Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I got my VIN yesterday I got a text from Tesla to setup my appointment. The only option they have is for home delivery. The weird part is the message says my delivery is for an LR. Which would be great but I ordered a Plaid.

Emailed Tesla and they said they are showing my order is accurate for what I originally placed. I asked them to confirm specifically it is a Plaid.

I'd like to believe this is true. However, part of me thinks next Wednesday I'll have an LR sitting in my driveway...
I had the same experience. My Plaid order showed up as Long Range when I clicked to schedule delivery. Hopefully they won’t mess this up. 🤦

Thank you for sharing that video. Personally, I am impressed. A lot of things BMW got right. Parking Cameras (where is this Tesla?), open floor like the original Model S (my wife loved that, perfect place to put her purse without intruding into the front seat passenger footwell), HUD, camera washers, nav takes charging into account - augmented reality nav is cool.... I also like that they give you the choice of the built in nav, Apple or Android.

No Frunk and no 3rd row seating is an issue. Although Tesla frunks have been shrinking over the years. Reviewer claimer 340mi real world range. Very nice. I'm interested to see what the M model can do.

My wife might give it a look at some point.
I 100% agree with you about what they did right - everything you listed including infrared warmers into the doors. One thing I'm wondering about is whether they'll include the 3 way cover/cargo net that I had in an older BMW Touring? It was good because it would attach to the ceiling, either behind the back seats or be used as a divider from the front seats so that you essentially had some security from cargo hitting you. Easier to show you (not the greatest video - rather clumsy):
Even though the first iteration needs work, I've been saying for years that there's no reason why there couldn't be an attachment design on the back of the front seats. Camera washers - seriously needed, probably also heaters to prevent icing if FSD is ever going to be a reality.

Reactions: strider
i asked several SC's if u can inspect vehicles prior to paying and they said u gotta accept before they let u check out the interior also........i'm not taking delivery anytime soon but i just asked for the future

anyone else confirm this?
They let you inspect it with a SC delivery, so I don't know why they wouldn't for a home delivery. For such a huge purchase it's silly to not let you look inside, especially given how common cabin issues are.

i asked several SC's if u can inspect vehicles prior to paying and they said u gotta accept before they let u check out the interior also........i'm not taking delivery anytime soon but i just asked for the future

anyone else confirm this?
I picked up at Fremont Factory and was allowed to inspect and try out everything on the inside before pressing accept or paying

Ours will be on the same truck haha see you at the Raleigh delivery center bud 🙂
They said mine should arrive Raleigh by Mar 1st, so they scheduled me for Mar 5th 11:30 AM, may be both of our Plaids are on the same truck! You can call Raleigh Sales number to know the exact ETA on yours and in fact schedule a tentative delivery appointment. I first scheduled for Mar 2nd that way and than the next day I received a text message saying based on my shipment ETA (Mar 1st) they need to reschedule it for Mar 5th but if it arrives early they will let me know!

Last edited:
Just got bumped to July EDD from April. It’s like 2021 all over again. Ha. This can’t be a placeholder unless all 7 seaters were moved to July EDD. Maybe that’s when they think supply chain issues will lift? Any other 5/7 seaters get moved to a different date?

W/w/7/20/FSD originally ordered November 2020
I'm a 6 seater at July 2022 - so no worries. The interns are having fun again.

I did this with an XC40 Recharge back in November, 2021 (when my MX EDD was April - that was exactly 5 months). I am loving the car. Volvo delivered it to my local dealer within 2 weeks and I have been driving it ever since. The Care by Volvo program is perfect for our situation here as it goes month-month after 5 months for up to 24 months - the way Tesla is going it may be the latter ;). So you can just keep driving it without worry and whenever your X finally arrives, you return the car.

But yeah, no complaints with Volvo at all.
Had almost the same experience, except the no one contacted me after ordering and ultimately I had to chase down the dealership to get my car. Now it seems they’ve changed the program so that you can’t order online, but need to work with the dealership to see what they have in inventory already. My guess is the dealerships complained about cutting them out as middle man.

Curious if the people who paid the October Tax to guarantee early delivery by December while downgrading to a 6 seater also got pushed out to July?
That's me :)
(although I firmly believe that the 6 seat is an upgrade in utility from the 7 seat)
Our family has kids (8, 10, and 13) and getting in and out of the back with 7 seats is a pain in the butt. The gap in the middle makes for loading kids so much easier. Granted, loading STUFF is not nearly as useful, but we load kids just about every drive and load stuff very infrequently.

$0.02

Ok.... So I thought my Rivian was plan B but due to the possible CarMax price for my 2017 Ford Explorer I've decided to grab the cash and stick it into a Model Y till Model X arrives. When the X arrives the equity I put into the Y will transfer to the MX as a trade in.
FOX_MODEL Y.png

Ok.... So I thought my Rivian was plan B but due to the possible CarMax price for my 2017 Ford Explorer I've decided to grab the cash and stick it into a Model Y till Model X arrives. When the X arrives the equity I put into the Y will transfer to the MX as a trade in. View attachment 770995
I did the same. Picking up the car in a week. I've also done the R1S pre-order in case my X doesn't come until 2023.

Tesla just called me to let me know they can’t deliver my MX tomorrow because the trade-in paperwork hasn’t been received internally yet. Her best estimate for my delivery is now Wednesday. I asked if I could swing by to inspect it anyway. She asked “why? It’s perfect!” I told her I had friends that had had theirs delivered with missing parts, cracked windshields, panel gaps, etc. She replied , “panel gaps are normal. I’d they are 5mm or less, it’s within spec.” I told her I had my own spec and I would reject anything I decided didn’t meet my standards. She said that “only 2 in 4” teslas come with issues. She quickly corrected herself to say 1 in 10. Kept telling me to not worry. That the car was perfect. Now my wait continues.