Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 761203View attachment 761204View attachment 761205View attachment 761206
Dropped off the baby as soon as I could to this shop. Got matte white wrap with ceramic coating, window tint, and painted calipers + Tesla emblems. It turned out amazing! Waited 1.5 years for this bad boy and now it’s clean! I’d highly recommend getting any wraps/tint done here if you’re in OC or LA. The shop is called Elevance and located in Hawaiian Gardens/Cerritos area.
What's the price difference between wrap and PPF?

Original order was a 7-seat - but received the "call" to upgrade to a 6-seat for "expedited" delivery - not:)

Wait, so they called you to have your LR 7-seater converted into a 6-seater? For no extra charge aside from $3500 extra perhaps? I didn’t think they were offering an upgrade to the LR 7/5 orders.

Edit: Oh I think you were likely called pre-dec being an early order. Lucky and congrats!!

That solution is so disgusting I might actually kill myself.

It's going to be the first thing I order after scheduling my wrap. The sad thing is that it may only be $600 but I'd gladly pay $2K to Tesla to have a regular steering wheel. I still think the yoke is going to cause accidents and the NHTSA will eventually force a recall. Yes I know a bunch of you are going thumbs down me :(

Last edited:
Well, I am picking up my Plaid tomorrow. Went and looked at the car yesterday. I couldn’t get inside, but the exterior looks good as far as I can tell. 15 miles on the odometer. They had four Plaids and two LR’s at the Salt Lake SC. The two LR’s had all season tires. All of the Plaids, including mine with 20” wheels, had summer tires. While Tire Rack shows that 265’s are OE for the fronts with 20” wheels on the Plaid, mine had 255’s. Tire Rack said either size is acceptable. When I take delivery tomorrow, I’m going to try to find out when the LR’s were ordered.

Attachments

• A324DF63-9901-4AE1-974E-B64AB81F8830.jpeg
    A324DF63-9901-4AE1-974E-B64AB81F8830.jpeg
    728.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 416CA9B2-0C04-43C5-BFD8-AFBDE150F2AD.jpeg
    416CA9B2-0C04-43C5-BFD8-AFBDE150F2AD.jpeg
    723.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 1A414F44-0B6E-4FF0-9E7D-B0EB60CFEC12.jpeg
    1A414F44-0B6E-4FF0-9E7D-B0EB60CFEC12.jpeg
    766.7 KB · Views: 77
Free upgrade?
Surely you jest:)

In October '21, Tesla called several LR 7-seat reservation holders offering "delivery before the end of the year" if they would change to a 6-seat configuration AND pay the $3,000 upcharge. This is different from the Plaid 7-seat reservation holders, some of whom received the upgrade at no cost.

Oh, and I am getting my X before the end of the year - but I assumed that Tesla meant December 2021 and not December 2022😂

It's going to be the first thing I order after scheduling my wrap. The sad thing is that it may only be $600 but I'd gladly pay $2K to Tesla to have a regular steering wheel. I still think the yoke is going to cause accidents and the NHTSA will eventually force a recall. Yes I know a bunch of you are going thrumbs down me :(
$600 for that? No. You gotta be kidding.

I was an anti-yoker when I first saw the unveil and most of last year. Then I started paying attention to my hands and realized I almost never touch the top of the wheel anyway. I drive with my hands towards the bottom 98% of the time, so I kind of stopped caring. I’m sure it’ll be an adjustment but I think it’ll be quick for me. I can see how it would bother 12 o’clock drivers though.

Well, I am picking up my Plaid tomorrow. Went and looked at the car yesterday. I couldn’t get inside, but the exterior looks good as far as I can tell. 15 miles on the odometer. They had four Plaids and two LR’s at the Salt Lake SC. The two LR’s had all season tires. All of the Plaids, including mine with 20” wheels, had summer tires. While Tire Rack shows that 265’s are OE for the fronts with 20” wheels on the Plaid, mine had 255’s. Tire Rack said either size is acceptable. When I take delivery tomorrow, I’m going to try to find out when the LR’s were ordered.
Looks fantastic, congrats! I’m guessing the other two LR’s there were also 6-seaters.

Wait, your 20" wheels actually came with tires that don't have an M+S stamp???????
The Continental Cross Contacts are supposed to the stock tire for the Plaid with 20" wheels.

Last edited:
In a crazy sequence of events my car is now ready again for pick up tomorrow 🤦🏻‍♀️

First CS agent told me they had no idea why or when or how it would be ready… “it’s not ready because it’s not ready”

Called back at another number and Fremont delivery reached out saying they are physically looking at my car and it just needs to be charged and detailed, will be ready tomorrow afternoon!

Al
alignment looks spot on!

In a crazy sequence of events my car is now ready again for pick up tomorrow 🤦🏻‍♀️

First CS agent told me they had no idea why or when or how it would be ready… “it’s not ready because it’s not ready”

Called back at another number and Fremont delivery reached out saying they are physically looking at my car and it just needs to be charged and detailed, will be ready tomorrow afternoon!

Stunned. I figured it was some sort of mistake. There's no way that folks who ordered in the last month would get their plaids ahead of those who ordered more than 6 months ago.