Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my car has been paid for for a few weeks now due to the issue I had. But now they Tesla is giving me 42k for my M3, I’m wondering how I will get this money. I called and they said I’d get a check cut but would take a “few weeks” to get it. Is that normal? I don’t trust them

Interesting how this pushout to July seems to be the one that is finally alot of people's last straw as far as the X goes.

Had the same chat with my wife last night. We're not sure right now what our breaking point is, but they are darn close. I honestly don't think we'll be waiting around until July. If that date is true, I don't think we'll be here any longer to receive our car. Probably also will have to really think if they try to switch us from a 5 seater to a 6 seaters, and even moreso if they raise the price on us when doing so.

I would put the odds that my wife gets her X at probably < 25%.

Sad because it didn't have to be this way. We would have tolerated the production slips. We can't tolerate the lies, being ignored, and overall sheer incompetence.

Interesting how this pushout to July seems to be the one that is finally alot of people's last straw as far as the X goes.

Had the same chat with my wife last night. We're not sure right now what our breaking point is, but they are darn close. I honestly don't think we'll be waiting around until July. If that date is true, I don't think we'll be here any longer to receive our car. Probably also will have to really think if they try to switch us from a 5 seater to a 6 seaters, and even moreso if they raise the price on us when doing so.

I would put the odds that my wife gets her X at probably < 25%.

Sad because it didn't have to be this way. We would have tolerated the production slips. We can't tolerate the lies, being ignored, and overall sheer incompetence.

Can't argue with you.

My take on this push is that Tesla finally decided to stop pushing by 1 month every month. You piss everyone off every month. I think they decided to just push everyone out 3 months and piss everyone off now. Good move if you ask me. People pushed to July are already getting VINs. I expect this to continue. The July date isn't any more valid than the April EDD IMO. They just bought themselves 3 months of everyone getting pissed by a date push. Obviously this is the point where everyone is furious. In 2 weeks as we see more and more July EDDs getting VINs, we will all get hopeful again. :)

Last edited:
Maybe Tesla can come up with a short term lease for a Y or other Tesla to hold some of us over until our orders for X's can be fulfilled.

WIth deliveries uncertain, many are in dispair.

The faithful are shaken.

That would be a good idea if they had any cars to do it with... There's at least a month and a half wait on the performance Y and several months on the LR which most people would go for.... so they couldn't even do that if they wanted to.

And the work begins.. brakes already done in yellow but you can barely see from this angle

Attachments

• 7A7AF631-174B-4DDE-8D6C-6D436F748483.jpeg
    7A7AF631-174B-4DDE-8D6C-6D436F748483.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 100
Suspension, batteries, space age engines, HVAC, massive electronics are all totally different. Dash interior area is totally different. Other than that its pretty much the same. :)
I'll have to check on those seatbelts and see if they've changed. You know how much trouble they are to install and how much engineering is involved. I betcha that it's the culprit behind these delays. Everything else was a simple change. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Conversely, I've had a couple and both were terrible for quality, durability and fit and finish. Very nice interior, but some equally iffy issues with engineering (N54 engine for one). There's a reason why so many people only own BMWs for the duration of the warranty. As for the service, yes, I'll agree with that, although my experience with Tesla has been good - including the mobile service. The worst part of Tesla is their delivery services - they can't seem to inspect and fix things sufficiently prior to delivery. That, to me, feeds back to QA at the factory that should be sorting out the issues before shipping, leaving only minor issues to deal with at the Service Centers. This whole thread reflects that too.
The 5 series I had and loved, however, went to the dealer once every 3 months for whatever 2k repair was needed that month. Consistently.

A delay that long is SO wrong in SO many ways! Is there any other company, not even another car company, that is so mis-run and full of nothing but lies? Tesla is starting to make Enron look like a good investment!!!! 😄
Please sell your stock. It'll help me since I'm looking to continue buying this dip as much as I possibly can.

• Funny
Reactions: bhramabull
The 5 series I had and loved, however, went to the dealer once every 3 months for whatever 2k repair was needed that month. Consistently.
Roughy the same here - every 6 months on a 535xi Touring. Main issues were: Ignition, fuel pump, telemetrics, main computer, INJECTORS (apparently they never tested ceramic coatings with mixed fuel - ethanol/gasoline blends. They finally told me to only go to Shell AFTER the 3rd round of replacements). The main computer got flooded because it's placed in the spare wheel well. Apparently, when the drain tubes on the sunroof get blocked, that's where it flows to. Babied that thing and it still had conniptions galore. Computer "updates" were a joke - took upwards of a week to get one install done properly. Neighbor's 5 has had his 550 engine replaced. Ironically, even after getting the first S which ended up written off in an accident, I still went to see what they had despite swearing to myself to never step into another BMW dealership again.

Reactions: DelPhonic1