Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply. I’m neurotic about these things and am always worried some object will not be detected (like the rail attachment in the photo). Good to know about the manual intervention and the 1/2 height option.

Thanks a lot! My car saw this post and now refuses to charge until I register its VIN with Tesla.

All kidding aside, that SA should be canned.
Due to the Better Employment Act, he is no longer an SA... he is now head of parts procurement!

I have a 5 seater Plaid on order with EDD of April. If I switch to 6 via editing my configuration, will I get it faster, or is it only if they "invite" you to do so?
You will pay current base pricing. For many of us, base pricing has increased $15,000 since original order. If Tesla contacts you for the update, they will NOT charge you updated base pricing. But, if you Do take the switch to 6 seats, while you're on the phone with them, you can make any other changes to your config without updating base pricing. I changed 7 to 6, White paint to black, AND Cream interior to White.

However, I don't think that any Plaid orders (5 or 7) got 'The Call' to date.

Reactions: ductordoc
You will pay current base pricing. For many of us, base pricing has increased $15,000 since original order. If Tesla contacts you for the update, they will NOT charge you updated base pricing. But, if you Do take the switch to 6 seats, while you're on the phone with them, you can make any other changes to your config without updating base pricing. I changed 7 to 6, White paint to black, AND Cream interior to White.

But plaid pricing has never changed. It’s not so much an issue of whether there would be a new base price as whether you’d “go to the back of the line.” I’m not sure it’s been confirmed that that’s a thing, but it does warn on the reservation page that changes may alter your delivery date… might be safest to contact a SA and get their assurance it wouldn’t change your ‘place in line‘ and have them put the change through.

But plaid pricing has never changed. It’s not so much an issue of whether there would be a new base price as whether you’d “go to the back of the line.” I’m not sure it’s been confirmed that that’s a thing, but it does warn on the reservation page that changes may alter your delivery date… might be safest to contact a SA and get their assurance it wouldn’t change your ‘place in line‘ and have them put the change through.
Although we know how much an SA’s word is worth…

Reactions: Zygote1975

We had one person here with a Plaid get the call. However, I don’t recall who.