Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excited to see the movement! I just ordered my Plaid Blue 6 seat 20" a month ago. Will be interesting to see when I get my car. If they are truly running all the Plaids before LRs.....

But for those of you that ordered 5 or 7 seat configs, we go through this every time a new model comes out. Only change if you really want a 6 seat. Getting your car early only matters for a few months and then you have to live with it for years. Get the config that you want. If you start to feel bad about the delay, go read the MS Refresh issues thread and then you will be happy to get a 2022 car :)

Ok so this may make my decision.. hopefully someone has an answer?!?! In my mind the 5 seat configuration will be faster due to a lower vehicle weight vs 6 or 7 seats.. am I crazy or does this make sense? Cuz I’m definitely not paying 6,500 for a seat configuration I didn’t want that will also make me car slightly slower than a 5 seater
Not such that you would ever notice . . .

Reactions: bhzmark
Nope, kept LR, confirmed only 3k price increase. Kept 2k discount for pre-refresh order. He said delivery “by end of year”, however I asked about rumors of production ramping up this week. He said it’s very possible it will be earlier, but they are only promising by end of year.
Well then mine should be in your batch lol. I got the same exact configuration except FSD cause imma subscribe this time around instead of buying it outright

Just quoting myself here for the record.
I'm very excited nonetheless. I have a LR 6 seater MSM/White since Nov and hope to get it around year end. That would make it a very Xmas gift for myself.
We have the exact same build and ordered at the same time, so I hope you get it!

I have that config (LR, 6 seats, MSM outside, white inside) on order as well, but I ordered in July so I'll be waiting awhile. Good luck!

Might have had my first sighting of a refresh Model X in the wild yesterday, but alas this vehicle was on the shoulder of I-680 between Dublin and Fremont with its hazards on. Blue, manufacturer plates, no chrome. Kinda hard to tell anything else driving by at 60+ mph, and repeated viewing of the dashcam footage didn't help a lot. So...???...

Bruce.

Last edited:
6 seater = no center arm rest, wireless charging and can’t fold flat, compared to 5 or 7 seater… anything else different?

(6 seater has nicer seats and easier 3rd row access…. And earlier delivery).
i don't think 5 or 7 has armrest either unless something changed. The new S has armrest with wireless chargers but I don't think anyone has any details on the X 5 seater having it.

Reactions: Elixir
I mean..i wish it had an armrest...even the Y has an armrest with cupholders and the center can come down separately for skis/snowboards. My past Xs didn't have the ability to just fold down the middle one like the Y. I hope with the update they at least made this part on par with the Y

Reactions: Elixir
My theory is that the only people getting calls are the people who didn’t order a 6 seater. If you DID order a 6 seater then they would have no reason to call you 🤷🏾‍♂️ As it seems they’re starting production with the 6 seat configuration first. Chime in and let me know what yall think 💭
Let's hope so! I have been waiting as patiently as I can for a year.

Reactions: kingjones94