Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For your amusement.

Trying to reach local Florida service center about my M3, I somehow ended up in the Florida Virtual Order Center. Rep saw my phone # and said "are you calling about your Model X?" I said not really but lets talk about it. I started with, I already know the EDD is in March (LR 7 seater) but it moved 6x so it means nothing since not one 7 seater has ever been delivered to a customer. He disagreed, stated that 12 MX's were delivered to customers in Florida and 4 were 7 seaters!. I told him about the Google tracking with hundreds of entries and not one person on any social media platform can state they ever saw a customer MX refresh with 5 or 7 seats. He said, don't believe social media. I said, what else do we have?

His response, "well I disagree and I wouldn't be surprised if you get a VIN in the next few days. " (we would all be surprised wouldn't we?)

I then was transferred to local service center about my M3.

4680 is mainly to reduce battery cost. Tesla will first use it on CT. It does not matter to us and volume production will take a while.
Actually Tesla said today that the MY has already started production with the 4680 and deliveries will start soon (this quarter). CT ain’t coming for a few years IMO.

We didn't get direct MX news on the earnings call but maybe indirect.

As we know Tesla delivered a combined 24,964 MS / MX cars in 2021 which contributed to their record breaking 936k total production.
1643247751122.png

The good news is that they expect capacity to produce 100,000 MS / MX cars in 2022.
Sure, this is an overgeneralized number and it will likely be less BUT if it was significantly less they would have rounded to 50,000.

1643248015197.png

No denying Tesla has been playing with our emotions with EDDs but all signs point to a continued scale and ramp of production.

A reminder... back in the day.. when we were young.. you could order a new car and get delivery in the same month! 😱

Last edited:
Hey guys

I just rented the Refresh Model X for a week so I can do some products for it (DYI wraps, PPFs, tints etc). I already have the Model S. Just posting here in case anyone has any questions about the refresh Model X (or S 🤷‍♂️) while waiting for delivery, I will be happy to answer them 👍

View attachment 760666
Please develop a sunshade for the top portion of the windshield, the last gen sun shade does not fit.

Please develop a sunshade for the top portion of the windshield, the last gen sun shade does not fit.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will see if I can find a factory to do that...I personally can only do vinyl stuff (PPF, colored vinyls, tints etc) for now, as I just started TWRAPS last September mostly focusing on the new Model S...so my production capabilities revolve around cutting thin stuff, but I will get the size of it and see if I can find a factory to do it 👍

Hey guys

I just rented the Refresh Model X for a week so I can do some products for it (DYI wraps, PPFs, tints etc). I already have the Model S. Just posting here in case anyone has any questions about the refresh Model X (or S 🤷‍♂️) while waiting for delivery, I will be happy to answer them 👍

View attachment 760666
What PPF brands do you measure for ?
Please make really good measurements.

We didn't get direct MX news on the earnings call but maybe indirect.

As we know Tesla delivered a combined 24,964 MS / MX cars in 2021 which contributed to their record breaking 936k total production.
View attachment 760677

The good news is that they expect capacity to produce 100,000 MS / MX cars in 2022.
Sure, this is an overgeneralized number and it will likely be less BUT if it was significantly less they would have rounded to 50,000.

View attachment 760680

No denying Tesla has been playing with our emotions with EDDs but all signs point to a continued scale and ramp of production.

A reminder... back in the day.. when we were young.. you could order a new car and get delivery in the same month! 😱
Fremont can handle 500k M3Y AND 100k MSX ??? WTF were they doing until now?

Hey guys, my delivery is scheduled for Saturday from 8am-12pm. I called yesterday and the latest update they provided was there was a list of 10 things they needed to adjust/correct before confirming delivery. They actually updated my delivery from Fremont to home delivery. I was quite surprised because when I originally ordered the car, the only delivery option was Fremont. Odometer reading on the MVPA updated from 60 to 64. I got the text this morning taking me to scheduling the appointment.

Order Date - 07/14/21
Black/Black Plaid, 22s/FSD
VIN - 1/4/22
Delivery Scheduled - 01/29/22

I'll do a thorough check when they complete delivery and will post pictures as soon as I can.
What does your delivery location say on your account? They did not specify for me whether I was still confirmed at Fremont vs. delivering to my home address. Is there a way to tell?

Thanks for the suggestion! I will see if I can find a factory to do that...I personally can only do vinyl stuff (PPF, colored vinyls, tints etc) for now, as I just started TWRAPS last September mostly focusing on the new Model S...so my production capabilities revolve around cutting thin stuff, but I will get the size of it and see if I can find a factory to do it 👍
Are the PPFs easy to apply DIY? Are you going to have PPF for the rest of the car (hood,bumper, door etc) ?

Reactions: iyordanov
For your amusement.

Trying to reach local Florida service center about my M3, I somehow ended up in the Florida Virtual Order Center. Rep saw my phone # and said "are you calling about your Model X?" I said not really but lets talk about it. I started with, I already know the EDD is in March (LR 7 seater) but it moved 6x so it means nothing since not one 7 seater has ever been delivered to a customer. He disagreed, stated that 12 MX's were delivered to customers in Florida and 4 were 7 seaters!. I told him about the Google tracking with hundreds of entries and not one person on any social media platform can state they ever saw a customer MX refresh with 5 or 7 seats. He said, don't believe social media. I said, what else do we have?

His response, "well I disagree and I wouldn't be surprised if you get a VIN in the next few days. " (we would all be surprised wouldn't we?)

I then was transferred to local service center about my M3.
Wow! I actually saw a 7 seater downtown Chicago last month, so they do exist. I'd like to see one in my garage however...
1643250205855.jpeg

Hey guys

View attachment 760666
I’ve been thinking about having my windows and windshield tinted but have heard some horror stories about bubbling, waviness, hair, and scratched glass. Do you have any advice/rec? Thanks