Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many variables.. people may get confused.

A proposal - As the default sort date appears to be by order date, maybe we add a shaded row reflecting when base prices increased? We could add a column for base price but everyone in a certain time block would have the same price OR accidently include price+options.
Heres an example of what this might look like. Note the shaded order date. Maybe make it bold text too.
View attachment 767928

Does anyone have record of what days the big price changes were made?

Just a proposal above. If we don't like it I won't do it :)

Edit: OR add a line between 4 and 5 at the top of the sheet with all the relevant price change dates. I am hoping someone has this data! I could dig but... page 1108 😅
As somewhat of a data nerd and someone with OCD, I’d suggest above the main table. Otherwise, my dashboard will trip up with unacceptable values in various fields :)

If someone can post the dates of price changes we could even do a look up based on order date and populate a calculated column, but please, not inside the main table 😃

I'm still trying to figure out why I'm supposed to be glad Elon went on twitter and responded like he did.

• Its been over a year since they stopped production of the X.
  • They've lied to all of us, and continue to lie to all of us, about our delivery dates.
  • They admitted, looking back, a year ago shutting down the line when they had a healthy backlog was a bad idea... Wow. Really. No *sugar* Sherlock.
  • He mentioned how hard the X is to produce... again... not new information. Didn't they say this with the original X how many years back. (You know, maybe learn from your mistakes and when you refresh it, work on those sort of issues)
  • He said there is an issue with "interior trim"... maybe the one new bit of information offered. But I suspect its probably not new, and that by "interior trim" when he means is the 3 seat bench which caused them to cancel the 5/7 configuration on the Plaid, encourage early 5/7 config LRX's to switch to 6 in order to get "double secret priority" delivery, and to have shipped zero 5 or 7 seat configurations on the refreshed X.

What he didn't address
  • Will the 5/7 seat LR-X be produced in a meaningful timeframe, if at all
  • How does Tesla take into account order dates in their logistic plannings on what to produce... why are mide/late 2021 Plaid's getting fulfilled when late 2020 LR-X's still aren't
  • Why did Tesla take orders on cars they knew were not in production and a price/delivery date they knew they could not hit
  • Why did Tesla take orders on cars and the retroactively raise the price on customers.
  • Why did Tesla take $6500 on LR-X orders to switch to 6 seat with a promise of delivery by end of the year, but they did not meet that date for many, many have still not shipped, and they appear to be refusing to refund that money
  • Why has Tesla repeatedly quoted delivery times to customers which they miss badly on
  • Why does Tesla publish an "estimated delivery date" to customers which appears to be fundamentally flawed
  • Why do Tesla sales reps appear to not have basic information on production and delivery dates
  • Why do some Tesla sales reps appear to provide data which appears to be categorically false
  • Why over a year in on many orders, is Tesla still unable to provide a delivery date for many customers
  • What is Tesla doing to improve the information they provide to their customers with orders on cars
Won't even get into some of the basic production problems people see as well in terms of things like paint, gaps, door alignment, etc. I guess you could almost forgive those as "new car issues" (given though they had the same issues on the original X and also things like the paint passed QA... its still an issue)

Lets be honest, the only person who "won" and should "be thankful" of this post was Sawyer Merritt. He got more likes/subscribes to his Twitter feed because Elon replied to him.
I order my car 01/14/21 got it 12/27/21 it was perfect as expected. Got a Y in Jan perfect as expected. Ordered an electric F150 July 1st...heard nothing forever...same stuff going on as Tesla. 3 weeks ago they started emailing every week that the build date was moving out a week. Useless email. Not me . But for those of you who really need a car its no different. Same with Subaru and Mazda and....

Well, ladies and gentlemen,

After many chats with various Tesla employees today, they’ve promise me it’s officially my car. They could not remove FSD without increasing my price to current pricing but that’s ok. Payment has been made. Insurance re-issued (as I had this VIN before it was taken back), and trade-in removed (taking it to carmax myself).

