they change my delivery location and I get my X at the grand opening. That would be great but it might just be a dream 😴...

Reactions: CDT
Is it Gabe? I went to his YouTube account, but the latest showing is August 4th 🤷
Yes it is Gabe's, and yes I'm on Patreon. Those who are contributors get about a day's advance on the videos (as Honeyfist alludes to). There's someone else that also puts out an occasional video but the quality is poor and they don't edit it.

I think it's wishful thinking for any mention on the X at today's presentation, but as someone else on this forum says - it's a non-zero chance. No idea what Musk might say today.