Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really happy with you guys receiving yours Model X, they are starting to ramp up production :cool:

Until last friday i was not in a hurry to get mine, but yesterday i got some amazing news, and i will need to get the car in the beginning of august, my wife is pregnant with our second child, my Leaf will become a little short, i hope Tesla can keep the promise of starting deliveries in Europe on the second semester hopefully in the beguining.

Now i'm not only expecting my Model X 😅
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Gameiro101
Well, it’s really obvious that something is holding up production and vehicle releases for sale. That’s a lot of Model Xs sitting next to the track waiting for some or several components to be installed or software updated to enable them. While it’s obviously better to see more X on the lot than not, they are clearly not making even 10-15 partially completed vehicles a day. It’s like there is no real production ramp up at all and almost each one has some issue or another. At this rate it’s hard to see how they will have 500 X built by year end, and I’m sure there are more people who agreed to the 6 seat configuration by phone than that. […] if they can’t ramp production, it’s going to be a long winter for us here.
It seems like they were making about 20,000 X a year before the shutdown debacle , correct my math please, so 300-400 a month is not going to help most of us for a very long time…………I don’t want to be negative but the math is not with us at least this year…

Remember the first quarter the S was in production was under 2000 built, and the second quarter I think 9000… it doesn’t seem like the X is ramping any faster, but it’s plausible that it will be similar so around 2000 X this quarter and maybe 20k S&X combined in Q1 2022? Maybe 25k S&X in Q2, which is their stated capacity, right? The ramp sure feels slow while waiting through the start for VINs, but big picture I’m not sure it’s productive to evaluate or be concerned until 6 months in.

The good news is that delivery pace seems to be picking up a bit, so hopefully they’re over the worst of it for the LR X. If they can get the FWDs dialed in and start making plaids, we’ll be in great shape! 🤣

Reactions: lexus26
I'm really happy with you guys receiving yours Model X, they are starting to ramp up production :cool:

Until last friday i was not in a hurry to get mine, but yesterday i got some amazing news, and i will need to get the car in the beginning of august, my wife is pregnant with our second child, my Leaf will become a little short, i hope Tesla can keep the promise of starting deliveries in Europe on the second semester hopefully in the beguining.

Heartiest congratulations and hope everything works well !! Hope they stay true to their commitment of Q2 next year or one-up it by getting us even earlier like they did for the Model Y here. All the very best to you once again!!

Accepted my delivery yesterday. For the price you pay for the car, customer service experience was really bad. But the car is worth every day, every minute of that 2 year wait. For the folks who are loosing patience, I know it’s easier said than done but please hang in there, I don’t believe there is another car like X in the market today or will be anytime in near future. This car is holy grail of tech EV. Here is a glimpse of my black on black, 22” wheel. Will be dropping off to get the calipers painted to Red.
Fantastic! Great to see some deliveries finally. Congratulations 🎉

Reactions: KidsEyeDr

Now that’s the best news of all. Congratulations !

CONGRATS! ... I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.

Hey guys quick update after taking delivery: Paint was not great, had some metal showing on one section and a lot of small scratches. Also car was not cleaned, my sub trunk had alot of shaving of something (ppf?) and one key fob straight up didnt work at all. Alignment of the right FWD was super off, interior passenger water barrier was not installed correctly and lastly the hood was badly aligned. Lastly, there was a sketchy looking weld in the right FWD door jamb area.

TLDR: Bring a squad of friends and look at EVERYTHING. I have my service appointment scheduled already and be sure you do it for paint related issues before 100 miles or 24 hours otherwise telsa may fight you on it. Car is super nice and will take some getting used to but the quality issues are souring me in the back of my head.
So, late this afternoon I decided to take a stroll to my local dealership and look for my car… And I found it!

