Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine change to that a week or so ago. I don't think it means anything. Until you get a VIN assigned you have nothing.

This is our third Tesla, and they build cars when they have the parts and ship them out. Reservation numbers/places don't matter much. If they are building the config you ordered you can get it months ahead of someone that ordered months before you.
Agreed, this will be my 2nd Tesla. It's interesting me how the profile changes on orders are like the software version numbers...a trickle out.

Do you work for weathertech - and you’re trying to get the floor mats up on your website?
Hahaha. My kid has been bugging me to get a car he can stand up in without having to tilt his head. Might only be a couple years at the most until he cant do that anymore though.
Of course, that‘s not the only reason for wanting an X.

Does anyone have an X they can take the inside floor to ceiling height of? I tried searching online but can’t find that info.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Mine also has the new wording , but it is still January EDD.
I think new wording is just a way Tesla is preparing us to give VIN numbers not following a chronological order, but they will be assigned based on whatever they will produce. They for sure will go for large batches of whatever seat/paint/ seat color configuration they have available..... I think this is a good sign that we will see more VINs coming... we will see who are the lucky winners.

@Fulkth - Thanks for all your confirmations on the new refreshed X! You are entertaining all the people here these days! A real hero 🦸‍♂️! BTW, could you confirm that in the raining day if the water leaking from the FWD when it’s open? Many thanks to you!
Hah that may be hard. I live in the dry, sandy land of abundant sunshine.. and what is this sky water you speak of?

Hi Fulkth,

Congratulations and I can tell you’re enjoying your car. You have been beyond helpful to many so I have a favor to ask. Do you mind measuring the distance from the floor to the ceiling when in the middle of the 2nd row and also the distance from the floor to the ceiling when just in front of either of the captains chairs? I’m guessing they have different measurements due to the FWD and the glass. Thanks!
This is a little odd as it isn't the same anywhere other than the symmetrical point on the opposite side. pretty much everywhere in the middle and in front of the captains chairs is slightly over 45 inches, although a few parts are a little more (almost 46) depending on the falcon wing door spot when in front of the captains chairs. It gets down to 43 inches right above the third row seat at the end of the footwell area.

And you missing the small board thet covers up that little cubby hole in the trunk. Seen it comes with the X in someones elses video
1636742473348.png

found it, thanks! Another warranty item to put in the app.

This is a little odd as it isn't the same anywhere other than the symmetrical point on the opposite side. pretty much everywhere in the middle and in front of the captains chairs is slightly over 45 inches, although a few parts are a little more (almost 46) depending on the falcon wing door spot when in front of the captains chairs. It gets down to 43 inches right above the third row seat at the end of the footwell area.
Awesome. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Fulkth
Did anyone of you guys already got the charger installed at home? Since there is no correct estimation on the delivery, is it worth doing it now or wait until the VIN is assigned? Mine is still showing January.
I live near you and I suggest you get the charger and get an electrician to install it ASAP. The availability of the wall charger (actually an AC connector) may vary widely, and these days Electricians are tied up for months. Then there are city permit issues assuming you need to or want to permit the install, which I recommend.

Reactions: Fulkth
Mine also has the new wording , but it is still January EDD.
I think new wording is just a way Tesla is preparing us to give VIN numbers not following a chronological order, but they will be assigned based on whatever they will produce. They for sure will go for large batches of whatever seat/paint/ seat color configuration they have available..... I think this is a good sign that we will see more VINs coming... we will see who are the lucky winners.

We ALL hope you are right! And I'm definitely going to buy lottery that day!