Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
like a few of you guys I am trying the “experiment” of ordering a Plaid in addition to my LR (LR ordered 9/3/2021, Plaid ordered 2/16/21). EDD says July for my LR, the plaid said October, but today the plaid switched to TBD. Has that happened to anyone? Not sure what to make of it.
I ordered MXP on 2/16/21. Had an EDD of October but that switched to TBD in July of 2021. Still showing TBD as I wait for an update.

All cars come with the FSD computer. The $99/mo is offered to those folks with 2017/2018 and previously purchased the Enhanced Auto Pilot feature, which is no longer sold separately. EAP included most of the features of what is now called FSD, except for FSD on City Streets. So those folks get a discount on the monthly rate. They paid for EAP which is part of FSD now, so the remaining parts of FSD are discounted. That maneuver does not apply to anyone ordering now. It has nothing to do with the existence of the FSD computer (everybody gets one of those today).

You will pay $199/mo for FSD on any new car.
This doesn't apply to the refreshed X because they have the latest computer, but if you have a car with EAP then you also have to pay a one time computer upgrade in addition to the $99/mo option in the likely situation that the car doesn't yet have a HW 3.0+ computer.

Happy Saturday in the waiting room. On my way to Napa for wine and champagne and caviar day. My SA just texted me some updates explains recent delays:

“Hey sorry! We finally got a little update today — looks like we were updating the charge port door, tail lights, and some internal hardware.
That is affecting the delivery estimate as well as product shortages”

We will see if this holds any truth.

Happy Saturday in the waiting room. On my way to Napa for wine and champagne and caviar day. My SA just texted me some updates explains recent delays:

“Hey sorry! We finally got a little update today — looks like we were updating the charge port door, tail lights, and some internal hardware.

This just tells me that your SA reads Electrek and is extrapolating from there.

Edit: even worse, source seems to be Sawyer

Probably just read something about the updated port door and taillights on the Model S and decided to drop this nugget on you to seem like he’s in the know…. SA’s are such a$$ clowns

Probably just read something about the updated port door and taillights on the Model S and decided to drop this nugget on you to seem like he’s in the know…. SA’s are such a$$ clowns
Well, it really just reminds us over and over again, they are in the dark just like us. And they unfortunately are in the position to have to respond to our inquiries. I still appreciate his efforts and that he ALWAYS never fail to reply back to me every time I text him.

Being an SA has got to blow. They don’t get commission and probably aren’t paid well (assumption).

Yet they are the most customer facing and really are not kept in the loop. Talked to one face to face last night and they basically said they have no info more than we do and can really only help me (with delivery) once I get a VIN.

She is very nice, personable and straightforward. Didn’t try to make excuses. She just doesn’t get any info.

This just tells me that your SA reads Electrek and is extrapolating from there.

Edit: even worse, source seems to be Sawyer

I think the old tail lights with the center strip that says Tesla going into the taillights looks much nicer. I cant tell the difference between the old and new taillights. What do others think of these changes?

I see your SA and I raise you mine… only messages I’ve received in the last year have been automated ones

Attachments

• DFF726A8-4F66-4845-B644-C8FE0372482E.png
    DFF726A8-4F66-4845-B644-C8FE0372482E.png
    531.9 KB · Views: 121
We finally got a little update today — looks like we were updating the charge port door, tail lights, and some internal hardware.
Warning: The following is wild speculation on my part.

Updating the charge port door could mean that Tesla plans to make Model X officially compatible with their CCS adapter. I say this after reading that the official Tesla CCS adapter sold in South Korea (not yet available in the USA) fits the flat charge port panel of the Model 3/Y but not the reflector door on the S/X.

If this is correct, it would be a very welcome upgrade.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Warning: The following is wild speculation on my part.

Updating the charge port door could mean that Tesla plans to give official compatibility with their upcoming CCS adapter. I say this after reading that the official Tesla CCS adapter sold in South Korea (and compatible with CCS1 in the USA) fits the flat charge port panel of the Model 3/Y but not the reflector door on the S/X.

If this is correct, it would be a very welcome upgrade.
...OR European deliveries are going to start happening soon...

I figure I might as well stir things up too.

Reactions: ironwill96
I think the old tail lights with the center strip that says Tesla going into the taillights looks much nicer. I cant tell the difference between the old and new taillights. What do others think of these changes?
When i saw the first pic of the new taillights, I immediately thought "can i buy the metal strip to put between them". The back looks plain without it.