Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We use the oobr booster in our 6 seat 2020 Model X , we use a rigid 3" extender that we purchased from here: https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/tesla-model-x-seat-belt-extender/

We have a 7 year old in the oobr and with the extender she can buckle / un-buckle herself. Our 4 year old is in oobr too now but hasn't been able to master buckling yet.
I don't want to derail this on car seats but... I've read that using an extender with car seats and boosters isn't safe.

Reactions: zk19
call the Princeton location and find out for yourself! ((609) 806-2611)
I also know someone who got the new X delivered in NJ 2 weeks ago
All kinds of conflicting info lol.... My friend was at the Springfield location on Saturday test driving a Model Y for his daughter.... one of the SA's there told him that none have been delivered on the east coast, He told him that there are a few on trucks scheduled for next week but a very small number.

Reactions: Fulkth
All kinds of conflicting info lol.... My friend was at the Springfield location on Saturday test driving a Model Y for his daughter.... one of the SA's there told him that none have been delivered on the east coast, He told him that there are a few on trucks scheduled for next week but a very small number.
I know in Houston, the SC has a lot of new people. I'm sure some, if not all, are still learning the models. So he/she may not have known the difference between an S and X. Who knows.

I don't want to derail this on car seats but... I've read that using an extender with car seats and boosters isn't safe.

Same, that's why I have not taken the chance and used one.

There is nothing wrong with maximizing profit. Increasing sustainability is not impacted by this at all. I disagree with that point. If they can sell one car sell the most profitable car. As long as they are selling many cars as they can make, the mission is intact. Tesla is a for profit company that pay back shareholders. They are not a charity.
Cheetah fatalism, I hear!

Exactly this. Don’t do it. It’s the biggest PITA ever getting my kids into boosters in my BMW. But I’ll take that over an ejected kid. Google it. Plenty of cases of failed extenders. Do you really want to live with that possibility?

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
758AD178-61E5-4B6B-8631-63610CD6C810.png
the account profile is down.

Exactly this. Don’t do it. It’s the biggest PITA ever getting my kids into boosters in my BMW. But I’ll take that over an ejected kid. Google it. Plenty of cases of failed extenders. Do you really want to live with that possibility?
I have short extenders in the back of our MS for our kids in boosters. Otherwise they would not be able to buckle at all since the buckles are flush with the seats. The extenders are short and do not extend into the child's lap. They simply bring the buckle out from inside the seat so the kid can grab it and buckle.

If an extender is designed to hold a 300+ lb adult, why do you think it would fail with an 80lb kid?

Back to topic... My EDD has been April, 2022 pretty consistently. I sold my Roadster on Monday so I have ordered a Volvo XC40 Recharge using the Care by Volvo program. Will pick it up first week of December.

Last edited: