Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is pretty much what my rejected X was like. Same issues with plastic. Same horrible paint job.

So if you're one of many in this thread dying to get your car right now, take some comfort in the fact that multiple X's are coming from Freemont in this (abysmal) condition.

Tesla is seemingly setting production rate and then working to ramp quality, when instead I wish they'd prioritize quality and then slowly ramp up production rate. MX's in this condition are a total waste, IMO. Real shame.

I'm not planning on submitting final payment or signing docs until I have had a chance to take a thorough look at things.. I think this is a reasonable way? If I accept delivery on the spot, I assume I can pay instantly with ACH through the app.
Correct. The app makes it seem like final payment is required before you arrive, but this isn't true. Don't transfer a cent until you are 100% OK keeping the car.

This is pretty much what my rejected X was like. Same issues with plastic. Same horrible paint job.

So if you're one of many in this thread dying to get your car right now, take some comfort in the fact that multiple X's are coming from Freemont in this (abysmal) condition.

Tesla is seemingly setting production rate and then working to ramp quality, when instead I wish they'd prioritize quality and then slowly ramp up production rate. MX's in this condition are a total waste, IMO. Real shame.
I love the response on that thread: "All paint is error".

• Funny
Reactions: studioloft
Do the refresh X come with usb thumbdrive for Sentry-mode? My model Y came with it, but the model 3 did not. Just wanted to have one ready in case they're not included when I pickup.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found this on the Tesla store, which states that it's included with all new vehicle deliveries;
View attachment 761187
It comes with one. I wasn't sure and bought one months ago. I did buy a usb hub and plugged the usb in it and then bought an 8bitdo wireless adapter so I could connect a Ps5 controller to use with games.

ouch, I would be pissed if I paid $100K+ and was delivered that shoddiness

Reactions: lexus26 and Elixir
ouch, I would be pissed if I paid $100K+ and was delivered that shoddiness
After all of this wait, if mine comes with any crazy ass defects, I'm gonna blow up.

I reached out yet again to my SA yesterday. Got a message back claiming that I'd get my car in March latest according to his system and for sure in Q1. I explained to him that the March EDD is hard coded and doesn't carry any weight. And if he doesn't believe me, to call me on February 15th when it will change to April. I also asked him to please reach out if anyone ends up rejecting their vehicle due to funding issues or simply availability, but not for defects. I'd gladly take it.

So I have done what a few others in this forum have done, which is order a second in a 6-seat Plaid variant to see how it is processed compared to original LR5 order.

The outcome is very surprising, although the date I have may very well, and probably will, disappear in a day or two.

I originally ordered an MXLR Black/Cream 22" 5 seater NoFSD on 8/28/21. Original EDD was and still is April 2022. This obviously is not going to happen.

On New Years Day 2022 I ordered an MXP Black/White 22" 6 seater NoFSD. Original EDD was October 2022. Today it changed to February 16 - March 09.

They are obviously prioritizing more profitable orders.

Again, all of the above may very well change by tomorrow. I will keep everyone informed as this progresses.

So I have done what a few others in this forum have done, which is order a second in a 6-seat Plaid variant to see how it is processed compared to original LR5 order.

The outcome is very surprising, although the date I have may very well, and probably will, disappear in a day or two.

I originally ordered an MXLR Black/Cream 22" 5 seater NoFSD on 8/28/21. Original EDD was and still is April 2022. This obviously is not going to happen.

On New Years Day 2022 I ordered an MXP Black/White 22" 6 seater NoFSD. Original EDD was October 2022. Today it changed to February 16 - March 09.

They are obviously prioritizing more profitable orders.

Again, all of the above may very well change by tomorrow. I will keep everyone informed as this progresses.
This has been addressed a bunch of times already in this thread as well as by SAs themselves. This has been the Tesla way since the beginning. For each production line, they prioritize cars with the largest margin all else being equal.

Those that got LR early before Plaid is not the norm for Tesla

D6A158FF-F8F3-42A8-9980-AC6310226C0E.jpeg

Change number 4. I’ve had a VIN since December 31st, so this is ****ing bullshit.

Now that Tesla is profitable their need to prioritize deliveries to optimize profit is reduced.

I imaging that due to supply chain issues they will produce cars as the total bill of parts becomes available. This will optimize profitability and increase volume at the same time.

I understand that most readers of this post are mainly interested in getting their specific car delivered ASAP. Believe Tesla is taking more of an overall view to optimize deliveries in total.

The big incentive for Tesla will be to produce and deliver as many S & X as possible before EOQ at end of March. Just in time for the Springtime driving season for many of us.

Are you asking about the advantage of a yoke or are you asking about the advantage of complaining about something that isn't going to change?
Exactly. So here you guys go. If you want to bitch about the yoke, here is your spot.

Aftermarket Yoke?.

And here: The Yoke Experience.

There are others, but you're welcome. Most of us here have already reserved the refresh, hence, are content with our choices and what we have in that glorious dept. We humbly look to come to this thread to wring our hands, keel over the bar with Stro and kvetch over not getting our refreshed starships.

Thanks it was a smooth delivery. Apparently their was a firmware update that they had to do on all their cars so it took them an extra 20 min to get the car ready but when it was done it was easy. We did a thorough walk through and the driver side FWD is off a hair when it closes. No rubbing just not seating all the way. Seems like everything Is in the car that’s supposed to be there. Pulling for you to get yours too.
Pictures please. It makes our grueling wait less cutting. Thanks in advance!!