Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4A288630-28CD-4C0D-B97E-06F0132541CA.jpeg

Very interesting. The front matched 1 to 1?
They actually don’t. (Bottom mats are 2022) The 2017 mats would fit but the passenger side one leaves a gap.

Okay now I’m really pissed. I was verbally guaranteed this year when I switched to 6 seat config, but today the date pushed back, yet again, to February! What the actual F?! Someone has to have a recording of them verbally guaranteeing this year. I know they said the same thing to most everyone who switched. I also believe they record all of the calls. I’m thinking it might be time for a class action. I’m sick of extending my current lease with them. A 4 year lease should not be the same price as a 3 year lease, and that’s what I’m going to have very soon. And the worst part of it all is that, as usual, no update, explanation, apology, compensation, or anything of the sort. Basically just sit there and deal with it. They couldn’t give a Sh&! less about people dropping $100k+ on their products, many of us who have now done so several times.
I have a recording! I hit record as I took notes on my iPad so I do have a recording.
Not sure how much it will help, but I have it.

I have a recording! I hit record as I took notes on my iPad so I do have a recording.
Not sure how much it will help, but I have it.
California is a two-party consent state so be careful when recording a Tesla phone call coming from CA. Notify them you are recording otherwise it's illegal to do so. Taking contemporaneous notes is a different story.

View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.
Congratulations! Glad to see some movement in Atlanta.

Reactions: Rb48888 and T.REX
E1C19F2E-B867-45B7-A110-A95E5419DB57.jpeg
DA67F0C4-04D0-4244-A862-14972223F89D.jpeg
263EE5F8-90CC-498A-B231-90961EB158B7.jpeg
380A7E85-EAF5-4630-8316-7C1C4FD698B4.jpeg
I’ve had a few requests for the differences between the 2017 and 2022 Model X along with some interior pictures so here goes.
Handling! I’ve never driven a Raven S/X but this is much better than any pre Raven S/X and in my opinion better than the Model 3. The service manager who moved it before I got there said it was a leap above Raven.
Smooth Power. Didn’t realize how much of a difference there was between 4.7 seconds and 3.8 seconds.

Sound System. Music sounds even better and the fact that nothing rattles makes the base so smooth.

NOTHING RATTLES!!! If you have had an earlier Model X this will make you as excited as it made me.

Road Noise. It’s so quiet!

Ventilated Seats. I was skeptical but I love them. They will be amazing for a long road trips.

I like the yoke and it didn’t take long to get used to. I know a lot of people have had a issue with the turn signals but I drove 100 miles on the interstate on Autopilot but not NoA and used them enough to prefer it to a stalk.

I prefer the new landscape screen although everything has moved and I’m not used to it yet. The browser is incredibly fast.

Also there are lots of small changes like:

Lights in the rear speaker grills.

Buttons like the 3/Y on the inside of the front doors.

All 4 door interiors are completely redesigned.

Extra cargo compartments in the rear and slightly smaller Frunk.

In summary, The 2017 is a Spaceship and the 2022 is a Spaceship From The Future.

I think that’s about it but let me know if anyone has any additional questions.

View attachment 741807View attachment 741808View attachment 741809View attachment 741810I’ve had a few requests for the differences between the 2017 and 2022 Model X along with some interior pictures so here goes.
Handling! I’ve never driven a Raven S/X but this is much better than any pre Raven S/X and in my opinion better than the Model 3. The service manager who moved it before I got there said it was a leap above Raven.
Smooth Power. Didn’t realize how much of a difference there was between 4.7 seconds and 3.8 seconds.

Sound System. Music sounds even better and the fact that nothing rattles makes the base so smooth.

NOTHING RATTLES!!! If you have had an earlier Model X this will make you as excited as it made me.

Ventilated Seats. I was skeptical but I love them. They will be amazing for a long road trips.

I like the yoke and it didn’t take long to get used to. I know a lot of people have had a issue with the turn signals but I drove 100 miles on the interstate on Autopilot but not NoA and used them enough to prefer it to a stalk.

I prefer the new landscape screen although everything has moved and I’m not used to it yet. The browser is incredibly fast.

In summary, The 2017 is a Spaceship and the 2022 is a Spaceship From The Future.

Thanks for the pics, T.Rex

View attachment 741807View attachment 741808View attachment 741809View attachment 741810I’ve had a few requests for the differences between the 2017 and 2022 Model X along with some interior pictures so here goes.

Congrats on the car!!! Any thoughts on road/wind noise and the overall amount of cabin noise?

Reactions: Elixir
I called the number. The person I spoke to said Plaids won’t come till next year, they haven’t even prepared any for delivery yet. They said there’s no word on when any refresh Model X will get shipped to Canada at all either, looking like next year.

When I brought up being contacted about the 6 seater switch, she told me no one who has the plaid should’ve been called for that option to switch and definitely no one in Canada. Which as everyone knows isn’t true because plenty of us were called. She looked into my file and told me she has no record of me being contacted, which really frustrated me, considering I have proof of the rep from Fremont contacting me in October. Basically she said she’d follow up after contacting the rep who’s name I gave her, but I honestly don’t expect anything at this point.

Definitely disappointed. With the likely luxury tax coming for us Canadians, I could’ve avoided it for having ordered before the official cut off date (back in mid April), but because of the rep who had me switch with the promise of delivery before the end of the year (he did say I’d get it for sure, not “most likely”, he was confident in delivery), my invoice has a date in October not March like my initial order agreement stated.