Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updates!

Called local dealership number, which ultimately routed to Fremont for delivery questions. I will say that for the lack of transparency and comms pre-VIN, the team you get on the phone once you get assigned one is excellent: professional, patient, and informed. They answered all of my questions clearly and set expectations and timings for the process.

So, now for the status of things:
  • They are driving my assigned vehicle from Fremont to my local dealership today. Woot!
  • They have to do final inspections tomorrow/Monday, then once that passes, they will send me a notification to schedule delivery.
    • Note: My Tesla app still indicates "We are building you car" with February delivery, even though the car is being driven to the dealership and Insurance and Payment tasks are complete in the app. So this is clearly a placeholder for all statues from "starting to build" to "ready to deliver to customer" basically.
  • The expectation set is, save any final inspection issues, I should be able to schedule and take delivery before next weekend.
    • They did say that since this is one of the "earlier deliveries" the process for inspection is taking longer than usual.
    • I asked how many have been delivered, he paused (I'm sure he was told to be careful here, ha!), and said "hundreds" in the area. That felt high given the data we are seeing, but I didn't press...
  • I have a long roadtrip next weekend for the holidays, so I will be sure to come back to share any experiences (good or bad!) after that first leg of the journey.
It really is wild how in less than 12 hours I went from "i have no idea when I will get my car" to "its happening". I hope all of you here get the share the excitement soon. With all of the cars at Fremont starting to move around, is must be starting to happen. 🤞

Updates!

Called local dealership number, which ultimately routed to Fremont for delivery questions. I will say that for the lack of transparency and comms pre-VIN, the team you get on the phone once you get assigned one is excellent: professional, patient, and informed. They answered all of my questions clearly and set expectations and timings for the process.

• They are driving my assigned vehicle from Fremont to my local dealership today. Woot!
  • They have to do final inspections tomorrow/Monday, then once that passes, they will send me a notification to schedule delivery.
    • Note: My Tesla app still indicates "We are building you car" with February delivery, even though the car is being driven to the dealership and Insurance and Payment tasks are complete in the app. So this is clearly a placeholder for all statues from "starting to build" to "ready to deliver to customer" basically.
  • The expectation set is, save any final inspection issues, I should be able to schedule and take delivery before next weekend.
    • They did say that since this is one of the "earlier deliveries" the process for inspection is taking longer than usual.
    • I asked how many have been delivered, he paused (I'm sure he was told to be careful here, ha!), and said "hundreds" in the area. That felt high given the data we are seeing, but I didn't press...
  • I have a long roadtrip next weekend for the holidays, so I will be sure to come back to share any experiences (good or bad!) after that first leg of the journey.
It really is wild how in less than 12 hours I went from "i have no idea when I will get my car" to "its happening". I hope all of you here get the share the excitement soon. With all of the cars at Fremont starting to move around, is must be starting to happen. 🤞
I’m so happy for you man !
I am happy to learn that February delivery shown and still you actually getting your car next week !
Mine shows February delivery and I ordered the vehicle back in December 2020! So maybe I’ll be lucky too ?!🤷🏻‍♂️

Updates!

Did they hire new people to answer the phones 🤷🏾‍♂️ Glad you got answers Congrats 👍🏽

Buddy of mine lost his tax business at the worst possible time.. and another shared this video.. from what he’s seen it’s completely destroyed there.. luckily all my friends are safe but yea tons of loss..
We spent some time in our basement last night, but fortunately we did not get hit. An Amazon building collapsed not too far from where we live. Scary. This definitely puts things in perspective.

Buddy of mine just texted me. First delivery in Ohio was white exterior and cream interior.

Falcon door wouldn’t open haha and the client was pissed. According to the SA there that’s part of the delay is that the falcon door sensors are all jacked up.
we have one in the group here, got to take her car back next day for the same reason, she got her car 2 weeks ago.

47325A0B-DD51-4D63-9A12-6CDB8404EA8F.jpeg

Got my X today. Didn’t get much time behind the wheel today but for the hour or 2 I did get, it was amazing. Maybe I am bias since I am a first time Tesla owner and am coming from a 2009 Hyundai Sonata , but this car is awesome…just wish the floor mats I ordered last year fit 😬