Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they're going to refresh the X again with an interior trim delete
Would’ve been helpful if Merritt had gone on a tirade on our behalf. But I guess we’ll just sit in the dark waiting for the next pathetic sidenote the great and powerful Elon. Life would be better if he hired people to manage his company that could look after the customers. IMHO

Omg! They are totally ripping you off. Check out

They are absolutely amazing and everybody raves about their work here in North Jersey… the owner Felix is the best. I put a deposit down to have my X wrapped with them when it comes in. Total will be $6000 and I just put $500 down to hold my spot as they are really busy…. But he said as soon as I take delivery they’ll fit me in. And the absolute best part is that you get a Tesla loaner to use while they work on your car for any job over $4k.

Another really good spot is: illmatic Wraps - Vinyl Wraps | Xpel PPF | Paint Protection Film | Xpel | Clear Bra

Same price I believe but no loaner. But they do amazing work. A few athletes and celebrities take their cars there
I used to live up there, they always had better places than down here. I used to get tinted at a place up there just across the border into NY.

I’m going reach out to those places tomorrow, I don’t mind the drive up there.

Reactions: JER85
I’m about to be really happy and get headaches at same time tomorrow. 🤦‍♂️

Taillight has a little crack.
Roof trim need to be replaced.
Missing paint at the front bumper edge.
Front hood need to be realigned.
FWD trim need to be reinstall or replace.
And many more…. 😢😩

Good luck everyone.
Honestly, you won the lottery, all things considered.

Engaging Plan B! I should’ve done this last April!
D65DE3F6-0C10-476C-978E-D8A3B88F63C6.png

Omg my EDD moved to July!

J/K - but it has been fun reading the last 15 pages of angry updates. I always knew the other dates were fake but July is even beyond my internal worst case of June :/. Was hoping to at least have the vehicle for some late summer vacations but I guess now I need to figure out what winter tires I’ll need when my X is delivered in January 2023.

No real concern. It’s February. For all we know this car was made in early December and waiting for final components for a few months until now. It’s still a car that in any other time would be a depreciating asset, so the slight difference from a 21 to 22 is pretty minimal in the long run to me. (Was only worried about it being a reject, but has 21 miles on the docs so far it says)

I’ll do a thorough check before accepting. At 13, almost 14 months in, I’m not worried if I end up declining it and wait again. I didn’t expect it before at least end of Q1.

Just again some hope for those who got pushed back that there is still SOME progress being made.
You’re a better person than me. I would reject that and tell them to shove it where the sun don’t shine lol…. 2021 VIN means it was built before November. God only knows where it’s been sitting all this time. Go through that puppy with a fine tooth comb and make sure you check the under carriage, battery area.

I thought about it, but damn I can’t get over how horrifically ugly Rivians look in the front. I don’t know what the design team was thinking or tripping on…. And also non-Tesla charging infrastructure is still so hit or miss.
From the side I just see a Jeep Wagoneer..it’s just not an appealing look to me or I would consider it. Also agreed on the front - the stupid headlight eyes are ugly in my opinion.

I also have very little faith in the first attempts by brand new car companies - what will the reliability look like in 1,3, or 5 years? Not saying tesla is necessarily good in that area but any startup company you have to be a bit skeptical. Will the battery maintain good charge over time? Nobody can truly know yet as there isn’t enough real world owners and usage data yet.

Reactions: JER85
You’re a better person than me. I would reject that and tell them to shove it where the sun don’t shine lol…. 2021 VIN means it was built before November. God only knows where it’s been sitting all this time. Go through that puppy with a fine tooth comb and make sure you check the under carriage, battery area.
The reality is, based on the pace of things, I at least know my car might have sat for 3-4 months vs getting a 2022 in late July that could have been there since Nov 2021. 🤷🏽‍♂️

What baffles me about the delay in the 5- and 7-seat configurations is that this is not a new product: Tesla manufactured these configurations before. This isn't rocket science.
Maybe not being rocket science is the problem. Elon is pretty good at rocket science.
Did you see how us Plaid owners dual rear motor looks on that Sandy Munroe vid? OMFG. It looks like an alien built it or something from space... wait... Space X. Engineers musta cross pollinated on this one. To me, owning something like that is out of this world.