Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forget. Can someone remind me when they hiked up the LR price by $15,000? It seems so true that they are delivering more LR's to people that ordered after the $15,000 increase and leaving the pre refresh/early orders out to dry.... Sorry Stro, Jbrowdy, and others....
Obviously only one datapoint, but fetar30310 above appears to be a pre-price hike LR order and it's being delivered.

Reactions: lexus26
Exactly. So here you guys go. If you want to bitch about the yoke, here is your spot.

Aftermarket Yoke?.

And here: The Yoke Experience.

There are others, but you're welcome. Most of us here have already reserved the refresh, hence, are content with our choices and what we have in that glorious dept. We humbly look to come to this thread to wring our hands, keel over the bar with Stro and kvetch over not getting our refreshed starships.
I really don’t understand that people are willing to risk replacing one of the most used and crucial pieces of a metal rocket that goes 80-90mph.

Thanks to everyone that sent me to the Delivery Checklist. Fingers crossed it's nothing too bad.

I'm actually not taking delivery in Austin, I'm taking delivery in PA. I split the year between both places. I just like to associate myself with Austin more so I can feel like I'm not as old as I am.

June 2021 order, MX LR 6/Blue/Cream/FSD.
Where in PA? I’m in the Philly burbs. Looks like east coast is the priority for delivery right now!

Estimated Delivery: February 08 - March 01​

MODEL X PLAID 22 Black on White. North NJ. Haven’t got a Vin yet. Hopefully soon. I ordered in November
n
Where in PA? I’m in the Philly burbs. Looks like east coast is the priority for delivery right now!
yup. I’m in north jersey. Ordered 11/12/21 delivery feb 8- march 1 MX plaid 6 panda edition

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Obviously only one datapoint, but fetar30310 above appears to be a pre-price hike LR order and it's being delivered.
Yep, but feels like for every 1 pre/early order, we have 10 post increase orders that are getting fulfilled. But we're also looking at a tiny fraction of the overall population of orders, or so I tell myself.

My opinion on delivery refusal:

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic lately. There certainly is the school of thought that if a car has many issues at delivery that it will have issues in the future. This is true to many extents.

However -
I personally would not refuse delivery for cosmetic and/or fit & finish issues as others have in the past. These issues are the product of one weak link in the assembly line chain and do not necessarily reflect the overall build of the car but rather the technician responsible for that piece of assembly. These types of issues can typically be easily addressed by the Service Center or even a mobile service visit.

No doubt it is a bummer getting a new toy that came broken, but my two cents is to really think about the issue on a case by case basis and consider if it can be easily addressed or if you believe it is reflective of the entire build as a whole. Keep in mind once delivery is refused there is no guarantee if they will fix the car assigned to you or put you in the back of the queue.

For clarification, I am referring to delivery refusal for minor issues. Any major mechanical issues are a huge red flag and obvious justification for delivery refusal. 🚩
What if the "fit and finish" is something to do with the falcon wing doors? If those can't be adjusted on the spot, if they're having trouble opening/closing, it sounds like it might be unsolvable even with service looking into it. That, to me, is the deal breaker.

So I have done what a few others in this forum have done, which is order a second in a 6-seat Plaid variant to see how it is processed compared to original LR5 order.

The outcome is very surprising, although the date I have may very well, and probably will, disappear in a day or two.

I originally ordered an MXLR Black/Cream 22" 5 seater NoFSD on 8/28/21. Original EDD was and still is April 2022. This obviously is not going to happen.

On New Years Day 2022 I ordered an MXP Black/White 22" 6 seater NoFSD. Original EDD was October 2022. Today it changed to February 16 - March 09.

They are obviously prioritizing more profitable orders.

Again, all of the above may very well change by tomorrow. I will keep everyone informed as this progresses.
Did you use the same login to reserve the Plaid as the Long Range? Or did you create a new account?

Yep, but feels like for every 1 pre/early order, we have 10 post increase orders that are getting fulfilled. But we're also looking at a tiny fraction of the overall population of orders, or so I tell myself.
That is why I decided to take delivery of a Plaid. My 5/04 LR order at 89,900 probably has so many older pre price increase orders that will (eventually) be fulfilled first and so many newer post price increase orders that will also jump ahead in line that I figured it would be a very long wait. I think the first price increase occurred quite soon after I ordered.

Reactions: shamberann
What if the "fit and finish" is something to do with the falcon wing doors? If those can't be adjusted on the spot, if they're having trouble opening/closing, it sounds like it might be unsolvable even with service looking into it. That, to me, is the deal breaker.
I had trouble with one of my FWD. it was actually hitting a trim piece and took the paint down to the metal. I had to take it back into the service center and they adjusted the door. They ordered the trim piece and now I have to go back in on Feb 11th for them to replace the trim and fix a dent it had on the driver door near the window.

I forget. Can someone remind me when they hiked up the LR price by $15,000? It seems so true that they are delivering more LR's to people that ordered after the $15,000 increase and leaving the pre refresh/early orders out to dry.... Sorry Stro, Jbrowdy, and others....

Im pre price hike. LR 6 seater. Delivery pick this monday

That is why I decided to take delivery of a Plaid. My 5/04 LR order at 89,900 probably has so many older pre price increase orders that will (eventually) be fulfilled first and so many newer post price increase orders that will also jump ahead in line that I figured it would be a very long wait. I think the first price increase occurred quite soon after I ordered.
samesies. are you keeping your LR order? I have very similar timing.

My opinion on delivery refusal:

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic lately. There certainly is the school of thought that if a car has many issues at delivery that it will have issues in the future. This is true to many extents.

However -
I personally would not refuse delivery for cosmetic and/or fit & finish issues as others have in the past. These issues are the product of one weak link in the assembly line chain and do not necessarily reflect the overall build of the car but rather the technician responsible for that piece of assembly. These types of issues can typically be easily addressed by the Service Center or even a mobile service visit.

No doubt it is a bummer getting a new toy that came broken, but my two cents is to really think about the issue on a case by case basis and consider if it can be easily addressed or if you believe it is reflective of the entire build as a whole. Keep in mind once delivery is refused there is no guarantee if they will fix the car assigned to you or put you in the back of the queue.

For clarification, I am referring to delivery refusal for minor issues. Any major mechanical issues are a huge red flag and obvious justification for delivery refusal. 🚩

Guys, this is a $100k+ car.

I have this on my M3P. I love it.

with the sun beating down the paint, once this will be removed it most likely
View attachment 761203View attachment 761204View attachment 761205View attachment 761206
Dropped off the baby as soon as I could to this shop. Got matte white wrap with ceramic coating, window tint, and painted calipers + Tesla emblems. It turned out amazing! Waited 1.5 years for this bad boy and now it’s clean! I’d highly recommend getting any wraps/tint done here if you’re in OC or LA. The shop is called Elevance and located in Hawaiian Gardens/Cerritos area.
Stunning

with the sun beating down the paint, once this will be removed it most likely
No issue. My car is both fully wrapped with PPF and I had them put the decal plate on another piece of PPF before applying. It will cause zero paint damage if you do it that way. You can buy sections of PPF on Amazon and apply yourself.

Attachments

• Car with Plate.jpg
    Car with Plate.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Yakkodot