I just have to wait for a message to schedule my pickup. Based on others experience here, this could take some time. I’ve verified my car is in San Antonio still and I’m in Houston. I’ll happily fly to San Antonio to pick it up on the way back from VA next week. But I won’t truly believe it’s mine until I’m sitting in it and I’ve driven off the SC parking lot (no Tesla dealers allowed in Texas).
Sweet. Curious: how do you check on the current location of the car?

Reactions: ShadX
Ordered MXP in Sep '21, just got a VIN :)
Black on Black with 20"
The Plaid 20" comes with Michelin Sport 3 Summer tires. I will be picking up in Feb in New England, so I need to pre-purchase some Scorpion Winters!

Can anyone give me the exact specifications for their Plaid 20" tires? I believe they differ from the manual, i.e. 255 on the front vs 265. Should I just go for the 265 tires as tire rack recommends? Are the wheels any different on the Plaid vs LR?

Thank you!

Reactions: Kaos_X
At the current rate, by the time you get your Model X, your oldest will be married, your youngest will be in college, and we’ll all be collecting social security.
Funny, I also got that email about “stepping into the MSP at select locations [near me].”

I email my poor SA saying eff it, you guys want me to upgrade to plaid. Fine, I’ll do it for an hour, as long as there’s no service mode limitation on acceleration.

Oh no no, we mean like you get to step into one and sit in it, no test drive.

Lol facepalm taintslap

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
My SA just wrote, in response to my question about a June delivery (12 month for order):

“It is still a place holder for now, but we surely are getting close. Yes, we have been seeing about a 12-14 month wait for the Model X's we have been delivering recently. Really appreciate your patience as we navigate through this supply chain issue. It will be worth the wait!”

At least it’s realistic and honest…

Yes, but the FWD is a major reason for me getting an X.

Yeah, well this is just complete and absolute BS. The aftermarket wheels use OEM yokes to build from. OEM buttons and switches, OEM interface to the car, OEM airbag. They are LITERALLY Tesla yokes with some extra bits added so there is NO safety issue with them AT ALL. This is not dangerous IN ANY WAY. I am leaning towards the Hannshow wheel and I am also planning to add M3 stalks to my build (look out I'm going to kill all the children!). Ryan Huber has taken his MS with an M3 wheel and stalks in for service and they haven't said a word. Dial back the FUD dude. The yoke is a steaming pile of crap (I was able to drive a refresh S) and we are free to make OUR cars more usable if we want to do so. They are OURS. They are not Tesla's and not the NHTSA's.

Seriously, if changing a steering wheel is "frightening" to you, you need to get out more.
Seriously — I hate to be crass but the op objecting to these after market steering wheels is simply a dolt (to put it gently).

• Disagree
Reactions: wildstar
FSD = Dodgecoin = Meme stocks. —> the more value is ascribed to a near valueless asset the more value it appears to have until eventually the reality becomes indisputable to all…
I do happen to think that cryptocurrency will have a hard time gaining real (average-person) traction in our current world.

But FSD? It literally drove me home, on a complicated route, through multiple roundabouts etc tonight. It is huge. Yes there’s quite a few tweaks still needed. But FSD is getting better daily.

Well, ladies and gentlemen,

After many chats with various Tesla employees today, they’ve promise me it’s officially my car. They could not remove FSD without increasing my price to current pricing but that’s ok. Payment has been made. Insurance re-issued (as I had this VIN before it was taken back), and trade-in removed (taking it to carmax myself).

I just have to wait for a message to schedule my pickup. Based on others experience here, this could take some time. I’ve verified my car is in San Antonio still and I’m in Houston. I’ll happily fly to San Antonio to pick it up on the way back from VA next week. But I won’t truly believe it’s mine until I’m sitting in it and I’ve driven off the SC parking lot (no Tesla dealers allowed in Texas).
First off, Congrats! Again!

Second, we have the same dealership limitation here in Oklahoma. When I ordered my car I had to select Kansas City as my pickup location. I'm guessing I could do home delivery but am nervous about doing that if I have to reject the car. How do you have it sent to an SC? We have one in Tulsa.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro