Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely disagree! The QC issues prove they are prioritizing delivery numbers over the best possible product. The X specifically has had issues since vin 1 that are still showing up in the refresh or even the common paint drips or even lack of paint. I love Tesla and it’s about all I’ll buy but I’m also going to be truthful about their faults. The issue is they have no competition to push them to improve yet.
My car was perfect. Many others too.

After a brief period of time during which the EDD on my app was gone and my web account was inaccessible, everything now back to normal. Please disburse, folks. Nothing to see here….
Mines back as well. It sure would be nice if now that we are in a new quarter they give us more than 3 days to take delivery. I’m really concerned they will try to force delivery on one of the three random weeks I am on vacation During q1 and q2.

Last edited:
Yeah somethings up.. eta gone from app for me now. Refreshed a few times and it’s back. The element is there, it’s just the data isn’t loading.

I always get the sense that the web team at Tesla isn’t top notch, and the slightest issue with latency etc sends things into a spiral.
Heck, EVERYTHING I've got disappeared - the Teslas I own along with the X order. Something is up. I assume it'll come back later with something - I hope.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Mines back as well. It sure would be nice if now that we are in a new quarter they give us more than 3 days to take delivery. I’m really concerned they will try to force delivery on one of the three random weeks I am on vacation During q1 and q2.
Same here I'll be out of country from the 2nd week of January until mid February. But no worries I'll get it when I get it hopefully a well build one 🙏🏼

So, for those in Europe who have orders, what has happened to your EDDs? I'm wondering if Tesla is going to push some European builds for shipping in January as I think in the past it's usually the first month of a quarter that the allocations go abroad. I don't remember if it got pushed back to mid-2022 or not. With all of the vehicles sitting around the test track along with the Kato Road long-term storage it seems to me that they might be set aside for it.

Most of Europe got a communication stating second half of 2022 delivery. It was reported here few hundred pages back. Canada should be with East coast delivery first half of the quarter.

So, for those in Europe who have orders, what has happened to your EDDs? I'm wondering if Tesla is going to push some European builds for shipping in January as I think in the past it's usually the first month of a quarter that the allocations go abroad. I don't remember if it got pushed back to mid-2022 or not. With all of the vehicles sitting around the test track along with the Kato Road long-term storage it seems to me that they might be set aside for it.
Funny story; we never got and EDD for the X. At. All. (Bar the one the website told you at time of ordering)

Its just 'we will contact you' and that is it.

However as stated; we got en email that they HOPE to start the first deliveries in the second half of 2022, no longer taking any orders in outside of North America untill the current standing order have been fulfilled. Additionally, current agreed upon prices will be honoured.

Technically you can still order an X in the EU, but you do not get a price indication and it states it will be decided once they have a better vision on the situation when they can fulfill new orders.

Fyi:

Screenshot_2022-01-02-19-45-35-127_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_2022-01-02-19-44-48-588_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, but it is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation for them. Their plans are changing so often that telling you a plan would likely not be any use since it will change 5 times before you get your car. They are likely constantly battling changing production issues, work force issues, supply issues, shipping issues, weather, etc. The "plan" Tesla communicates is the EDD, and obviously they can't even get that vague level of detail accurate. Something more specific wouldn't be any better off.
Yeah….. sorry I’m a customer not a stockholder or fan boy. I have zero pity for them. That’s business… do you want to play with the big boys? Then work through that stuff. Most businesses who run into challenges that aren’t the customer fault do something to appease the customer. Not Tesla they give you three days to pick it up or they move onto the next person is available to buy it. They are just shoveling in the $$$$$$$.

if we look at how many S/X were made in Q2 and Q3 which is before the X started deliveries we can get an idea on how many are Model S's.
Here are the S/X numbers for this year from Telsa press releases

Q1 - 0
Q2 - 2340
Q3 - 8941
Q4 - 13109

We also know that at current production rates, MS has delivered more Plaids than needed and is delivering roughly 6 month old orders now
On the X side, there are still orders from 12 months ago that are not filled yet. I have not seen anything reliable about the size of the S/X backlog.

