Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the T sportline yoke replacement on my new Model S. Much more natural feel and easy U- turns. I can now drive with my hand at 12 O clock, I can see the whole instrument cluster if the steering wheel height is set correctly. I like it a little lower... I adjusted the height so that I can see most of the instrument cluster except for the posted speed at the top of the instrument cluster. I am keeping my old yoke in case I ever want to switch back to that.

I have the T sportline yoke replacement on my new Model S. Much more natural feel and easy U- turns. I can now drive with my hand at 12 O clock, I can see the whole instrument cluster if the steering wheel height is set correctly. I like it a little lower... I adjusted the height so that I can see most of the instrument cluster except for the posted speed at the top of the instrument cluster. I am keeping my old yoke in case I ever want to switch back to that.
Thank you for this! I was hoping someone would make an aftermarket wheel. How difficult was it to remove the airbag and do the swap?

Question:
Entered Trade-in details earlier today; does anyone know how long it takes usually to get an estimate on the trade? Thanks!
I uploaded my trade-in details/pictures on a Sunday afternoon and got the trade-in quote early Monday morning.

For reference data, Tesla offered $69,300 for my 2017 Model X, 100D, 58k miles, 7-seater, 20in rims with FSD. It also had a bumper replacement due to a minor fender bender, so I thought the offer was fair.

Someone should volunteer for ”Operation: Trojan Source”, and they look up all of our orders.
Not sure things are so simple…

The “volunteer” will simply find a chaotic situation, with many piles of model X parts, and 100’s of completed model X’s with missing part or two.
When that “volunteer” inquired about the database with backlogged orders, he(she) will be amazed to find a large cylindrical spinner with folded reservation numbers and a prototype AI robot pulling the lucky “winners”.

And this, my friends, is the only logical explanation of what we have been witnessing at Tesla in the last 6 months or so

I uploaded my trade-in details/pictures on a Sunday afternoon and got the trade-in quote early Monday morning.

For reference data, Tesla offered $69,300 for my 2017 Model X, 100D, 58k miles, 7-seater, 20in rims with FSD. It also had a bumper replacement due to a minor fender bender, so I thought the offer was fair.
Sounds great. Thank you very much.

I had purchased a VW ID.4 after I sold my P85D while waiting for the X. I have an offer of about the same (with $7500 tax credit covering the tax) as I paid last year from shift, but I would prefer to trade in so as to reduce the amount taxed at the exorbitant tax rate (11.4% -- WA is by far the worst state to buy an EV, despite what the lying liars tell us).

Reactions: rx_for_assyria
Not sure things are so simple…

The “volunteer” will simply find a chaotic situation, with many piles of model X parts, and 100’s of completed model X’s with missing part or two.
When that “volunteer” inquired about the database with backlogged orders, he(she) will be amazed to find a large cylindrical spinner with folded reservation numbers and a prototype AI robot pulling the lucky “winners”.

And this, my friends, is the only logical explanation of what we have been witnessing at Tesla in the last 6 months or so
I offer myself as a tribute. I shall battle these 'robots' and find the truth. I'd make my money back eventually when Hollywood makes a movie about me. I'd want Danny DeVito to play me.

Sounds great. Thank you very much.

I had purchased a VW ID.4 after I sold my P85D while waiting for the X. I have an offer of about the same (with $7500 tax credit covering the tax) as I paid last year from shift, but I would prefer to trade in so as to reduce the amount taxed at the exorbitant tax rate (11.4% -- WA is by far the worst state to buy an EV, despite what the lying liars tell us).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.09.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.09.38 PM.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.10.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.10.05 PM.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Informative
Reactions: studioloft
I think the horrshow one looks nice and may be less expensive….

FWIW: I could create
If Tesla was smart they could solve a pretty loud PR problem by just delivering to the active users in this forum 😅 Take care of the squeaky wheels perpetuating all the bad PR. (heck, all 400 of us in the spreadsheet)

We have already established from the past 975 pages that Sawyer Merritt, Ryan Shaw, InsideEVs and Teslarati all get their info directly from this thread 🤷‍♂️;)
If only they had 5 and 7-seat models... 🤔

Is this an actual ready for pick up or that's just his picking up Tesla location for when he eventually gets the car? I wasn't sure....
It's just someone that got a call from an SA to make sure they still wanted the car. Nothing about being ready to deliver. I'd hope that a 10/7/21 order wouldn't be the first 7 seater order we hear about... but it's Tesla.

Probably about the same time to completion as the Model X, but about 11 months less from the point of ordering.
I saw a rivian in the Wild today for the first time ever.. I was excited to see it but it was absolutely hideous .. looked a lot like the new bronco.. on the bright side it made the cyber truck look even better. Unfortunately I was unable to get photos since it was coming towards me in traffic

Reactions: Zygote1975
I saw a rivian in the Wild today for the first time ever.. I was excited to see it but it was absolutely hideous .. looked a lot like the new bronco.. on the bright side it made the cyber truck look even better. Unfortunately I was unable to get photos since it was coming towards me in traffic
I agree the front needs a nose job but the vehicle as a whole seems to be fully capable and versatile. I would be willing to put the Rivian off-road, but not so sure with the CyberTruck. I was wondering if there was going to be any serious mention of the CyberTruck today. Perhaps something might come out afterwards, but not really looking like it.