Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit of news from a SA in the Netherlands; he expects shipments to the EU around halfway in 2022. He also told me there are no model S refresh in the EU as of yet, and no news for when they're coming.

Any chance Tesla is aiming to have the X produced in Germany as well?

A bit of news from a SA in the Netherlands; he expects shipments to the EU around halfway in 2022. He also told me there are no model S refresh in the EU as of yet, and no news for when they're coming.

Any chance Tesla is aiming to have the X produced in Germany as well?
Mid 2022 is really late- I really am hoping this is only an ‘SA assumption’ because my SA was positive deliveries will be as early as Q1 2022 because of the pending MS Europe orders and also mentioned they had a similar experience with MY which came ahead of schedule…🤞

Am I screwed on th first $10k upgrade? I ordered Jan 10 2021,when the base was $79,999. The first cost increase was with the refresh announcement of $10,000. At the time, there was talk of existing orders only paying a $8000 increase. Just checked my paper work and my base it the full 10k more, at $89,999. With no indications of $2k off anywhere on the order. Oh and my EDD is now blank and I missed the call to go from 5 to 6 seat with no call backs even though I responded to voice mail he left.

Reactions: Fulkth
With 5 cars delivered, all white, 6 seats I suspect this was the first customer production run shakedown. At some point, manufacturers go from pre-production to what some call a Customer Pilot run. You run real orders, real production, and monitor everything up and including delivery. Everything including printing final docs, and in Tesla's case, app activations, etc. Money exchanges too. That can't be done without a customer pilot run.

As one of the five customers taking delivery stated that the Program Manager was there, reinforces it was that first real customer end to end run.
So, they go back, review any hiccups, what can be improved and tweek a bit and start the ramp.

There may or may not be brief delay before next runs and VINs but Q4 should be good for older order holders.

Am I screwed on th first $10k upgrade? I ordered Jan 10 2021,when the base was $79,999. The first cost increase was with the refresh announcement of $10,000. At the time, there was talk of existing orders only paying a $8000 increase. Just checked my paper work and my base it the full 10k more, at $89,999. With no indications of $2k off anywhere on the order. Oh and my EDD is now blank and I missed the call to go from 5 to 6 seat with no call backs even though I responded to voice mail he left.

When I gave approval for the order conversion, I was also given an email confirming the $2K will be deducted at delivery. It was clear the RN's will not show the discount.

Cut and paste text from the email

"Thanks for taking my call just now. I went ahead and converted your order to the new updated version Model X.
As mentioned, the $2000 will not reflect right away with your order agreement. Once the VIN is assigned, you will receive a form called the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. On the MVPA, it will show the $2000 price adjustment.

Have a great day!"

I’m in the same boat. Ordered 1/10 and still don’t see the promised $2k discount. My SA tells me they deduct it when we take delivery.

i am in a similar situation, but worse - ordered on Jan 10 as well. Sometime around April/May timeframe got a call and sms about the conversion. I was not able to answer the call right away, but called back and left a voicemail and also replied to the SMS that I am ok with converting my pre refresh order. Nothing happened for month and I eventually walked into the SC and spoke with one of the advisors, he said he entered the request to convert and it should happen overnight and will then be reflected in my account. Nothing happened for about a month or so. I eventually got an email that the order was converted, but the price now shows the current 99k! Tried to chat online, the person ion the chat said they cannot make ay adjustments and need to inform my SA (which I have no idea who it is) and they will look into it and give me a call. Two weeks now and no call. Should I assume my price will be adjusted eventually? Is there a phone number to call to talk to someone who would actually know what is going on and be able to make it right?

I'm curious if anyone has been blank since order? I was waiting on my X since November 2020, and the day after the refresh announcement I called Tesla and the updated my order to the refresh. Since then it has been blank, and still remains blank. I'm just curious as it seems everyone here has had fluctuating dates appear.
I ordered a few days before the refresh announcement and it was blank until around July where it said “September” then mid sept it went blank and has been blank ever since.

No you are not screwed, but you may have to fight for the two grand a bit. Tesla is not not just taking all the orders placed Before the refresh announcement and giving them the $2,000 off automatically as they should. I went down to my service center just after they had announced the $2,000 (really an $8,000 increase) discount for pre-refresh orders. They told me it would be on my account by the end of February. In June after hearing nightmare stories of Model S owners not getting their $2,000 off at delivery and them having to fight for it afterwards, I again went down to the service center and had them pull up my order. They said there was nothing on my order/account indicating I would be getting the discount. They could see by my order date that I had ordered pre-refresh yet nothing had been done. They said they would issue a request but that it had to be approved up the chain and that it would take a couple of days. I checked back 5 days later. No approval and they didn't even have a record of the request. 7 days, no approval. I kept checking (because of course they never call you back) and after 3 weeks it was finally approved and according to the SA now indicated on my account that my X would receive the discount once a VIN was issued and the MVPA created. So in summary, if you want the discount, I would get to work right away.

For anyone looking for another data point, My SA: "I have not heard anything about Plaid needing a regulatory approval. I did read that there were a few Model X deliveries that happened though which is exciting!"

Clueless, but hopefully he's right in that no Plaid issues.
Doesn't this just sum up our experience for the past 8 months on this thread? 😂

"My SA is clueless... But I hope that he's right about the information that he clearly doesn't have" 😂

This forum has shown me that hope in the human spirit is not dead. Keep hope alive!

As a previous 3.5 year owner of a 2017 Model X, it seems crazy to me that Tesla still is struggling with aligning the front and rear doors. It is also surprising they used a misaligned car in their delivery video. Maybe they are trying to normalize the issue?

For anyone looking for another data point, My SA: "I have not heard anything about Plaid needing a regulatory approval. I did read that there were a few Model X deliveries that happened though which is exciting!"

Clueless, but hopefully he's right in that no Plaid issues.
I wouldn’t take the word of a SA over a program manager who was at the delivery event. Just wouldn’t get too optimistic yet.

As a previous 3.5 year owner of a 2017 Model X, it seems crazy to me that Tesla still is struggling with aligning the front and rear doors. It is also surprising they used a misaligned car in their delivery video. Maybe they are trying to normalize the issue?

With my 2016 MX, the doors align SOMETIMES... so I always thought that it was an issue with the precision of the FWD and front door actuators. But also,that might just me me making excuses to see past a glaring flaw... 😂

I just received the ‘6 seat’ upgrade call from Fremont. My order is a 7 seater placed the end of January. I declined the offer because I want all the seats folding plus the car is pricey enough as it is imo.

When I asked about how long I’d be waiting for the 7 seater, he said ‘your guess is as good as mine, maybe January-February’. Obviously sustained demand for the 6 seat will determine this. Them making these calls is an obvious indicator of finite 6 seat demand so I’m personally optimistic about 7 seat production early next year (presumably before 5 seat production due to profit margins and because 7 seat has to be the most popular option).

I just spoke to a rep after calling the number (888-518-3752) and pressing 1, then 2 and using the Fremont zip code (94538). The rep said that he had nothing new to share. That he was aware they had started deliveries on Saturday, but my account was now showing January EDD in their internal system and he wasn't sure why the web version showed different (shows February for me). But he felt confident that I'd get my car around that timeframe.

I think Tesla is using this as an opportunity to upsell. I think people thinking they'll be getting their vehicle this year and 'upgrading to six seats' will push everyone else further out. I highly doubt every single 6 seater they've upsold will be delivered this year. I ordered in January and now doubt I'll get my MX this year and a six seater was my original order. But as a shareholder, this should increase profits for the end of the year, which is great. Just sucks I won't have my car...