Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went to the SC to see my car prior to delivery tomorrow. Was filthy dirty -- amazing that they don't cover cars of this value when trucking them, but whatever -- there were no apparent dents or scratches or otherwise blemishes on the paint or glass or exterior trim... There was a minor front hood panel misalignment (most buyers wouldn't notice it) and a minor misalignment on a falcon wing door. The service manager was gracious enough to come out in the rain and look, speak to his technicians after I left and call me up within an hour and say that his overnight team would take care of the issues and have the car ready for tomorrow. I must say, it was incredibly impressive given they are delivering 75 cars over the next 48 hours.... I know nothing at this point re: the inside of the car (looked great from the outside) or the actual function of the falcon wing doors. Also, the car has a 2/12 manufacturer date and it still has the "old" taillights and charger set up... which is what I wanted! I also looked at some plaid S's coming off the car carrier and they also still had the old taillight set up. Devon PA SC.

Just went to the SC to see my car prior to delivery tomorrow. Was filthy dirty -- amazing that they don't cover cars of this value when trucking them, but whatever -- there were no apparent dents or scratches or otherwise blemishes on the paint or glass or exterior trim... There was a minor front hood panel misalignment (most buyers wouldn't notice it) and a minor misalignment on a falcon wing door. The service manager was gracious enough to come out in the rain and look, speak to his technicians after I left and call me up within an hour and say that his overnight team would take care of the issues and have the car ready for tomorrow. I must say, it was incredibly impressive given they are delivering 75 cars over the next 48 hours.... I know nothing at this point re: the inside of the car (looked great from the outside) or the actual function of the falcon wing doors. Also, the car has a 2/12 manufacturer date and it still has the "old" taillights and charger set up... which is what I wanted! I also looked at some plaid S's coming off the car carrier and they also still had the old taillight set up. Devon PA SC.
I hope delivery goes well!

Today's latest video - little, if any, change from the last one.

[edit: looks like a really slow production day - not that much going through the Logistics Lot]
Yes. seems like the production is low somehow.:oops: Ideally, it should grow with the quarter-end push coming up. Looks like they want to stick to the July timeframe. I would be surprised if we get the car before July now.:rolleyes:

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Thanks for the update. My delivery date is next Saturday at the Devon, PA SC also. Hope yours goes smoothly. Counting down the days till I pick mine up. Going to finally install this wall charger this weekend in the meantime. Was putting it off till I had a scheduled delivery date.

Reactions: aba_woo
C89E6226-69BB-4525-9251-A22BC4768B36.jpeg

Yes. seems like the production is low somehow.:oops: Ideally, it should grow with the quarter-end push coming up. Looks like they want to stick to the July timeframe. I would be surprised if we get the car before July now.:rolleyes:
Well, for me it's August. I won't be holding my breath for even THAT date. In a way, I'm glad it's after this quarter as it'll (perhaps) let me look at the production numbers for Tesla and others (primarily Rivian). In a way, I'm hoping for the matrix headlights, meh on the taillights, not liking the removal of the black strip across the trunk if they do that - it'll give it the "Ed Grimley" look. It's not a good look.