Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I try and add FSD there is a button that says I acknowledge I can make no further changes to my vehicle... or something to that effect... so I don't have the guts to pull the trigger given 1) no idea it if will really help get my car any faster and 2) there is no way I want to pay for "FSD"... Maybe I should have more faith.... ?
I removed FSD Dec 1st. Vined Dec 14th. Delivery Dec 27th. All cars come with FSD hardware its a download later. Only 10 percent of Xs purchased it through 2020. I can't imagine it would make a difference. They are just building and shipping.

Hey guys, I have FSD on my order but I’m on the fence. I don’t have a ton of interest in the actual FSD but I love enhanced autopilot on my current Model S, and I would love the summon, autopark, etc. assume there’s no way to get those without purchasing FSD?
Correct.

It's either the included AP (lane keep + adaptive cruise control) or the full FSD package for $12k/monthly subscription.

Those features you mentioned are only in the FSD package - but they may appear in the Enhanced Autopilot package was only offered for a very limited time in the past and I can't see them doing again.

Does anyone know if the second row (in 5 or 7 seat config) folds 60/40 or only 100/0? I know none have been delivered yet, but probably fair to assume that it's similar to the prior X...? All of the other models (S, 3, Y) have 60/40 fold down seats, so I'm hoping X does as well.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
LR tows the same 5000lb.

And so it is. The article I read must have gotten confused between wheel sizes between the two trims.

I guess that just leaves me with one answer then why I didn't get the LR to begin with: At $105K, the LR 5 seat was a bit too much for what it offers while the Plaid 5 seat at $120K was just a bit too inexpensive for what it offers.

Reactions: UCF3
When I created this spreadsheet I didn't expect it to be so popular 😅

I kept it open for anyone to edit and it has become a great community effort - anyone can modify and improve it any way you see fit :)

I might be remiss not to call it a work of community art!
Thank you very much for starting this sheet, and for keeping it open. There are downsides like potential for vandalism but the community has been decent, so 🤞🏽we can use this as a reference for future analysis.

Thank you very much for starting this sheet, and for keeping it open. There are downsides like potential for vandalism but the community has been decent, so 🤞🏽we can use this as a reference for future analysis.

Sadly that happens about once a week. But I have a green button!

1642559838992.png

Once all the backorders are filled I will lock it down for prosperity :)

Also I really need to send a shoutout to @Stro who continues to push for and spread awareness!

Am I seeing a trend?
Posters don’t get VINS. Lurkers do.
😰😰😰
That's ridiculous.

I know this because Elon Musk and Tesla are awesome and perfect. Everything that happens is by grand design. The fact that we aren't capable of understanding The Plan just reinforces how much better and smarter Elon Musk and everyone at Tesla is.

Oh, and did I mention how gorgeous all the SAs are? It's amazing. Like perfection incarnate.

VIN, please!

That's ridiculous.

I know this because Elon Musk and Tesla are awesome and perfect. Everything that happens is by grand design. The fact that we aren't capable of understanding The Plan just reinforces how much better and smarter Elon Musk and everyone at Tesla is.

Oh, and did I mention how gorgeous all the SAs are? It's amazing. Like perfection incarnate.

VIN, please!
Game level completed. Achievement unlocked: “Reverse Psychology on Interns”

Thanks for the chat. I called Giovanni at Tesla. He’s reaching out to my SA Mike as only Mike can do anything if something is possible with the $6,500 refund. I didn’t use your name or RN at all. “Fingers crossed”

Good luck getting your VIN soon!
I'm sending good vibes from the W(B)est Coast and hoping Tesla does the right thing! Honestly, I think everyone in your position should coordinate and make it a issue they have to address. You should be on priority -and- have your $6.5k refunded. They overpromised and underdelivered. They were smart enough not to put it in writing, but that doesn't matter in the court of public opinion for one of the largest companies on the planet. Doing the right thing is worth it to them, it's just a matter of getting the issue on the right people's radar.

Reactions: jbrowdy
That's ridiculous.

VIN, please!
don't think that will help...try to rub some mosquito's blood on your forehead, light up 3 candles and whisper hallelujah 15 times. worth a try!

Thanks

Can fog lights be on without headlights, as in just with parking lights?
Does your phone begn to auto play when Bluetooth connects even if the phone is not the chosen source?
Is there still an unused screen in the dash in front of the passenger?
To my knowledge, the passenger screen, is just a continuation of the gloss trim, that looks like a screen. No real screen there.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
FSD is only worth something to one who wants to risk using. There are no guarantees Fed and Local governments will actually allow it when it's no longer a beta product.

Now that that's out of the way...

IMHO if you buy a software package which is continuing to be updated and improved then there shouldn’t be depreciation. It's technically a better software package than it was a year ago. Now if the hardware is no longer as compatible or needs to be upgraded then there's your depreciation argument.
Let's look at this from an accounting perspective:

We can all agree that the car has a limited life. For this discussion, Let's assume 10 years. If I am selling the car at the end of year 9, the car and the up to date software has 1 year left of life.

If the original purchase of the car is $100k, and we use straight line depreciation, the car would sell for $10K + value of software... but if software had an original price of $10K... do you think you could sell the whole package for $20K? I don't think so... the number of years left to use the software has to be a factor in the transaction

So here is what I think is happening: The value of the software is the current price; however it is still on the depreciation schedule. So, if today, the software is selling for $20K, then it would be depreciated to $2K and the total value of the vehicle would be $12K.

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
Hey guys, I have FSD on my order but I’m on the fence. I don’t have a ton of interest in the actual FSD but I love enhanced autopilot on my current Model S, and I would love the summon, autopark, etc. assume there’s no way to get those without purchasing FSD?
I feel the same way! Just keep it on your order for $10K. Once you get vin, you can decide to cancel it if you wish... While waiting, if they ever offer EAP, you can jump on it...