Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you guys please provide a picture of what this looks like, for jealousy reasons of coursešŸ˜‚
723469E2-45D2-4D45-9D55-4E9CBA2FEE4D.png

Unprompted, I just got a call from the Mt. Kisco Tesla location to confirm the details of my registration transfer, trade-in, and financing. They said they have no specific date or details about my order but just wanted to verify that info. My EDD still shows TBD.

I asked if they have had any Plaids come through yet, and she said that there have only been LR deliveries at their shop so far.

FWIW.
Add me to the list of a more specific EDD: February 02 - February 19

Still no VIN, though.

Order date: January 29, 2021
Order number: RN11444
Config: Plaid Red/White with Carbon/6 Seat/22"/No FSD

My full VIN story (with one final update before delivery):

• June 2021 - LR/6/Blue/Cream/FSD order
  • Mid-December - VIN
  • Mid-December - VIN revoked after a few days
    • "Omg we're sorry we jumped the gun, you'll be placed on a priority list!"
  • Late-December - February EDD
  • Approx. Jan 9 2022 - EDD goes TBD
  • Jan 16 - VIN assigned, EDD remains TBD
  • Jan 19 - EDD changed to 3rd week of January
Ordered in June? Iā€™m sick to my stomach but good for you. Apparently your priority list is better than the priority list Iā€™m on. Maybe Iā€™ll call Tesla to pay $ to get on a different priority list.

No delivery dates for 5/7 seat orders. There hasnā€™t been a single 5/7 seater delivered. Despite not actually wanting a 6-seater, or a Plaid, I placed a new order for a Plaid last week because itā€™s looking like I could get that in a few months, compared to my LR 5 seat order placed in June/2021 which looks like it might not arrive in Canada until 2023. Thatā€™s assuming the 5 seat version ever gets builtā€¦
For me, the deal killer of the 6 seater is that the middle row: Does. Not. Fold. That seriously limits the cargo capacity.

No donā€™t get a quote first. Wait until the title is close to being transferred to you so your quote doesnā€™t expire. Start the process now as it can take a while to transfer the title so youā€™re able to sell it to them.

It took us no time with our credit union. Costs us $500 in interest on a 1.79% loan.

We had a sign and drive lease. Ended up making 10k off of it by doing this. (VW)
But what about the sales tax and leasing fees?

No delivery dates for 5/7 seat orders. There hasnā€™t been a single 5/7 seater delivered. Despite not actually wanting a 6-seater, or a Plaid, I placed a new order for a Plaid last week because itā€™s looking like I could get that in a few months, compared to my LR 5 seat order placed in June/2021 which looks like it might not arrive in Canada until 2023. Thatā€™s assuming the 5 seat version ever gets builtā€¦
Well, thus far there haven't been ANY deliveries of refreshed Model X at all in Canada. Let's see if it starts in March...at least that's what mine is currently "targeting".

For me, the deal killer of the 6 seater is that the middle row: Does. Not. Fold. That seriously limits the cargo capacity.
I'm with you on this. That's why I wanted the 5 seat LR. I also like being able to fold the row flat for cargo storage. I'd prefer that I got the 5 seat LR but my guess is the 6 seat Plaid will come far sooner. If the 6 seat version with cargo limitations bothers me, I can always sell it and take delivery of the 5 seat LR when it eventually becomes available.