Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8-13-21 on my Plaid and 1-29-21 on my LR (still waiting on my VIN for the LR but I have a window of Feb 10-27)
This makes no sense (outside of Tesla's world). I ordered months before this. Plaid/White/Original six seater. St. Louis is close to Nashville, so transport can't be the issue. My EDD went from Feb 1-21 to "March". I would say it's motivated by a price bump, but I don't think the Plaid got bumped, besides changes related to the seats?

Reactions: lexus26
Agreed. I’m being very reasonable to virtually have 0 wait.
It's a massive hassle. I bought a Plaid MS. Sold it about two weeks later, but since I was financing, the bank was a lien holder on the title. I had to get the title, get a letter from the bank releasing the lien, then send the title to the buyer. It all took a lot of phone calls and time. Might be easier if you are paying cash. Even then, from what I recall, you will get the certificate of origin for the car, but won't have the title until you register it and pay taxes. You then get the title and have to transfer it to the buyer. So, the buyer ends up paying for the car, but doesn't get a title for a while. This can be a bit dicey. Maybe it's different in different states?

It's a massive hassle. I bought a Plaid MS. Sold it about two weeks later, but since I was financing, the bank was a lien holder on the title. I had to get the title, get a letter from the bank releasing the lien, then send the title to the buyer. It all took a lot of phone calls and time. Might be easier if you are paying cash. Even then, from what I recall, you will get the certificate of origin for the car, but won't have the title until you register it and pay taxes. You then get the title and have to transfer it to the buyer. So, the buyer ends up paying for the car, but doesn't get a title for a while. This can be a bit dicey. Maybe it's different in different states?
That is exactly how it would have to go down

Actually, IMO it IS broke. The steering wheel blocks the clear view of the instrument cluster. I am glad Tesla addressed the problem in this fashion, and I can't wait to get mine. Toyota addressed the problem by moving the instrument cluster to the center on many of their cars, similar to the Model 3. In any event, being able to see the IC is a great improvement.
So I have been driving Model S's since 2012 and have never had a problem seeing the IC. Though it may be size. I am an Average American Male (5'9" 32" inseam) and everything works for me, from airplane flight decks to cars (Roadster fit me perfectly). So I can see it being an issue if, say, you have a long torso or something.

But I am rabidly against the yoke. That one can adapt to it does not make it better, it just means you are adaptable. I agree w/o someone else who posted about being able to adjust the speed of the wheel straightening by adjusting your grip and not having to move your hand. I don't expect anyone to die from the yoke, but it's just another of Elon's stupid ideas from his 11-year-old-boy brain - "a yoke will be cool because it's like an airplane or a Formula 1 car, huh, huh,"

This makes no sense (outside of Tesla's world). I ordered months before this. Plaid/White/Original six seater. St. Louis is close to Nashville, so transport can't be the issue. My EDD went from Feb 1-21 to "March". I would say it's motivated by a price bump, but I don't think the Plaid got bumped, besides changes related to the seats?
I ordered in September and my EDD has been April since ordering. It's now moved up to 2/9-3/2. But having been in this thread for a while I know that EDDs are worthless without a VIN so we will see. But it looks like Plaids are coming fast and furious now.

Last edited:
Steering wheels have gotten smaller over the years, while the information displayed has increased. In my current X, I am always straining to see the Hill Hold indicator. It is just covered up, where I would prefer the wheel to be positioned. I generally grip the wheel on the bottom, especially if road tripping. So I expect the yoke to be very easy to adapt to. Now, I don't have one yet, so technically the jury is still out, but I cannot imagine strongly liking it. My EDD is March, but I'll believe it when I see it (LR 5 passenger).
This was dumb…. I cannot imagine NOT strongly liking it. :eek:

So I stopped by the dealer center to check out my MX Plaid and do a thorough inspection before I take delivery on Monday. I was relieved to see that all looks good. Body gaps are hardly noticeable, all usb ports were present, and overall everything seems to look great. There were only 2 tiny blemishes on the drivers side door and rear driver door both of which were already identified and circled by the dealer. I talked to my SA while I was in there and he assured me they would be taken care of before I take delivery on Monday since its going right from the dealer to the shop to get wrapped. I also noticed a little bit of condensation in the taillights but I've dealt with that on my current 2018 MX so that shouldn't be a big deal. I thought I would share some pics and if anyone notices anything else that I should bring to their attention, please advise.

View attachment 761066View attachment 761068View attachment 761069View attachment 761071View attachment 761072
Is the front left cracked? Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks kind of ragged.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how it's supposed to look close up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.02.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.02.11 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 212
Did our first drive up to Tahoe from the bay area. Our NAV system said we could make it on one charge but it would be really cutting it close so I stopped at the 250 kW chargers at Loomis. By the time we got subway and took a bathroom break we were almost fully charged back up and had an easy drive. Even got movie star parking when we got to the hotel with free recharge.
59D5A357-CA61-4BEB-812B-C7B38ED795A0.jpeg

For most, the yoke will be a non issue. For people that do not like it, I imagine the aftermarket will offer many options.

Many reports from people worrying they would not like it, begin to like it once they drive a bit with it.

Change is hard for many people, but it seems that most of the people using it for a while learn it's advantages.

See more negativity about the horn button, but I guess current production will come with a horn button in the center mounted airbag as well.

For all my friends out there who are taking delivery in Raleigh, NC, I’m happy to report that I’ve spotted 3 X’s in the lot. I saw a white LR with 20s, a black LR with 22s, and a gray Plaid with 22s. None of these are mine, but I’m hoping one of them is y’all’s. It’s nice to see some finally arriving. Would be nicer if one was mine, but hey, we’ve gotta look on the bright side, right?

Honestly last night I was really annoyed that I still haven’t gotten my X and I contemplated canceling my order. I’m taking this X sighting as a sign that maybe my baby will come soon. I’ll give it some more time so we’ll see. October 2020 order/blue/white/6 seater/20/FSD.
🥳
I'm same config as you but I didn't order til late lol-- 1.19.21. I'm shocked you don't have yours yet. Maybe our color config is pushed to the side
🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
For most, the yoke will be a non issue. For people that do not like it, I imagine the aftermarket will offer many options.

Many reports from people worrying they would not like it, begin to like it once they drive a bit with it.

Change is hard for many people, but it seems that most of the people using it for a while learn it's advantages.

See more negativity about the horn button, but I guess current production will come with a horn button in the center mounted airbag as well.
as someone who had the yoke, the part that was most annoying for me was no turn signal stalk. And when I had it the turn signal buttons were super sensitive. They have since adjusted through software and used AI to help. But for sure i wouldve preferred a turn stalk. This is not something easily rectifiable with aftermarket

Reactions: gglockner
I don’t believe you can move a pre-order and I have a cyber truck on my account. Yes I can move the actual vehicles that I currently already own to a different account by going through the “I have sold it“ option But due to the cyber truck being on there I do not believe I would be able to do what you are suggesting
that's what I said...move the existing cars onto another account. register the new X on the buyer's name and then move it to another account on his name

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
also the yoke really didn't improve much. Maybe slightly more visibility? But i don't even need to see that screen i have been so used to having a 3 and Y screen and not even having the screen right in front of me.

The Yoke is a bad idea. At best people accept it. I think very few would prefer it
How do you know if you haven't driven it for 2 or 3 weeks? Or does your wife/husband have it?