Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited my local Tesla showroom and the SA adviced ordering a MY performance then trade it in when my MX becomes available. She's not hopeful of any delivery this year. Looks like a win/win situation for Tesla.
I ordered an MY LR in November based on this idea. Received the MY in January. My plan is to sell a 10 year old Prius whenever the X arrives... ending up with two cars (both Teslas) for the family.

Looking back now - I am glad I did it - we are pretty happy with the Y... A little bit more relaxed about the uncertain delivery date of the X...

Hopefully this is the final stretch of the purchase, I received notification to schedule delivery. Appears a bit got flipped to switch from pickup at the SC to home delivery. Thankfully a quick phone call fixed that and moved the window up a few days - now scheduled for pick-up on the 17th. Planning on take a few days off to enjoy a ride around Texas, assuming the low temps for the area reverses itself.

That is correct. Ordered July 10th 2021 and got the "call" the afternoon of October 18th 2021. Offered to keep same base price and update to 6 seater with a promise of delivery by the end of the year. I also had a VIN assigned at the end of November 2021 and removed the following day.
View attachment 765549
View attachment 765550
Gonna have to call BS on this. Sure you didn't ask to switch yourself bc they didn't offer the switch to anyone after 1st qtr 2021 orders. If it is true love to know how you got on that liast as many of us tried to no avail I even was told yes by 4 ppl then sent a text oh sorry you were a qtr 2 order only qtr 1 and earlier orders get it. Did you maybe order in 2020 finally agree to upgrade to the refresh X later in 2021? Something doesn't add up.

Finally took delivery this am, and the car truly is amazing. Tapped the pedal and instantly over 60mph without breaking a sweat. I've owned many cars, but nothing has scared me like this. Truly remarkable experience.

Attachments

• 20220206_121007.jpg
    20220206_121007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 20220206_101247.jpg
    20220206_101247.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 99
  • 20220206_101533.jpg
    20220206_101533.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 85
Seat foam or no seat foam… be honest with your customers. I know it’s a novel idea.

If you told me in October when you called that if I paid the extra $6500 to go to the 6 seater or I waited until October 2022 or later I probably would have taken them up on their offer. Instead they told me my 5 seater would come “definitely in Q1, probably later Feb to early March”. January again they told me 5 seaters will ship for the LR and confirmed I would definitely get it in Q1.

Seems pretty clear from the delivery dates being given out now, that the odds of me getting it in Q1 are slim to none. The I would guess the odds of 2023 and later is more likely than February.

But what should I expect. This whole transaction started with a lie and those lies have continued throughout.

If they were honest and communicated with me I would have sympathy.

Nope.

Placed an order today (2/6/22) for a MY performance. Originally placed an order for a MX LR 1/27/21. This will be my first EV so really just looking to get into the game. Would like 6 seats (hence the MX) but don't need it as we will take delivery on a 2022 Cadillac Escalade ESV this coming week (Original order date for the Cadillac was 1/29/21 so this whole waiting game has been tons of fun)

Let's see which one comes first (both have EDD of March 2022). I'm concerned about the build quality of the MX. seen videos ranging from the normal gap issues all the way to rust. I expect to make the decision when the first one comes and I like/don't like it.

Anyone get the impression that the MY has a better build quality than the MX? I don't have much experience with either...family has a MX from 2016 maybe and it has tons of issues. a few friends have had the MY with little to no issues.