During my loitering I ran into and talked with two really friendly employees at the site. Some interesting details I thought all of us waiters would appreciate:
  • My car was one of eightXs to arrive today. The employees said this was by far the biggest single day shipment of the new refreshed X. Prior to that, there were only a “trickle” of cars, “less than 5” at that particular dealership since the model was released.
    • While walking around, I saw white, red, blue, silver, and black. They all look absolutely stunning. I gotta say i love the cream/white interiors… but kids.
    • One employee mentioned this is Tesla’s ramp up season / part of the quarter. “Things are about to get spicy”, with “delivery trucks usually waiting to unload into the dealership” in the coming week or two. So while I am sure this is mostly for the 3/Y, and not to get everyone’s hopes up, but it does seem like they are on the precipice of a step change in delivery cadence. 🤞🤞🤞
  • They were a bit obsessed with ensuring a quality delivery of the X. “We had problems in the past, we’ve listened to our customers, so we really spend extra time on the inspections from factory to dealership.” He said they had actually already “failed“ several Xs already requiring repairs before being handed over to the buyer. Fortunately, mine was only missing some frunk liner, which sounds like is easy to get from Fremont.
    • Looking at the cars they had tape all over the vehicle and writing + labels on the windshield. There were clear indicators of passed inspections at the factory (green stickers), and several cars had yellow stickers with identified problems hand-written. Mine had one indicating the liner was missing, and there was one other indicating a failed Falcon door.
  • My car was diiiirty. Clearly mine was one of those sitting in the dirt out by the track! The employee said the only thing sitting between me and delivery was cleaning and buffing the paint a bit.
  • #22covergate: I pointed out my car was missing the covers on the 22” wheels. He said that they are probably in the car and still need to be attached prior to delivery. He mentioned some specific other Tesla vehicle wheels are the same deal: they ship to the dealership requiring some final assembly there. For those that have shipped without the covers, they were probably forgotten…
  • The Fremont factory is a 24/7 operation with shifts around the clock. Not sure if others knew that or not, but I hadn’t quite realized that until he said it.
  • The two employees were really nice. Instead of telling me to get off the property, they were friendly and actively engaged. It was actually their suggestion to look for my specific car in the lot, and he offered to help! I mentioned how well the process seems to be going once I got a VIN (last night), but how poor the communication/expectation setting was up until that point His response was going back to their focus on quality, specifically citing all of the additional inspections. Reading between the lines, I think their added testing found more problems, resulting in delays to re-test and fix all vehicles etc. Hopefully it has the desired result and was not all for none with customers finding issues anyway…
Here are some pictures I managed to snap, trying not to be too much of a paparazzi :) Happy to share the experience!
@mattv123 I think this is key what you said here. The car arrived at the SC and they realized there are touch ups needed prior to delivery. This is good customer service.. where some other SCs get a new car and simply deliver it assuming all is well. It's interesting to see that there does not seem to be a corporate policy set in place across all SCs.

On another note @Mako11 I added your issues to the issue tracking thread/spreadsheet. Just dropping that info in this thread again to help focus conversation :) Congrats to both of you on your new cars!

Anyone with pre-refresh reservation, when you click on “order agreement” on your account, what date does it show? I originally ordered in June 2020, but when I click on “order agreement” it shows Feb 2021 (which is when I accepted the new refresh pricing).

After yesterday’s disappointing delivery cancellation and unknown status, got a call this morning that my Red X was ready for pickup.
I want to thank this thread for the support and better communication that the Tesla team! Here are some pics. Driving experience to follow. View attachment 743375
That is what mine will look like. Glad to see a red/white get delivered. Enjoy it!!

Reactions: pjoshi101
Anyone with pre-refresh reservation, when you click on “order agreement” on your account, what date does it show? I originally ordered in June 2020, but when I click on “order agreement” it shows Feb 2021 (which is when I accepted the new refresh pricing).
Mine is the same. I was an January 14, 21 order, but it now shows January 29th when I accepted the new pricing.

Accepted my delivery yesterday. For the price you pay for the car, customer service experience was really bad. But the car is worth every day, every minute of that 2 year wait. For the folks who are loosing patience, I know it’s easier said than done but please hang in there, I don’t believe there is another car like X in the market today or will be anytime in near future. This car is holy grail of tech EV. Here is a glimpse of my black on black, 22” wheel. Will be dropping off to get the calipers painted to Red.
Congrats!

Out of curiosity, why not Fremont? I changed my (eventual, someday) delivery location to Fremont even though I'm sorta between Dublin and Vallejo, on the assumption that would eliminate having to load and unload the vehicle from a car carrier. (Also I picked my S up from Fremont, and yeah I know the delivery experience for an X in 2022 will be very different from an S in 2015.)

Congrats in any case!

Bruce.
Hi Bruce,

I have picked up at Fremont Deliver Center and Dublin SC. And I prefer Dublin. The Delivery Center has dozens of people armed with checklists and questions about the paperwork, how does this work on the cars, ....? They are trying to move people through in batches of an hour or so windows. But after the first group or so the queue gets long.

In contrast, at the Service Center, we were the only people picking up our car that morning. The person we were working with personally walked us through the car and then left us alone to inspect the car and try things out. We had a couple of minor things and that same salesperson coordinated everything, such as someone coming out to clean little areas of dirt. It was a much slower-paced and more relaxing process.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: bmah and croman
Same here, my order date shows 10/12/21, which is the day I accepted the switch to 6 seats for “guaranteed delivery this year”. The only reference to my original date is that it shows I paid my $100 deposit on 10/29/20. I know they have more internal data that clearly shows order date because it’s never been an issue.

Hmm, rusty rotors?🤨
All Tesla and most other EVs get them. Regen braking means no pad to rotor contact to knock of the rust that naturally forms on the rotors from condensation and splashes. Also means your car will make some scraping noisy on winter mornings when regen is low and for the first time in a while, the brake pads will touch the rotors and scrape the rust off. It is nothing to worry about.