It seems that the X backlog should reduce in the coming quarter as production continues to ramp but if the S ramp is any guide it may take two quarters to make a significant change.. The line has been averaging over 1000 S/X per week which is huge progress, I wonder if they will make it to 1500 a week for 2022 Q1.

Yeah….. sorry I’m a customer not a stockholder or fan boy. I have zero pity for them. That’s business… do you want to play with the big boys? Then work through that stuff. Most businesses who run into challenges that aren’t the customer fault do something to appease the customer. Not Tesla they give you three days to pick it up or they move onto the next person is available to buy it. They are just shoveling in the $$$$$$$.
Yeah, not giving much notice during the delivery process is not really excusable, but I understand why they can't give more detail on production plan. Even if they improved the production planning accuracy a huge amount, I still don't think it will be enough to appease customers. Once the car is made and shipping, it does seem crazy that they can't make an automated system to let the customer know where it is in the process.

Yeah, not giving much notice during the delivery process is not really excusable, but I understand why they can't give more detail on production plan. Even if they improved the production planning accuracy a huge amount, I still don't think it will be enough to appease customers. Once the car is made and shipping, it does seem crazy that they can't make an automated system to let the customer know where it is in the process.
Given the unpredictability of the current global supply constraint problem, I'm not surprised that they're unable to reliably forecast when your car will be done. Furthermore, they aren't anywhere close to having a demand problem, so regardless of how much of any of this is in their control, I'm quite confident that any complaints here or elsewhere will fall on deaf ears. You read the forums for any high-demand item, and there are folks complaining about supply and unpredictability. It's far from just Tesla.

As far as the "they only give you 3 days" thing- I believe that's "the end of quarter push" nonsense. I agree that it needs to stop. But again, they seem to have no incentive to change, other than the fact that the quality seems to take a dive during this period, and they ship a new car that immediately needs repairs. I don't quite understand how they're saving money in this situation.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I traveled with 2x e-bikes on my 2017 MX. Depending on the bike you have try to remove the battery during transit. With my Aventon Level bike putting the battery in the back seat saved 20lbs easily. Adds piece of mind as well when driving over NYC potholes.
Same here. We have Blix e-bikes that have pretty hefty batteries and heavy metal baskets for errands, etc (see first pic). I had to remove the baskets, and the batteries to get the weight of each bike low enough for me to mount them on my rack with the confidence I wasn't overloading the hitch. Also found a very light rack, which in turn, allowed me to allocate more of the 150lb weight limit to the bikes themselves.

IMG_3224.JPGIMG_4184.jpg

I do have the common build and do live 4hrs from the factory and nothing. In fact I live closer than the SoCal deliveries.
Your issue with the end of year push was probably weather. We know from folks on here that their PNW orders were cancelled and sent south to So Cal. Guessing the same reason none came to Reno. Sierra Nevadas have been a complete mess.

Reactions: lexus26
Yeah, they do have it disabled when using FSD beta even if installed. That's what makes the least sense on why the S and X still have it installed. One of the fishier decisions they have made. I'm sure it's solely a $ thing.
I noticed it on my X too. Side note: I added the jetson, mario kart and Jaws theme to my boombox pretty funny
Same here I'll be out of country from the 2nd week of January until mid February. But no worries I'll get it when I get it hopefully a well build one 🙏🏼
Same here. Where are you going?

Tires depend on the size of rim you order, not if the car is a LongRange or Plaid. For instance a LR or Plaid with 20" rims would receive the same tires.

According to our order tracking spreadsheet, of the 30 individuals who have received a VIN, 7 orders have 22" rims and only 2 orders are Plaid.
good points! I guess that doesn't make any sense... is there anyway to see what the distribution of 20 vs 22's has been over the past say 2 weeks?